Emre charged by FA

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

Emre's been charged with "racially aggrivated abuse" by the FA.

Fuck <_<

6 game ban at least. They'll make an example of him.

Edited by stevieintoon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollocks. Hard one to prove, surely?

Their word against Emre's tbh. Considering that they reported him to the referee straight away and the circumstances of the huge trouble Emre caused I am inclined to believe that Emre won't get away with it. His reputation (lengthy international ban) won't help him either...

Edited by Isegrim

I doubt they would've charged him if they thought they couldn't prove it.

I suppose they'll be relying on the players' word because if the referee had've heard it he would've seen sent off at the time.

I suppose they'll be relying on the players' word because if the referee had've heard it he would've seen sent off at the time.

As much as I remember of heaving read the referee didn't hear it but was informed by Everton players straight away and mentioned it in his match report.

FA Emre Charge - Newcastle Statement

FOLLOWING an announcement that the FA has charged Newcastle United midfielder Emre with using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words relating to an incident during the match against Everton at Goodison Park on 30 December 2006, the club has issued this statement:

We are aware that the FA has charged Emre, but, as the player has not yet had an opportunity to submit a reply to the charge we cannot comment further at this time other than to say the player intends to deny the charge.

Emre has until January 29 to respond to the charge.

For fuck's sake Emre. If he's truly guilty of this he's gone down a lot in my estimations. Not only will that be yet another player out, it also brings down the reputation of the entire team and one has to wonder if it's true what sort of relationship he can continue to have with his teammates.

Didn't Glenda say he'd quit if any of our players got banned for racism?

Not quite.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

He said

"I grew up with black people and black players. If I ever had the feeling that any of the players here were racist, I wouldn't stay at Newcastle.

"What we need to do if a person is found guilty of racist abuse is to come down hard, really hard.

"I am not talking about three, six or 10 games. If it's proven someone has racially abused another player, we cut them out, take them out for six months or a season. Take them out lock stock.

"I am very, very strong on this."

though.

And for the record, I don't think Emre is a racist. He's just a hot blooded idiot.

Didn't Glenda say he'd quit if any of our players got banned for racism?

Not quite.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

He said

"I grew up with black people and black players. If I ever had the feeling that any of the players here were racist, I wouldn't stay at Newcastle.

"What we need to do if a person is found guilty of racist abuse is to come down hard, really hard.

"I am not talking about three, six or 10 games. If it's proven someone has racially abused another player, we cut them out, take them out for six months or a season. Take them out lock stock.

"I am very, very strong on this."

though.

And for the record, I don't think Emre is a racist. He's just a hot blooded idiot.

I agree with what you say about Emre, making a racial comment doesn't necessarily make someone a racist.

It'll be interesting to see what Roeder does if Emre is found guilty, probably go on backing him to the hilt I'd imagine.

Agreed. His apparent friendship with Martins is an obvious reason to suggest calling him a racist would be unfair.

However, I don't give a fuck what mood you're in, how "hot" or "cold" blooded you are, what someone has done to you, there is simply no place for racist comments, anywhere and at any time. So if he's truly guilty, then I'd be happy to never see him play for NUFC right now tbh.

Agreed. His apparent friendship with Martins is an obvious reason to suggest calling him a racist would be unfair.

However, I don't give a fuck what mood you're in, how "hot" or "cold" blooded you are, what someone has done to you, there is simply no place for racist comments, anywhere and at any time. So if he's truly guilty, then I'd be happy to never see him play for NUFC right now tbh.

My mate tells racist jokes, but he's not a racist. I'm sure you've laughed at a few racist jokes in the past, doesn't matter what race it is.

If he pleads guilty I don't think I'll be wearing my current Toon top again (got Emre 5 on the back). IF, that is. He's been charged, but until/if he responds, we won't know for sure.

Gemmill will have it off you I'm sure. Or Wacky, midgets stick together, especially racist one's!

My mate tells racist jokes, but he's not a racist. I'm sure you've laughed at a few racist jokes in the past, doesn't matter what race it is.

Don't get what you're trying to say here. A joke is a joke, a racist insult is a racist insult. I doubt Emre was joking with the Everton players.

I might be overreacting, though I have said more than once that it's not definite yet - it's a case of "if" right now, but I just can't stand racism and I'd be ashamed to support any club that contained any form of racist element (outside from a few twattish fans).