Cooking

Gemmill

Another one of your childhood imaginary friends?

Little Parky's tea parties must've been a sight.

"Jose, would you kindly pass the quinoa? Stop scoffing all of the beluga caviar, Hyacinth; there's plenty to go round so wait your turn. Wait - what's the noise? They're watching us, aren't they? Gone."

Making pies today;

Mexico - Smoky Chilli and Cheese

Goa - Veg Curry

Philly - Steak and potato

Blue - Stilton and mushroom

Greg's - Potato, XXX Cheddar and Marmite.

Quite possibly the hottest day of the year outside too.

You have a pastry recipe for those pies you'd be kind enough to share with us? :blush:

Fuck making puff pastry Brock. I'm focussed on the contents. 1.5kg of Jus-Rol from the cash and carry is cheap enough and universally loved by punters (vegan too if it ever matters). If my local pie hobiness drags me to it then I might start making my own, at the minute it's just not worth it. Having said that today I started supplying a local theatre/bar so I guess we'll see how it goes.

bought a slow cooker and made Pulled Pork sandwiches... good god.

i shall throw up my recipe later including my burger bap one which is awesome.

And......................................... A good PP recipe would be much appreciated, had some great PP in various eateries on our holidays, but to be honest probably the best (amazingly) was some of this we picked up at Wallmart to "give it try", was truly stunningly delish http://jackdanielsme...cts/PulledPork/

Is that a doughnut in that there burger

Remember on Man vs Food and he had a burger but instead of the bun it had been replaced with a doughnut. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Made chicken & mushroom pie at the restaurant today.

Cook down celery, onion, chicken and mushrooms with a bit of salt, sugar & paprika. Use the juice to make a white sauce, add a bit of tarragon and then cover with a pastry top.

They're going to let me introduce a few of my veggie & vegan dishes over the next few weeks. Looking forward to it. :D