Cooking

Gemmill

I give everything 3 days, so would still be eating it on Friday. I reckon you'll be fine, but you might want to take advice from someone who actually knows their stuff. :razz:

Hmm, not sure I trust you ;) It just means I'd have to make it before Weds nightshift or once I got home Thurs morn. I'm inherently lazy when I get home and just like to mong around with a brew before bed.

It should be perfectly fine if it's covered in the fridge. They can be frozen though if you don't want to chance it (might weep a touch if you do that mind).

Okay, I'll be good and do it Weds lunchtime. That'll give it plenty time to set once I've "whisked the fuck out of it" :D

I'll be making this as well. Looked class:

Epic hot chocolate

Jamie: "This hot chocolate is off the scale. It's so simple to make and is much better than that shop-bought stuff you get, which is often full of rubbish and probably hasn't got much chocolate in it anyway. I don't want you to feel cheated, I want you to have the real thing... life's too short not to."

Serves 8 to 10

2 pints semi-skimmed milk

For the epic hot chocolate mix

2 tablespoons Horlicks

2 tablespoons cornflour

3 tablespoons icing sugar

4 tablespoons quality organic cocoa

100g quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), finely grated

a pinch of ground cinnamon

a pinch of sea salt

1. Pour the milk into a large pan, and bring almost to the boil over a medium heat.

2. Meanwhile, add all the chocolate mix ingredients to a large jar and give it a good shake to combine. You need around 10 heaped tablespoons of the chocolate mix for this amount of milk. Simply spoon the chocolate mix into the hot milk, give it a good whisk and leave to bubble away for a few minutes before serving. You're looking for that gorgeous, thick, almost claggy, knockout texture.

good post that

Going to my friends in Leeds for New Years Eve and I'm going to make a few different curries for people.

I'm looking forward to it as I really hate going out for new years, towns are just boxing rings for morons.

Going to behave this time too!

Going to stone 2 packets of dates then leave them to soak in brandy for the night.

Tomorrow I'll stuff them with marscapone and sprinkle over with chopped pistachios for Christmas canapes. :)

DO WANT. :( Can we swing by? I love Sam's mum to bits but bless her, she's not much cop in the kitchen. Watery turkey and overcooked potatoes ahoy!

Going to stone 2 packets of dates then leave them to soak in brandy for the night.

Tomorrow I'll stuff them with marscapone and sprinkle over with chopped pistachios for Christmas canapes. :)

DO WANT. :( Can we swing by? I love Sam's mum to bits but bless her, she's not much cop in the kitchen. Watery turkey and overcooked potatoes ahoy!

You'd be more than welcome. :D

We're having breakfast crepes with a french/american lass so the mrs has me faffing about buying booze and making these canapes to bring over. Then I'm cooking a vegetarian xmas dinner, probably allowing for a few walk ins no doubt.

Thanks for the card btw! I've been crap and sent all mine out on monday. :blush2:

You'd be more than welcome. :D

We're having breakfast crepes with a french/american lass so the mrs has me faffing about buying booze and making these canapes to bring over. Then I'm cooking a vegetarian xmas dinner, probably allowing for a few walk ins no doubt.

Thanks for the card btw! I've been crap and sent all mine out on monday. :blush2:

Yours got here today (ta!). And mine only went out on Monday too. Apparently the post is being surprisingly competent, given the time of year :)

Edited by Meenzer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1324472758.636240.jpg

I don't have permission to view that, and I'm nosey. :huff:

22572cf5.jpg

Key lime pie, made yesterday for our little nightshift party at work tonight. And this is the glam way in which we are eating said dessert right now...

48ce9899.jpg

Please tell me that's not a paper hockle catcher

:lol:

No, for gawds sake! :lol: The vomit bowls are downstairs in the sluice and I'm upstairs in the coffee room!

adb56d38.jpg

No expense spared in here man ;)