Cooking

Gemmill

As recently documented on here, my ma's cholesterol and weight are something of an issue (her having a cholesterol level of 8 meant that she has to do something about it). She laments the fact that she can't have good-tasting food anymore...challenge accepted. She's lost 2 kilos so far, so not doing badly.

Made a lower cal shepherds pie with turkey mince last neet and it tasted pretty decent.

Makes 4 portions...

Filling:

450g turkey mince

1 leek (diced)

2 carrots (small-cubed)

6 mushrooms (chopped nice and roughly)

450ml chicken stock

1 tsp 3 mustard mash

2/3tsp allspice

4 tbsp dry sherry/white wine (I used sherry)

1 tsp garlic powder

Topping:

4 potatoes

1 swede

2 spoons light philadelphia

1 tsp 3 mustard mash

Dash semi-skimmed milk

Brown the turkey mince with the leek and allspice for 5 mins in a large pan. Add in the carrot, mushrooms and other spices with the chicken stock and simmer. Also add your sherry. let that bubble away for 25 minutes.

Whilst it's doing, prepare the potatoes & swede for the mashing. Peel and boil. When the mince is done, i poured the excess juice in with the potatoes to finish boiling. Drain and mash with the philly.

Place the turkey mince filling into a dish and smooth over the mash, fluffing with a fork for furrows/whatever pattern you fancy. Sprinkle over some paprika to add a little colour. If the turkey mix looks a little dry, glug in a little more sherry.

Cook in the oven for 30 mins at 190 degrees/until the top is turning brown.

Serve up with some green beans and broccoli. LUSH.

CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE.

>

>

> Ingredients:

>

> * 2 cups flour

> * 1 stick butter

> * 1 cup of water

> * 1 tsp baking soda

> * 1 cup of sugar

> * 1 tsp salt

> * 1 cup of brown sugar

> * Lemon juice

> * 4 large eggs

>

> * Nuts

> * 2 bottles wine

> * 2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the wine to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the wine again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the wine is still OK. Try another cup... Just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit up off floor. Mix on the turner.. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the wine to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Check the wine. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or summat. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the wine and wipe counter with the cat.

Go to Tesco and buy cake.

Bingle Jells!

I love fish, no not The Fish, well, I do.

Anyways, had Salmon tonight with a sweet chili sauce and noodles. The gfriend loved it! She isnt a massive seafood fan which is good and I know I am safe with Salmon as its not a strong taste.

What other fish can I make for her thats similar?

I love fish, no not The Fish, well, I do.

Anyways, had Salmon tonight with a sweet chili sauce and noodles. The gfriend loved it! She isnt a massive seafood fan which is good and I know I am safe with Salmon as its not a strong taste.

What other fish can I make for her thats similar?

Yeh can do a grand fish curry with any white fish you fancy. Like your dish above, it wont be too overpowering.

Just fish stock, a tub of cream (creme fraiche if you want lower fat), a few peppers & onions and curry paste (shop-bought or make your own, either's fine). Just hoy the fish in at the end for 5 mins or so and it'll be cooked nicely.

I'm making banana and cinnamon muffins in the morning. Get your orders in now..

Catmag, you got a recipe for them? They sound lush!

I used this one and they were lovely, although I would put a touch more cinnamon in the next time. And I ignored the walnuts because I don't do nuts..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/bananamuffins_71268

I used this one and they were lovely, although I would put a touch more cinnamon in the next time. And I ignored the walnuts because I don't do nuts..

http://www.bbc.co.uk...namuffins_71268

Cheers Pet :thumbup:

Will give them a bash this weekend :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk...namuffins_71268

Cheers Pet :thumbup:

Will give them a bash this weekend :)

Good luck! :D They're dead easy.

Little tip - use large cupcake cases rather than little bun cases if you've got them because they rise quite a lot and spill over.

CHRISTMAS CAKE RECIPE.

>

>

> Ingredients:

>

> * 2 cups flour

> * 1 stick butter

> * 1 cup of water

> * 1 tsp baking soda

> * 1 cup of sugar

> * 1 tsp salt

> * 1 cup of brown sugar

> * Lemon juice

> * 4 large eggs

>

> * Nuts

> * 2 bottles wine

> * 2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the wine to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the wine again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the wine is still OK. Try another cup... Just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit up off floor. Mix on the turner.. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the wine to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something. Check the wine. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or summat. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the wine and wipe counter with the cat.

Go to Tesco and buy cake.

Bingle Jells!

:D

My cup runneth over, etc.

My cups have been spilling over for years tbh..

Just seen this.

Thank you, and goodnight. :bloodywank:

Only just noticed the little poo coming out of that smilie. Top detail!