Cooking

Gemmill

Went here today:

http://www.moorhousefarmshop.co.uk/

and here:

http://www.theblagdonfarmshop.co.uk/

And got some quality produce. Had amazing fillet steak for lunch, and have more to make tomorrow.

Finished the day off by going here and getting some quality man-food. British beef jerky made from Northumbrian cows. :blush:

http://www.britishbeefjerky.co.uk/

:D

had a belting bbq today with a selection of home made salads and my famous guacamole

BBQ and you're raving about the green stuff?

Even gayer than gays - [insert tedious cliched joke about homosexuals and their love of meat and/or sausages].

:D

Just spent a fortune at that farm shop in Blagdon. Absolute superb recommendation Gemmill. :lol:

Loved seeing the steak filleted in front of you as well. :lol:

I should be on a referral from that place. :lol: The steak is melt in the mouth tastic. Did you get a fat lad's pie an'all? :lol:

The Moorhouse Farm one is similar but not as nice imo. Unless you want to bottle feed newly born lambs, which you can do at Moorhouse.

I should be on a referral from that place. :razz: The steak is melt in the mouth tastic. Did you get a fat lad's pie an'all? :lol:

The Moorhouse Farm one is similar but not as nice imo. Unless you want to bottle feed newly born lambs, which you can do at Moorhouse.

:lol: I never got a fat lad's pie like.

The steak's about to go into the pan, I shall report back my findings.

I've had the steak from Blagdon several times. It is absolutely top notch. They also sell Northumbrian cheese, which I think is made just along the road- the Garlic Cheddar is gorgeous.

There's a butchers in Whitley Bay, Nicholson's on Park View, which also does superb meat. I'd definitely recommend it, and it's a bit closer to Shields than Blagdon.

Farmers Market every last Sunday of the month at Tynemouth Market (station) worth a mosey too .

Aye Nicholsons is fantastic. Proper oldskool gent runs it and always good for advice/background info . Think poor fella had a stroke a while ago but still battling on with top produce and customer service .

Picked a load of mint from the alotment of the cafe today. We made tzatziki; fresh mint, garlic, cucumber and yoghurt. Beautifully refreshing.

Also used it to sprinkle over halloumi salads and to serve up some moroccan green tea. Felt really good being outside in the sun and coming up with ideas as to what to plant next. :lol:

The processor whips things up pretty good, so the chance of you replicating it is slim. Have you got a pestle and mortar? If it's just a smallish paste you're making, you could do it with that.