FAO Leazes Mag...

Gemmill

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, whilst I am not saying that the boys at the back are the answer (far from it), one of the biggest problems both on Sunday and this evening was the midfield and forwards inability to keep a hold of possession of the ball or pass it 10 yards to a team mate. This invites so much pressure on to the defence and makes them look even worse than they already are..

Major surgery is needed on the back four though Ritchie. Buying a centre forward that can hold the ball up doesn't make the lads at the back better players. They might be under less pressure, but 19 and 20 year olds right across the back four doesn't work.

Major surgery is needed on the back four though Ritchie. Buying a centre forward that can hold the ball up doesn't make the lads at the back better players. They might be under less pressure, but 19 and 20 year olds right across the back four doesn't work.

I am not disputing that, I state in a post in one of the other threads a priority before the next couple of home matches we should be going all out to get in a centre half if even only on loan. However it has to be said that the other players on the park do not help them in the slightest and constantly invite pressure onto them. The Birmingham defenders constantly won the ball with ease against the likes of Milner time and time again just by sticking a leg out and just like Sunday constantly hit us on the break time and time again through sloppy play and our inability to keep possession.

Aye. That zig-zag that Dixon pointed out at half time was unbelievable and showed the sheer inexperience of our side.

I am not disputing that, I state in a post in one of the other threads a priority before the next couple of home matches we should be going all out to get in a centre half if even only on loan. However it has to be said that the other players on the park do not help them in the slightest and constantly invite pressure onto them. The Birmingham defenders constantly won the ball with ease against the likes of Milner time and time again just by sticking a leg out and just like Sunday constantly hit us on the break time and time again through sloppy play and our inability to keep possession.

Aye we couldn't keep hold of the ball from 1 to 11 tonight like, agreed. Or on Sunday for that matter. Which has to be a coaching issue.

As said before though with people like Huntington at left back we are a man down in keeping possesion when in attack anyway! With a quality full back we might see better ball retention!

Pattison in particular has been woefully out of his depth. Not just last night either by any means.

As said before though with people like Huntington at left back we are a man down in keeping possesion when in attack anyway! With a quality full back we might see better ball retention!

Pattison in particular has been woefully out of his depth. Not just last night either by any means.

He just seems to spend the whole game chasing shadows, really looks out of his depth..

He just seems to spend the whole game chasing shadows, really looks out of his depth..

Aye, just not good enough, so I don't like to have a go too much. Runs around a lot, doesn't offer much else. If he was at Birmingham would he get a game for them? Doubt he'd be anywhere near the bench. Actually felt sorry for the lad last night.

last night's result has been coming like.

we need practically a whole new back four. i'd be looking at two new full backs and a top draw experienced centre half. a new left back has to be the priority.

that said, we could also do with a new striker. can't be relying on le sib to lead the line next season.

To be fair, whilst I am not saying that the boys at the back are the answer (far from it), one of the biggest problems both on Sunday and this evening was the midfield and forwards inability to keep a hold of possession of the ball or pass it 10 yards to a team mate. This invites so much pressure on to the defence and makes them look even worse than they already are..

This I agree with totally. I personally feel that this has been a problem for a long time now. Why the hell is is that we cannot string three passes together without losing possesion. The opposition never need to get dirty, just hold back and as sure as night becomes day we'll give them the ball back. More than anything we need to learn the basic principals of get the ball give it to someone in a similar shirt as your own, maybe then that person gives to someone else in black and white, keep doing this while advancing down the grassy thing you play on, give it to Martins then he can maybe wellie it into the funny looking object with the net on it.

This I agree with totally. I personally feel that this has been a problem for a long time now. Why the hell is is that we cannot string three passes together without losing possesion. The opposition never need to get dirty, just hold back and as sure as night becomes day we'll give them the ball back. More than anything we need to learn the basic principals of get the ball give it to someone in a similar shirt as your own, maybe then that person gives to someone else in black and white, keep doing this while advancing down the grassy thing you play on, give it to Martins then he can maybe wellie it into the funny looking object with the net on it.

One of the big problems we've got is that noone seems to know how to find a bit of space and show for an easy ball. Which means the lad on the ball ends up twisting and looking about and gets closed down resulting in a rushed ball to noone. Or the receiver stands there and looks at the thing whilst the defender nips in front and takes it. Or the worst one, when the other players seem to just stand around the lad with the ball all within about three yards of him and expect a pass. What's the point?

Did the attack not holding the ball up lead to any single goal tonight? On Sunday, it did, but not tonight.

Pretty sure it lead to the first goal and the free kick that got taylor sent off.

Don't agree about the first goal at all. The goal came about because our defenders failed to clear the ball. The strikers lost it about 3 minutes before the ball went in.

Did the attack not holding the ball up lead to any single goal tonight? On Sunday, it did, but not tonight.

Pretty sure it lead to the first goal and the free kick that got taylor sent off.

Don't agree about the first goal at all. The goal came about because our defenders failed to clear the ball. The strikers lost it about 3 minutes before the ball went in.

Aye, Ramage to blame in particular.

I just couldn't believe he attempted to pass to Huntington who had absolutely nee idea it was coming when the attacker was stood about two yards from him.

I bet you still think we need to sign strikers? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :mellow:

I can just see Rio Ferdinand and John Terry now, fighting like fuck to hold onto the 0-0 draw, swamped by the opposition because the forwards and midfield players keep giving the ball away. Maybe they would improve the 4% possession we had in the Spurs last 3rd of the pitch or whatever it was last sunday.

I'm sure it would be money well spent at the moment.

I bet you still think we need to sign strikers? :baby:;):razz:

I can just see Rio Ferdinand and John Terry now, fighting like fuck to hold onto the 0-0 draw, swamped by the opposition because the forwards and midfield players keep giving the ball away. Maybe they would improve the 4% possession we had in the Spurs last 3rd of the pitch or whatever it was last sunday.

Is that a yes then? :(:razz::D

I bet you still think we need to sign strikers? :baby:;):razz:

I can just see Henry and Rooney now, twiddling their thumbs as the ball time and again rattles into the back of their net, devoid of possesion because their centre halves frantically fail to get to grips with the game at all. Maybe they would get a touch on the ball and improve on the 1-5 deficit we fell to against Birmingham, if their midfielders were able to spend more time supporting the attack instead of trying desperately to assist an ailing back four?

I'm sure it would be money well spent.

I just couldn't believe he attempted to pass to Huntington who had absolutely nee idea it was coming when the attacker was stood about two yards from him.

The reason they were screaming forward was because of Pattison.