Get behind the team tomorrow!

hindu times

I really hope everyone can put their anger to one side for the West Ham game. We need to win this match, and we need to get behind the team. And that doesn't mean getting behind them for ten minutes until someone makes a mistake and then getting on their backs.

We have to remember that the players confidence must be in shreds after the Brum game, and we can't afford to start moaning at them. Remember - we've still got a massively patched up team - with Hunty and Edgar and Pattison, and Carr coming back (Roeder says there's a possibility he'll have to play out of position - which I'd imagine means CB).

We need to create an atmosphere tomorrow that'll emulate the atmosphere of last seasons Portsmouth game (after Souness was fired). Everyone was shit scared of what may or may not happen, but we were all in it together. I remember that day being one of the best day's to be a nufc fan.

:baby:

Cheesy I know, but the sentiments right.

Edited by hindu times

"Can I be the first to say. Piss off what do you think we will do presumptive twat."

That's a bit harsh.

To be honest, I think there'll be a fair few people showing up tomorrow who are just waiting for some of our players to make a mistake, just so they can either be proved right (people who are slating Huntington, Pattison, Ramage etc.) or so they can have a good moan at Roeder / Shepherd if things don't go right.

You only have to go over to Tyne Talk and Talk of the Tyne to see that.

So in return... piss off you presumptive twat. :baby:

Edited by hindu times

"Can I be the first to say. Piss off what do you think we will do presumptive twat."

That's a bit harsh.

To be honest, I think there'll be a fair few people showing up tomorrow who are just waiting for some of our players to make a mistake, just so they can either be proved right (people who are slating Huntington, Pattison, Ramage etc.) or so they can have a good moan at Roeder / Shepherd if things don't go right.

Tbf there are a fair few like that at evert game. The crowd is shite these days and never offer any encouragement to the players. I realise that sometimes the crowd need the players to lift them but the reverse is true also. All the crowd do these days is moan and groan when anyone makes the slightest mistake.

That's a bit harsh.

Tbf there are a fair few like that at evert game. The crowd is shite these days and never offer any encouragement to the players. I realise that sometimes the crowd need the players to lift them but the reverse is true also. All the crowd do these days is moan and groan when anyone makes the slightest mistake.

That's true, the amount of times I think "Fuck, give the lad a break" when they've given the ball away once.

That's a bit harsh.

lot of people quick to complain over the smallest mistake, but not give encouragement for a good bit of play, we've got some very fickle or thick fans at SJP currently

That's a bit harsh.

So in return... piss off you presumptive twat. ;)

lot of people quick to complain over the smallest mistake, but not give encouragement for a good bit of play, we've got some very fickle or thick fans at SJP currently

Another pet hate of mine is how some players can do no wrong (not many at present like :baby: ). Like Shearer could have been having a stinker and no one says owt but if another player makes one error they're onto him like a shot. I realise it's only natural to have favourites and have more time for the better players but I wish people could be a bit more objective. It also pisses my off when people only view bits of a match in microcosm: "Get him off, he's knackered". Aye because he's just ran 90 yards to track back twice in the last 5 minutes.

Exactly, and all of us who do get behind the team need to make sure we're up for it tomorrow because there are far too many people willing to just sit and moan.

I reckon the problem with your first post is because you come across as telling us what we should be doing.

If we lose tomorrow, it will be the team's fault, not mine. Oh and Roeder, if he plays that tatty headed freak.

The fans should back the players, but as Pattison clearly is a member of the public who's somehow blagged his way onto the pitch, feel free to shout abuse at him.

agreed,Glenn has no choice defence wise,but to play Pattison ever again lacks brains tbh.He has alternatives,one of those being Luque.

The fans should back the players, but as Pattison clearly is a member of the public who's somehow blagged his way onto the pitch, feel free to shout abuse at him.

agreed,Glenn has no choice defence wise,but to play Pattison ever again lacks brains tbh.He has alternatives,one of those being Luque.

Or stick Pattison in his natural positiong and put Milner on the left...