STFU

Isegrim

He really does talk some shit, on Monday he claimed Nicky Butt had "a real shiner" after the slap from Chimbonda, yet by Wednesday it had completly healed.

Either a miracle, or he was talking out of his "Martins was our first choice" arse yet again.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcast...-name_page.html

"Michael Owen will attract all the attention when he returns, but Shola is a fans' favourite," added Roeder. "He has great technical ability.

:blink:

Even for a Sunday, that's ridiculous...

That is mental. So the fans prefer Shola in attack over Martins, Owen, Sibs and Dyer. OK then. Straight jacket for Roeder.

Yes. Making your players feel good about themselves is a ridiculous idea.

:blink::angry::angry::(:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

I have nothing against boosting a player's confidence. I don't like taking fans for fools though...

What Isegrim said. Also it proves how little if at all they listen too us. The other ones like we wanted Rosey Roeder and we want the FA cup more.

I don't think Roeder thinks these players are better than they are...I just think he's a very optimistic guy who deals with the situation as it is, rather than how he would like it to be. Bigging his players up is a very good idea, doing players down is a rubbish idea.

The guy is no fool and knows a lot more of what's going on than we do. There may not be funds available, or the right players at the right price. We can all play armchair expert, but I'd had enough of the big name panic buys and so had many others. Getting rid of the reputation that we pay big for little return is one of his biggest achievements.

Give the guy a chance FFS. We can all find fault but in the end it becomes addictive.

I don't expect many here to agree with me but pointing out problems is nothing like the same thing as coming up with workable solutions. We don't have bags of money and we don't have all our players fit. Roeder is doing as good a job as anyone could be expected to do, while steering the club in the right direction. We may never win anything under him (but we might :rolleyes:) but whoever takes over after him will have a much healthier club in terms of how a club SHOULD be run IMO.

/rantover]

:blink::blink::blink:

:blink:

To be fair, most of the stick Shola gets is on forums, at the ground, or certainly away from home with the Hokey Cokey chant, I'm sure the applause can easily be translated as "fans favourite" so I wouldn't read too much into Roeder's comments. Maybe he's trying to gee up Shola who must be a bit down not being able to play and also, since Roeder took over Shola has been one of our better players, he was much improved and has become a decent squad player in the process. I actually think him and Martins could prove an interesting partnership because defences up and down the country won't know what to make of them or be able to predict what's coming next.

I don't think Roeder thinks these players are better than they are...I just think he's a very optimistic guy who deals with the situation as it is, rather than how he would like it to be. Bigging his players up is a very good idea, doing players down is a rubbish idea.

Where do I suggest that anyone should 'do a player down'? But what I think is absolutely stupid is to talk shit in public. It's rather a case of "Si tacuisses...". Roeder can big his players up personally all the time and I think he should do it, but he shouldn't do it in the press where most people think that he must be drunk.

And I don't think that Roeder can get the impression that Ameobi is a fan's favourite from the reaction at the ground. In fact whenever I've been there I was surrounded by people who where having a go at Shola's perfomances and game.

I am more and more annoyed by Roeder's public appearance. He can seem very sensible, but he can also come up with this making Shola an English international, Carr in the form of his life, Martins his first choice etc. rubbish. Do he really thinks fans are idiots?