Toon v Villa

geordieshandy

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any news on Nicky Buttock's injury? Something to do with his knee but don't know if it was a knock or something worse.

I thought it was his ankle? Dunno, leg related, from what I could see, at least.

Dunno, kept flexing his knee when the physio was on which made me think it was something to do with his knee. Ah well, if it's serious we've normally heard something by now.

3-1 is not so much papering over the cracks, but putting a tarpaulin over the Grand Canyon.

The number of basic ball-control errors we made tonight was alarming. We need to get out on the training pitch and learn how to track runners as well, every time Villa got men over on the wing while 4 of our lot were stood in the centre. And what was up with Dyer? Sauntering around for most of the second half, if he's knacked- take him off!

As soon as Butt went off we lost our shape and Parker went into headless chicken mode.

The Villa disallowed goal - was it even a corner? I thought Bennett knew it wasn't a corner and blew up to save his own arse. Wasn't paying attention on the highlights there though.

Looked like it just came off the bar like, thought that might have been mentioned when they were analysing it.

The Villa disallowed goal - was it even a corner? I thought Bennett knew it wasn't a corner and blew up to save his own arse. Wasn't paying attention on the highlights there though.

It bounced off the top of the bar, definitely not a corner.

Looked like it just came off the bar like, thought that might have been mentioned when they were analysing it.

Aye, Taylor never touched it, I just wasn't sure if there had been a touch before it hit the bar. Knobheads on MOTD tbh. I'm sticking with my theory about the ref - it wasn't even Bennett was it?

Aye, Taylor never touched it, I just wasn't sure if there had been a touch before it hit the bar. Knobheads on MOTD tbh. I'm sticking with my theory about the ref - it wasn't even Bennett was it?

Howard Webb

Martin O'Neil is losing the plot. With each post-match interview he gives, he sounds more and more like a confused old man. He can barely string a sentence together without stuttering or trailing off.

The one the other day where he was talking and then just went "........what was I talking about?" and sauntered off. Not all there.

Martin O'Neil is losing the plot. With each post-match interview he gives, he sounds more and more like a confused old man. He can barely string a sentence together without stuttering or trailing off.

The one the other day where he was talking and then just went "........what was I talking about?" and sauntered off. Not all there.

They'll find him wandering the streets in his pyjamas one of these days.

Having seen the action, I can understand why Martins got man of the match. Seemed to do a lot of tracking back, and tackling and was involved in most things. Should probably have been Milner though.

Strange game that really!

We started playing some really good football, went 2-0 up and then as is often the case started hoofing aimless balls up the field, lost possession, invited the other team to attack, which they did. And eventually their pressure and impressive set pieces got it back to 2-1

After that we lost the plot completely until the last 5 mins of the half with the defence and midfield all over the shop!

Second half neither team was anything special, but we took our chance at the end.

Thought Millner had an impressive first half, scored a nice goal and crosssed for Dyer. Harper did his job well, which was hard considering the defending going on all around him! Martins for me possibly was MOTM as he was everywhere, working hard, looking for the ball, showed some nice touches etc.

The defending though!!! None of them could clear the ball more than 2 yards, or if they did it was sliced or hooked badly. Their positioning was off and we kept giving the ball away!

We desperately need Nobby back. He's way ahead of Carr at RB and he actually attempts some sort of organising at times at the back and helps the young lads with his experience. He also allows us to keep possession better and actually start moves from the back.

The watching "Gooch" has to play next match, we have about 12 games to see what he can do and we should have him in for all of them since nobody else has made a CB place their own yet!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

the dickhead's finally run out of excuses

What's worrying after last nights game is that the new lad will probably come in ahead of Taylor on Saturday despite Bramble being a fucking liability.

He causes panic in the rest of the players, he can't mark (one occassion Taylor was screaming at him to pick up Young and he just wandered away from him allowing Young to get clean through and shoot, fortunately straight at Harper) and lost virtually everything in the air against Carew (somewhat understandable) and Young (ridiculous given the size difference).

If he get's a new contract Roeder should be sacked on the spot!

Aye, it's clear that Bramble needs to make way at the weekend for Onyewu. We'll see what dickhead decides to do though. He does my fucking head in, Roeder.

Anyone else think he looked ill in his post-match interview btw? I thought he looked gaunt and like he'd lost a load of weight.

O'Neill had every right to be fuming over Carew's goal being disallowed like.

It was never a corner though. Came off the bar, not Taylor's head. I reckon the ref had already realised he'd fucked up giving the corner and was looking for an excuse to find an infringement in the box.

O'Neill had every right to be fuming over Carew's goal being disallowed like.

It was never a corner though. Came off the bar, not Taylor's head. I reckon the ref had already realised he'd fucked up giving the corner and was looking for an excuse to find an infringement in the box.

Great refereeing though, the infringement was Sibierski fouling Carew ;)