Official Match thread: Fulham Vs Newcastle United

Jimbo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I congratulate our caution shown in the transfer market.

If we were gauranteed to stay up at the end of the season,then i'd love to finish 4th bottom,just to pile on the pressure of the board etc , cause the season was well over months ago and it's just week in week out of agony from here till the end of it.

Not getting a left-back in was the worst possible thing to do. That, and letting Stephen "form of his life" Carr go anywhere near a fooball pitch.

Not picking Solano is fucking embarassing management, aside from his own performance he improves the shambles our back 4 has been recently.

It does your head in when you get a win and a chance to build some momentum and the manager makes totally moronic decisions in the following match, which leave you up shit creek.

Did he not watch the defnce against Villa from when they scored their goal, it was clear to anyone that Nobby was badly missed.

Roeder lost us the game by playing Carr and Bramble, not much more needs to be said.

So simple and yet beyond our manager frighteningly. Bramble returned against Villa and looked miles off, Carr isn't fit to lace Nobby's boots and Solano calms and improves the rest of the back 4 who were poor in our last game. Its a no brainer and utterly moronic.

Well suprise surprise... once again when Roeder's hand is not forced by injuries/suspensions etc and he has to make decisions himself, it all goes tits up.

Nice one. Onyewu seemed to do okay, just put in a decent shift... kind of refreshing in a way :blink:

I just want him and Taylor to be the central pairing in defense until the end of the season. Seems like the totally obvious way to go....

Managed to see the 2nd. half via Live-footy and wished I hadn't.

The commentary was in a foreign tongue but you didn't need to hear how bad Newcassel was cos you could see it with sore eyes!

The defence was like a sieve with enlarged holes and Carr was the biggest hole.

The ball must have been in their half of the field for about 10 minutes of the allotted 45.

The mid-field? not sure there was one out there judging by the amount of posession Fulham had.

And the attacks launched against the Londoners were as frequent and successful as an Italian tank brigade who had their vehicles fitted with back-up lights.

Newcastle's performence in the 2nd.half rated on a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being bad, I rated Newcastle as a 20+.

One of the worst displays I have ever seen.

Not getting a left-back in was the worst possible thing to do. That, and letting Stephen "form of his life" Carr go anywhere near a fooball pitch.

not denying we could do with a left back, but why do you think a left back would have prevented Fulham putting pressure on us and dictating the pace of the game ?