Premiership Top 3 Players of the Season

wykikitoon

Its a tough one I think this year. Mine are:

1. Christiano Ronaldo - 15 goals for a midfielder is a great feat. Works his socks off and is a genius at times with the ball. Let down by his acting ever now and then. Has just pipped my number 2 because he has taken the early season pressure from the world cup very well. A player we love to hate?

2. Paul Scholes - After a couple of seasons in the wilderness with injuries has come back to become one of the first names on Fergies team sheet, scoring some vital goals and running around like a nutter still!

3. Drogba - Great season on the goal scoring front, a vast improvement and looking like the player which we saw single handed rip us apart in the UEFA Cup a few seasons back for OLM. Still some crap play though.

Whats yours? :lol:

Ronaldo is absolute class like. I used to fucking despise him (long before the whole Rooney business) and I still don't like him at all, but there's no denying he's a brilliant footballer. So arrogant and unafraid of anyone's reputation or anything like that.

Ronaldo is absolute class like. I used to fucking despise him (long before the whole Rooney business) and I still don't like him at all, but there's no denying he's a brilliant footballer. So arrogant and unafraid of anyone's reputation or anything like that.

Aye, he still is a little wanker. Similar to Cuntona with the way he struts, maybe not as obvious as him but similar :lol:

Its a tough one I think this year. Mine are:

1. Christiano Ronaldo - 15 goals for a midfielder is a great feat. Works his socks off and is a genius at times with the ball. Let down by his acting ever now and then. Has just pipped my number 2 because he has taken the early season pressure from the world cup very well. A player we love to hate?

2. Paul Scholes - After a couple of seasons in the wilderness with injuries has come back to become one of the first names on Fergies team sheet, scoring some vital goals and running around like a nutter still!

3. Drogba - Great season on the goal scoring front, a vast improvement and looking like the player which we saw single handed rip us apart in the UEFA Cup a few seasons back for OLM. Still some crap play though.

Whats yours? :lol:

I can't disagree with any of your selections.

1 - vidic - the reason Manchester utd have such a good goal difference, for my money the best centreback in the premiership.

2 - Drogba - unplayable

3 - ronaldo - footballing genius let down by his awful diving.

Spot on. Would include Essien if it was top 4.

Vidic is awesome.

ronaldo has to win the play of the year awards. he's been different class. i especially like the way he's stood up to his critics and ignored the abuse from fans and tabloids.

it'll be interesting to see if the world's coaches get over their fixation with spain and italy and award him the world and european player of the year awards, which he also deserves.

In respect of what each of their performances (over the course of the season so far) have meant for their individual clubs, I would go for:

Drogba

Ronaldo

Doyle

If it wasn't for Doyle's early and mid season performances then Reading would probably be facing a relegation fight now.

I think Essien has been awesome this season (until he was switched to centre-half).

Essien has been better than Drogba from what I've seen of them in the Premiership this season, Drogba has been awsome in the CL though.

I just can't bring myself to praise Ronaldo, it's physically impossible.

He is an odious little shit but a fantastic player.

I can't understand how a bbc interviewer told him he didn't understand why fans boo him when he's so entertaining to watch. It's the same fucking reason as why people despise Robben, because they are cheeting little gets. If they played the game like Henry or Giggs or Scholes they would be applauded at every ground!

I don't know how anyone can rate any of the cheating scum like Ronaldo and Drogba. Their attitude completely negates any talent they might have in my eyes. At least scum like Diouff admit he is a twat and accepts that getting booed is what makes him up his game.

I'd go for Vidic and Sheringham. Possibly Speed but not seen him too much...

I don't know how anyone can rate any of the cheating scum like Ronaldo and Drogba. Their attitude completely negates any talent they might have in my eyes. At least scum like Diouff admit he is a twat and accepts that getting booed is what makes him up his game.

I'd go for Vidic and Sheringham. Possibly Speed but not seen him too much...

:lol::lol::P

Sheringham? :lol:

aye, why not? Any others still scoring at this level at his age?

I thought it might have been a wind-up. Sheringham gets in your top 3 Premiership players this season? He's scored about 2 goals and hardly started.

Sheringham? :lol:

aye, why not? Any others still scoring at this level at his age?

I thought it might have been a wind-up. Sheringham gets in your top 3 Premiership players this season? He's scored about 2 goals and hardly started.

2??? maybe I've just seen all the ones he's scored then. I don't think anyone has shined this year though really.