Music that you just don't get

Jimbo

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fail to understand the current mass hype of coldpaly,razorlight,athlete,snow patrol.dont get me started on keane.

opera has always been beyond any sort of understanding.

kyzer chiefs....woooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhh in every bastid song.

rant over

for now

i fail to understand the current mass hype of coldpaly,razorlight,athlete,snow patrol.dont get me started on keane.

opera has always been beyond any sort of understanding.

kyzer chiefs....woooooooooooaaaaaaaahhhhhhh in every bastid song.

rant over

for now

29409[/snapback]

Thank fuck I'm not the only one! It's even worse live :blink:

cannot abide "musical" tunes, Lloyd Webber shite.... he trots out the most trite obvious petty little tunes ever produced and yet thousands flock to the theatres to see the latest"original" work.

everything else has it's place, even thrash metal and happy hardcore... it's all degrees on a scale.

but Musical... that's just shit, it's like ti's written by an A-level music student who wants to be emotive...

I'm a bit of a musci snob, any band who gets more than a hundred fans at their gig has sold out :blink:

I'm a bit of a musci snob, any band who gets more than a hundred fans at their gig has sold out  :razz:

29430[/snapback]

Only if the venue has a capacity of 101. ;)

:blink:

Edited by Meenzer

Kaiser Chiefs, Athlete, Killers, Keane...Most other shite "Indie" bands.

Nickelback, for making money from songs that sound exactly the same as the last.

I don't like Pink Floyd.

You can stick Razorlight in for me, NME backed bollocks. The lead singer is a prick who relies on taking his shirt off at live shows as some kind of trademark when he's just totally devoid of charisma. The fella who does the writing proclaimed on Jo Whileys show that he wanted to become the best writer of his generation, he's got a long way to go.

I have an dislike for Kasabian aswell.

The Rolling Stones.  They do absolutely nowt for me.

29547[/snapback]

I love their old stuff (upto and including the early 70's) but they should have packed in a long, long, time ago.

I started to get a bit jaundiced about "old" bands when I heard the Who grinding out "hope I die ..." at an advanced age about 20 years after I heard them do it live...........................................

The Rolling Stones.  They do absolutely nowt for me.

29547[/snapback]

I know it's only rock and roll but I like it!

29554[/snapback]

:blink:

that have done a fair bit of shite over the years but even now to hear them play the opening riff to 'paint it black' would send a shiver down my spine.

ah yes - forty years ago when they were cutting edge, dangerous and even popular...............

I've always thought they've never really moved on...........

29566[/snapback]

yeah i agree but i couldnt say that the i dont get the rolling stones, just a shame they didnt all die in the early seventies.

There is loads of shite out there that I can't stand (anything in the charts, Celine Dion ect) but if we're talking about music you just don't get I would have to say Jeff Buckley and Joy Division.

They are completely idolised in indie music circles I and feel like I should adore them both but I just don't see it.

I don't hate them or anything and they both have the odd song that I really like but I cannot for the life of me understand the esteem some people hold them in.

To be honest i prefer musicians over computer programmers in the field of music, just as i want my PC games worked on by programmers and not Ritchie Blackmore and Slash :D

21990[/snapback]

The idea of Slash sat in the corner of my office hacking away at some php just made me smile :dancing:

To be honest i prefer musicians over computer programmers in the field of music, just as i want my PC games worked on by programmers and not Ritchie Blackmore and Slash :D

21990[/snapback]

What's the difference though? It's the sound rather than how it's produced that matters.