TOON'S REO BID

Jimbo

TOON'S REO BID

By Ray Ryan

NEWCASTLE will make a £5million move for Nigel Reo-Coker in the summer — and they are about to clinch a new deal with James Milner.

Toon boss Glenn Roeder has earmarked the Hammers skipper as a possible replacement for Turkish star Emre, whose future is in doubt over a race row.

And Roeder is ready to raid his former club to make a move for 22-year-old midfielder Reo-Coker.

Quit

Winger Milner has also given the Geordies a boost after pledging his future to the club despite nearly quitting five months ago.

Milner, 21, is on the verge of signing a new four-year contract which will keep him at St James' Park until 2011.

Milner almost quit for Aston Villa in the summer after a spell on loan.

But he said: "Since I have come back I have hit the ground running. I kept my house up here and that helps.

"This has been a fantastic season because I am enjoying my football.

"I would like to stay here a long time."

People rave about him, but I've seen nothing that stands him out from the crowd tbh...

If Emre seriously is on his way, I'd prefer we went for Barton...

People rave about him, but I've seen nothing that stands him out from the crowd tbh...

If Emre seriously is on his way, I'd prefer we went for Barton...

I've seen him play well, but I've also seen him play very poorly.... probably fit in well at NUFC then I guess. <_<

Guest Patrokles

I've always liked Reo-Coker but he's no replacement for Emre. I don't think Mendes is the standard required. But we'd need a creative type, really.

Guest Patrokles

reo-coker is better than emre - FACT

You're wrong, but even if he was, he's still not a direct replacement, which was my point. He'd be a Parker replacement.

over-rated. i'd prefer emre to stay, or for us to sign a more creative midfielder to play alongside parker or butt if emre does go.

reo-coker seems a bit light weight to me.

and emre's not??

i've always thought he was quite hard to knock off the ball - low cenre of gravity and all that. plus he always looks to win the ball back like a terrier whenever he's dispossesed... not the strongest tackler in the world though, granted.

the main problem with emre for me is that he never seems to be able to stay fit for more than a handful of games at a time and he doesn't suit playing alongside parker in the middle, not that i'm advocating selling emre and keeping parker...

over-rated. i'd prefer emre to stay, or for us to sign a more creative midfielder to play alongside parker or butt if emre does go.

reo-coker seems a bit light weight to me.

and emre's not??

i've always thought he was quite hard to knock off the ball - low cenre of gravity and all that. plus he always looks to win the ball back like a terrier whenever he's dispossesed... not the strongest tackler in the world though, granted.

the main problem with emre for me is that he never seems to be able to stay fit for more than a handful of games at a time and he doesn't suit playing alongside parker in the middle, not that i'm advocating selling emre and keeping parker...

my grannys stronger in the tackle,

I would rather have Sidwell on a bosman, even if we do have to pay a healthy signing on fee he is going to cost less than half what the others mentioned would!

you reckon that lad will do it next season, when promotion-tastic men are sorted from the boys

I would rather have Sidwell on a bosman, even if we do have to pay a healthy signing on fee he is going to cost less than half what the others mentioned would!

you reckon that lad will do it next season, when promotion-tastic men are sorted from the boys

Yeah he has looked quality any time I have seen him (even though some of that was in the championship). Has Reo-Coker done it in his second season? I would say not really tbh