Bids for Jenas, dare we let him go ?

Jimbo

Strong story's in tomorrows press regarding the sale of Jermaine Jenas to Spurs, with the injuries to Emre and Dyer, dare we sell Jenas ? or do we cash in on a player that is clearly hugely over rated and seems as if his heart is not in the club ?

It is the way he makes the overall feeling of the club and fans worse.

Compare this to the season we came 3rd. The team was playing some superb football and playing well as team as well as enjoying themslves. Along comes Souness and wrecks the fun and decides to throw arguments with players, before promising them they won't play for the club again. The guy just can't handle players at all. His man-to-man management is a joke. He could fall out with the whole team for all he cares with no reason to make up because he feels it's what the players deserve. He then decides to leave crucial players out of the team, letting down the team and fans, not thinking the performance of the club and satisfaction of the fans should come first, ahead of punishments that a manager shouldn't even do. He could just decide to put the "good lads" (players who respect him, don't whine, wouldn't approach him and make a big effort) ahead of the "bad boys" in the pecking ranks. Instead he could try to prevent conflict and treat his players with respect evenly, and attempt to gain respect back.

Look back to that season, and Jenas was a bright spark, a hot prospect for the future. He was handled well by Robson and was contributing to the team brilliantly. If he moves to Spurs under Martin Jol, an excellent manager who admires him, he could be a buy of the season and regular there.

That man Souness is a joke. And I didn't say it was all his fault the club's failed, because it isn't but I mean what I've said.

Compare this to the season we came 3rd. The team was playing some superb football and playing well as team as well as enjoying themslves. Along comes Souness and wrecks the fun and decides to throw arguments with players, before promising them they won't play for the club again. The guy just can't handle players at all. His man-to-man management is a joke. He could fall out with the whole team for all he cares with no reason to make up because he feels it's what the players deserve. He then decides to leave crucial players out of the team, letting down the team and fans, not thinking the performance of the club and satisfaction of the fans should come first, ahead of punishments that a manager shouldn't even do. He could just decide to put the "good lads" (players who respect him, don't whine, wouldn't approach him and make a big effort) ahead of the "bad boys" in the pecking ranks. Instead he could try to prevent conflict and treat his players with respect evenly, and attempt to gain respect back.

Look back to that season, and Jenas was a bright spark, a hot prospect for the future. He was handled well by Robson and was contributing to the team brilliantly. If he moves to Spurs under Martin Jol, an excellent manager who admires him, he could be a buy of the season and regular there.

That man Souness is a joke. And I didn't say it was all his fault the club's failed, because it isn't but I mean what I've said.

22171[/snapback]

And who was manager in the 2 season after that - Thats right, Sir Bob.

The man who couldnt control his players and vertually gave them free reign of the dressing room.

22171[/snapback]

The man who couldnt control his players and vertually gave them free reign of the dressing room.

22177[/snapback]

One season, where we came 5th. And it wasn't until the beginning of last season where we had that outburst from Dyer. Robson was basically too old and soft to handle that then. He was more of a father-figure than anything to the players, even if they were rough, thuggish, loudmouthed louts. And Dyer later apologised saying he felt guilty about the whole thing. So far we haven't had any direct apologies to Souness, and that whole telling Bellamy he won't play again saga is an example why.

22171[/snapback]

22177[/snapback]

One season, where we came 5th. And it wasn't until the beginning of last season where we had that outburst from Dyer. Robson was basically too old and soft to handle that then. He was more of a father-figure than anything to the players, even if they were rough, thuggish, loudmouthed louts. And Dyer later apologised saying he felt guilty about the whole thing. So far we haven't had any direct apologies to Souness, and that whole telling Bellamy he won't play again saga is an example why.

22183[/snapback]

I agree, inspiration.

Somehow I am convinced Jenas is a truly great player waiting to happen, but its not going to happen under Souness, that's for sure. :D

22171[/snapback]

22177[/snapback]

22183[/snapback]

I agree, inspiration.

Somehow I am convinced Jenas is a truly great player waiting to happen, but its not going to happen under Souness, that's for sure. :D

22187[/snapback]

He hides it well.

As far as I'm concerned, the minute we let Viana go to Valencia selling Jenas became out of the question. We can't afford to lose any more players. Do we want Lee Clark to become a regular performer for us this season? A player released by Fulham because he wasn't needed anymore?

As far as I'm concerned, the minute we let Viana go to Valencia selling Jenas became out of the question. We can't afford to lose any more players. Do we want Lee Clark to become a regular performer for us this season? A player released by Fulham because he wasn't needed anymore?

22205[/snapback]

to be honest I think it would be better for the team's performances to have Lee Clark out there at the moment rather than Jenas.

How long is he going to sit on his so called potential? Him not being called to the England squad might have shaken him up a bit but good old Sven picked him anyway.

Even if he never reaches his potential, or never improves, he's still a better player right now than Lee Clark. If we sell Jenas, he won't be replaced until January at the earliest and we'll be weaker, another player gone with no replacement. I don't want us to be weaker, therefore I want Jenas to stay. I doubt Jenas leaving will make our other players play better, that's a pretty far-fetched idea really, and with Faye and Clark ready to take his place, I'd much rather we kept him. Sell Jenas in January if we have to.

Jenas has attracted the attention of big clubs and top managers, Clark has been released by Fulham, a team who battled against relegation last season, because he wasn't good enough for them anymore. If we hadn't taken Clark for largely sentimental reasons, I seriously doubt any other Premiership club would have picked him up.

It's easier to argue a case for Clark once he's here, but if anyone had suggested at the start of the summer that Lee Clark would have played in 2 of our first 4 league games, we'd have pissed ourselves laughing. His signing is exactly the sort of thing I worried about when Souness got the job, and I tried to comfort myself with the thought that he would be brought largely as a reserve team coach who would be emergency midfield cover if needed. To see him play in 2 of our 4 games is utterly depressing and symbolic of what has happened to this club.

Edited by ohmelads

some naiive garbage been spouted in this thred.

"Look back to that season, and Jenas was a bright spark, a hot prospect for the future"

round about the time that jenas and dyer believed all the hype said in the press. This lad is not a nature talent. COmpare him to rooney, his talent hasnt been cultured by clever managers it was there already. Jenas is very mediocre in comparison. There is no reason for us to suffer his weak play any longer. He is a wimp. With no brains to boot.

We need to shift this gimp out of the team, as its mediocre rubbish like him that making us a mid table team.

However we do need another midfield creative player, as we dont have cover for emre. Bowyer isnt good enough.....his passing is poor, tho he does have the fire and pasion, for him to stay here.

I think jenas doesnt want to play for the toon anymore, and thats partly due to the fans too, hes taking his pay and producing a half hearted performance.

YOu want to accept this???

Comon get a clue plz

Strong story's in tomorrows press regarding the sale of Jermaine Jenas to Spurs, with the injuries to Emre and Dyer, dare we sell Jenas ? or do we cash in on a player that is clearly hugely over rated and seems as if his heart is not in the club ?

22154[/snapback]

I think we will have to, financially, after today.

And football wise, take the money while we can and take the risk.

EDIT:

I agree with sima, he must be to finance this deal. While thinking that Jenas may well find more with someone else than he's shown us, I don't think he was ever going to find it here anymore anyway, so it's a good deal to get rid and finance this one particularly, who can think it isn't ??????????

Edited by LeazesMag

I'd do a straight swap for Carrick. Jenas clearly doesn't want to be here and a player who has this in their head is about as much use to the club as three men missing

22719[/snapback]

Always thought we should have got Carrick ... we have Parker and Emre now though. Would still like him at Newcastle but I think if Jenas has financed Owens move then we will have to get of Viana and someone else to find the money for Carrick now.

Or do a swap like you say and get rid of Viana and someone else quickly. All wheeling and dealing isn't it ?

With Dyer and Emre both injury prone, we would be very foolish to sell JJ.

The fact is we are very thin in terms of squad numbers as it is after selling so many this summer.

The cash is tempting but unless we have further acquisitions in mind, I think we would be very foolish to sell JJ.

The fact is we are very thin in terms of squad numbers as it is after selling so many this summer.

The cash is tempting but unless we have further acquisitions in mind, I think we would be very foolish to sell JJ.

22781[/snapback]

Fact is, after 46m quid or so in 12 months, we must be selling someone to help pay for Owen, and luque in the last week too. This is monopoly money mate.

22781[/snapback]

Agreed, my instinct is to stick with the kid. I've still got faith in him as has Sven :stars:

We've got Dyer, Parker, Emre, Bowyer, Faye, JJ, poss Luque...oh & Clarkie bless him. Bearing in mind that if push comes to shove both Dyer & Luque are poss cover for strikers too then who does anyone fancy in the middle. We need 6 quality players to cover 3/4 places. If its 3 then the spare mid is playing up front so 4 are always going to be involved.

The people who slag JJ off should remember that if he goes then when the likes of Dyer, Emre, Parker are out their calling for Faye, Clark or dare I say it Butt's early return from Brum to fill the void. Given that the same people slag off Faye & Butt then I'm a bit bemused.