Emre

ewerk

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what will Glenda do after his promise to leave if any of his team are found to be racist.

Same as he mostly does, not sticking to his word. He'll probably say that the verdict was injust and that's it.

Supposing it's true (which seems likely unfortunately) it wouldn't have been so bad if he'd owned up at the time. It would have been bang out of order to have said something like that but you could sort of understand it, if not condone it in anyway, as a 'heat of the moment' comment. The denials and excuses have made it worse.

It is probably fairly likely that he doesn't see it as such.

Turkey is NOT the UK, there's very few (if any) places more PC-er than thou/PC Fascist than the UK and in most of the world (in terms of landmass and population if not riches) saying what he said would be seen as insulting name calling (like calling someone a ginger bastard or whatever), but not seen as a criminal offence (as it is here).

Although ironically it IS a criminal offence in Turkey to "insult a Turk".

It’ll be interesting to see if his “I’m a muslim” (usually the ultimate PC defence and “I win” button) scares the FA away or whether they do go though with things though, because clearly if he did say that they have to throw the book at him AND there’s a criminal case to answer as well.

I'm expecting him to be found guilty but get a fairly lenient punishment due to his defence of a misunderstanding due to cultures etc etc.

He will then be sold in the summer.

Edited by snakehips

Supposing it's true (which seems likely unfortunately) it wouldn't have been so bad if he'd owned up at the time. It would have been bang out of order to have said something like that but you could sort of understand it, if not condone it in anyway, as a 'heat of the moment' comment. The denials and excuses have made it worse.

Turkey is NOT the UK, there's very few (if any) places more PC-er than thou/PC Fascist than the UK and in most of the world (in terms of landmass and population if not riches) saying what he said would be seen as insulting name calling (like calling someone a ginger bastard or whatever), but not seen as a criminal offence (as it is here).

It’ll be interesting to see if his “I’m a muslim” (usually the ultimate PC defence and “I win” button) scares the FA away or whether they do go though with things though, because clearly if he did say that they have to throw the book at him AND there’s a criminal case to answer as well.

It wouldn't really make sense for him to say what he said under the circumstances (assuming it's true) if he didn't realise it was a racial slur, imo anyway.

He will then be sold in the summer.

I expect that to be the case too, meaning yet another transfer window purchasing midfielders... :lol:

Well, we ideally need someone who isn't out injured half of the games anyway and from the rest of them playing just a handful of good ones.

The thing with Emre is that we hopefully could still get a couple of millions for him to finance a replacement where we are struggling to get anything for the likes of Babayaro, Carr, Moore, Bramble who also need to get replaced.

Again the FA have made this public without having the facts on paper.

Its a disgrace on their behalf that they are tainting a players reputation before its proven that the player is guilty

On the other hand, again if its true, then theres no place for Emre at our club

Again the FA have made this public without having the facts on paper.

Its a disgrace on their behalf that they are tainting a players reputation before its proven that the player is guilty

On the other hand, again if its true, then theres no place for Emre at our club

I also find it rather strange how long it does take the FA to collect evidence (and it's nothing more than asking for a couple of words) and set a date for a hearing. It's ridiculous how long this trial is pending and by this unsettling the player and his club. Very amateurish tbh.

Think we've seen the last of him to be honest. I'm not defending hm in any way (I think he's probably nothing more than a hot head gob shite) but it's interesting that Diouf dropped his allegations. I wouldn't trust that fucker as far as I could throw him.

Think we've seen the last of him to be honest. I'm not defending hm in any way (I think he's probably nothing more than a hot head gob shite) but it's interesting that Diouf dropped his allegations. I wouldn't trust that fucker as far as I could throw him.

didnt yobo aswel??

its just lescott, howard and that watford lad

Emre - Official NUFC Statement

FOLLOWING various reports that have recently appeared in the media concerning Emre, Newcastle United has released the following statement:

IN recent weeks Newcastle United has become increasingly concerned about articles appearing in various national newspapers concerning Emre.

Those articles have made various inaccurate and unfair comments on the case, and have ignored the basic principle that any person is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. The conduct of certain sections of the press in ignoring that basic principle of fairness is deeply regrettable.

It is the club's opinion that the content in these articles is highly prejudicial and seriously reduces the chances of the player receiving a fair hearing when he finally makes a personal response to the charge brought against him by the Football Association.

Both the club and player have genuine worries that a trial through the media is effectively being conducted long before the actual hearing will take place.

We are making stringent inquiries into how such stories have come to appear in print and the club would be highly concerned if information is being leaked by any individual or association involved with this ongoing matter.

The club also wishes to reiterate that it has not been made aware of any further charges being brought or about to be brought against Emre by the Football Association.

Newcastle United is proud to be a club with a long-standing tradition of working closely with anti-racism organisations on both a local and national basis and will continue to be a strong champion of such an important cause.

A week and a half too late, but the sentiment is right.

It wouldn't really make sense for him to say what he said under the circumstances (assuming it's true) if he didn't realise it was a racial slur, imo anyway.

Well he's hot tempered and what I mean is he might realise intellectually it "isn't ok" here, but in a natural sense it might be completely acceptable to him, and in the heat of the moment.

And I suppose he may even feel aggrieved at being held to account for something he feels isn’t wrong.

Emre - Official NUFC Statement

FOLLOWING various reports that have recently appeared in the media concerning Emre, Newcastle United has released the following statement:

IN recent weeks Newcastle United has become increasingly concerned about articles appearing in various national newspapers concerning Emre.

Those articles have made various inaccurate and unfair comments on the case, and have ignored the basic principle that any person is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty. The conduct of certain sections of the press in ignoring that basic principle of fairness is deeply regrettable.

It is the club's opinion that the content in these articles is highly prejudicial and seriously reduces the chances of the player receiving a fair hearing when he finally makes a personal response to the charge brought against him by the Football Association.

Both the club and player have genuine worries that a trial through the media is effectively being conducted long before the actual hearing will take place.

We are making stringent inquiries into how such stories have come to appear in print and the club would be highly concerned if information is being leaked by any individual or association involved with this ongoing matter.

The club also wishes to reiterate that it has not been made aware of any further charges being brought or about to be brought against Emre by the Football Association.

Newcastle United is proud to be a club with a long-standing tradition of working closely with anti-racism organisations on both a local and national basis and will continue to be a strong champion of such an important cause.

A week and a half too late, but the sentiment is right.

Well, if it took them a week this time to really make a good statement and without the chairman threatening to knock seven bells out of FA employees, it is fine with me. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

It makes no sense that, given the serious nature of racism, especially for Black people, two allegedly abused players have no interest whatsoever in reporting this abuse, and the ones pressing for action were a pair who don't even know what they heard exactly.

It makes no sense that, given the serious nature of racism, especially for Black people, two allegedly abused players have no interest whatsoever in reporting this abuse, and the ones pressing for action were a pair who don't even know what they heard exactly.

The first bit makes sense, they simply may not want to make an issue of it. Regarding the second bit - If I was the club I'd use that to our full advantage. I'd simply ask "What did he say then?" as you can't make an allegation that he either said this or that (and make it stand up on any sort of legal basis - I would imagine anyway). The morality of the club doing that might be a bit questionable but (in the grand scheme of things) so what?