Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's with all these Club band names?

Is this the 'in thing' for the NME crowd at the moment?

I want to set the trend of "waltz" instead of "club" It sounds so much better. Nobody steal that because I'm thinking of a word to go before it, when I do, I'm laughing.

NME pic was actually the proper line-up. Leeds Sunday looks alright (middle column), the rest is canny shit IMO.

How the hell are the Pigeon Detectives on the main stage though?

NME pic was actually the proper line-up. Leeds Sunday looks alright (middle column), the rest is canny shit IMO.

That's about midday they're on. Always get dogshit on a main stage at that time.

The whole line up is poor iyam though. I might go to hurricane in Germany.

That's about midday they're on. Always get dogshit on a main stage at that time.

Foo Fighters · Blink-182 · Arcade Fire · The Chemical Brothers · Portishead · Arctic Monkeys · Kaiser Chiefs · My Chemical Romance · Clueso · The Hives · Suede · Kasabian · The Subways · Gogol Bordello · Flogging Molly · Elbow · The Wombats · Jimmy Eat World · Sublime With Rome · Two Door Cinema ClBoysetsfire · Monster Magnet · The Kills · Lykke Li · Selig · Kashmir · GlasveBand Of Horses · The Sounds · Bright Eyes · Sum 41 · All Time Low · KlaxonsEels · Sick Of It All · Parkway Drive · William Fitzsimmons · Blood Red ShoesJupiter Jones · I Blame Coco · Irie Révoltés · Young Rebel Set · I Am Kloot · Friendly Fires · Darwin Deez · Comeback Kid · Converge · The Asteroids Galaxy Tour · Portugal. The Man · Warpaint · The Vaccines · An Horse · Pulled Apart By Horses · Kvelertak · You Me At Six · Brother · Tame Impala · Cloud Control · Miles Kane · Yoav · Crookers · Trentemøller .digital. Hercules and love affair

Foo Fighters · Blink-182 · Arcade Fire · The Chemical Brothers · Portishead · Arctic Monkeys · Kaiser Chiefs · My Chemical Romance · Clueso · The Hives · Suede · Kasabian · The Subways · Gogol Bordello · Flogging Molly · Elbow · The Wombats · Jimmy Eat World · Sublime With Rome · Two Door Cinema ClBoysetsfire · Monster Magnet · The Kills · Lykke Li · Selig · Kashmir · GlasveBand Of Horses · The Sounds · Bright Eyes · Sum 41 · All Time Low · KlaxonsEels · Sick Of It All · Parkway Drive · William Fitzsimmons · Blood Red ShoesJupiter Jones · I Blame Coco · Irie Révoltés · Young Rebel Set · I Am Kloot · Friendly Fires · Darwin Deez · Comeback Kid · Converge · The Asteroids Galaxy Tour · Portugal. The Man · Warpaint · The Vaccines · An Horse · Pulled Apart By Horses · Kvelertak · You Me At Six · Brother · Tame Impala · Cloud Control · Miles Kane · Yoav · Crookers · Trentemøller .digital. Hercules and love affair

http://2011.sonar.es/en/programa.php

http://www.primaverasound.com/ps/?page=cartel〈=en

Going to Reading, apparently. Most of the bands I like are playing on the Friday so I'll probably spend most of the day on my own cos I don't think anyone else will fancy them. :cuppa:

Sublime With Rome

Sigh.

?

I'm just not all that comfortable with them living off the Sublime name, even after they were forced to call themselves Sublime with Rome as opposed to just Sublime. Which is harsh of me because Sublime with Rome is basically the original Sublime with a replacement singer/guitarist (i.e. Rome), and they're not really doing anything wrong.

Sublime With Rome

Sigh.

?

I'm just not all that comfortable with them living off the Sublime name, even after they were forced to call themselves Sublime with Rome as opposed to just Sublime. Which is harsh of me because Sublime with Rome is basically the original Sublime with a replacement singer/guitarist (i.e. Rome), and they're not really doing anything wrong.

Aye, though you were just having a dig at the name or something :cuppa:

I suppose the two of them realized that by themselves they don't have much of a legacy and wouldn't get too far, as Bradley pretty much was Sublime and they were very much in the background. Bradleys family got in huff as he said he didn't want the band to continue if he died which is fair enough.

That said the new singer was great on their UK tour last year, and it was nice to finally to hear their stuff live, although I guess it's not quite the same. Looking forward to seeing what their new album sounds like too, as the one song they've released from it is so far pretty good.

Edited by JonGoodwyn

I've always had sympathy for them because Sublime's demise was sudden and wasn't their fault at all. They were also about to become really, really big, but only posthumously.

I love LBDAS and I appreciate the other things they do, but Sublime was cut short in 1996 and they've never really recovered. They're good musicians but Brad was by the far most integral element of the band so they couldn't really carry on.

I know Bud had serious problems with drugs too etc so I imagine finances have a big part to play in why they started Sublime with Rome, but I'm sure they're decent dudes and they're doing this for the music first and foremost.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really a festival, but you can now apply for Radio 1's Big Weekend. It's a stupid system, but I've applied for both days anyway. To be honest I just want to see Lady Gaga. And Swedish House Mafia.

Edited by StevenL

Not really a festival, but you can now apply for Radio 1's Big Weekend. It's a stupid system, but I've applied for both days anyway. To be honest I just want to see Lady Gaga. And Swedish House Mafia.

:lol:;)

I've applied too for the sunday

• 2 weeks later...