Summer Festivals

Scottish Mag

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs. Fist got her book as a gift ( aye, the friend has been fucking told!), and I said " Oh, I bet she's fell withing the first three pages".

I picked up the book, turned it over and saw the back cover ..

51K2P0gqKFL._SX_.jpg

Hilarious isn't it?

:lol: The most glowing endorsement of the book coming from Closer magazine. Tells you all you need to know really.

Mrs. Fist got her book as a gift ( aye, the friend has been fucking told!), and I said " Oh, I bet she's fell withing the first three pages".

I picked up the book, turned it over and saw the back cover ..

51K2P0gqKFL._SX_.jpg

Hilarious isn't it?

It's a woman thing. Wife thinks people falling down is absolutely hilarious and therefore thinks Miranda is funny. Like LTB's description of a BBC London-centric by the way.

I've watched loads of it on the telly and think it looks mint personally. I don't get the cynicism, it's just people enjoying themselves.

Bet you would never slum it there though.

I've watched loads of it on the telly and think it looks mint personally. I don't get the cynicism, it's just people enjoying themselves.

The PE picture was taken by a Newcastle fan who is related to what may be loosely described as "several notorius Tyneside gangster families" :lol:

Having said that,I was there 3 years ago and its a lot different to 15-20 years ago. But there again, back then it was a lot different to 15-20 years before that....

aye that's why i didn't link a clip from Glasto, no Griff, Terminator X or Flav, just chuck.d and a load of session musicians.

Chuck must have a big tax demand from the IRS ;)

Its sounds a bit like the Drifters or the 4 Tops, still touring and doing the same songs but with little or no resemblance to the original line up...

Mumford and sons to close out a festival... how much of a non event is that :lol:

I don't quite understand why it has become fashionable to hate M&S. Is it because their posh? Or just because they're popular?

I haven't been to a festival for about ten years and there's absolutely nothing about the experience that I miss. Even looking at the crowds at the pyramid stage they just look bored most of the time. Then again I'd be bored too if I spent that many hours standing in one spot among a sea of unwashed cunts.

Can make your quip but i'm guessing that's a "i've been to near fuck all bar the one day arrive in the afternoon leave that night effort"

Like i said this is probably the first year in 11 or so that i've not got plans to go to any.

:lol: What are you on about? I didn't challenge you to a festival-off.

You have a wonderful attendance record though, if you're looking for compliments (you fucking oddball).

I don't quite understand why it has become fashionable to hate M&S. Is it because their posh? Or just because they're popular?

Or people just don't like the music?

I'd have thought it was fashionable to like them, not the other way around.

They're not a bad band per se, just really not my cup of tea and I hate the singer's voice and lyrics.

I've always got the impression Glastonbury was more about the "experience" rather than the music which is why it never appealed to me - plus I'm too old and soft to camp.

Used to go to Reading every year but haven't been for about 5 years - still usually go to V even if it is a bit too nice.

Glasto used to be about "the experience" but now its more to do with £8 for a fuckin chicken burger...that was 3 years ago now mind, probably more these days....best thing I ever saw there was a couple fucking half way up a tree, followed 5 minutes later by men dressed all in red with those sticks like them the council collect litter with going round pretending to fertilize wild flowers...then we went and scored some gear from one of the many Bristol sound systems that used to let in and sat there for the rest of the day, off our fuckin nuts listening to dub reggae. None of that sort of thing happens now, but theres also no robberies or atmosphere of barely surpressed violence hanging over the whole thing either. They dont let travellers in either, not since they turned all the stalls in the market over on the Sunday night in 93, fuckin hyporcritical bastards, but they did go round a lot of tents the day before collecting dirty underwear from people, then went down the front of the Pyramid Stage and threw it all at Tom Jones :lol:

Jaunty tune - verse - jaunty tune - verse - jaunty tune - mid-song lull with earnest words that build to a crescendo that is followed by a whoop, then back to jaunty tune - verse - jaunty tune - big finish. And you have yourself every Mumford and Sons song.

Liz Kershaw was reading out listeners' Glasty stories on 6music yesterday .

One told of a crowd gathering to cheer a chap climbing a big tree .

Much to their surprise when he reached the top of this lofty specimen he dropped his keks and crimped one off onto the food van below

"a sound I'll never forget" they added :lol:

Jaunty tune - verse - jaunty tune - verse - jaunty tune - mid-song lull with earnest words that build to a crescendo that is followed by a whoop, then back to jaunty tune - verse - jaunty tune - big finish. And you have yourself every Mumford and Sons song.

Not quite true but I can see why you'd say it as it has been the formula for their most successful releases.

I'm currently watching their set and despite thinking that their music is quite decent I'm beginning to think they are indeed cunts. The keyboard player goes on like Jamie Cullum's more excitable younger brother and the fella at the end playing the double bass constantly thinks he's doing a Slash solo.