Lernch

Gemmill

It's like half time in the daily drudgery that is work life. I usually manage to stretch it out for about an hour and a half though, which is nice.

What's everyone having? I normally just get a sarnie, but I'm thinking of going for something hot today. :D

And Renton, before you start, let me just remind you: "which side do you fill your petrol on?" Jesus wept! :panic:

It's like half time in the daily drudgery that is work life. I usually manage to stretch it out for about an hour and a half though, which is nice.

What's everyone having? I normally just get a sarnie, but I'm thinking of going for something hot today. :D

And Renton, before you start, let me just remind you: "which side do you fill your petrol on?" Jesus wept! :panic:

Is this your interesting thread :icon_lol:

:(

Today for me a tin of soup with some seeded batch :P

And Renton, before you start, let me just remind you: "which side do you fill your petrol on?" Jesus wept! :(

:panic:

Brilliant pre-empt, was just sharpening my keyboard when I saw a thread called "lernch".

Can't be arsed to go out, might just have a cup-a-soup.

I'm currently trying to calculate analysis ratios for Morrison's last three annual reports and if it's anywhere near as tedious as the accountancy work you do I have a new found understanding of why you shirk so much.

Oh and no lunch for me, no fucking time for it today. :(

Always a dillemma when i've worked 8/9-5 jobs. Do you have your lunch at 12 ish and have a shorter morning/longer afternoon, or at 2 ish and have the opposite?

I always preferred a 2.00 lunch personally, the two hours afterwards flew by.

Gorgonzola and cherry tomatoes on farmhouse malted bread, with three cream crackers. And a banana.

For dinner yesterday I had parma ham, organic tomatoes, and mozzarella on wholemeal baps (fnar!) done under the grill. Nice. :D

Always a dillemma when i've worked 8/9-5 jobs. Do you have your lunch at 12 ish and have a shorter morning/longer afternoon, or at 2 ish and have the opposite?

I break for lunch at 12, go down to the canteen for about quarter past, eat and piss about on the internet til half 1.

Then I basically do the same for the rest of the afternoon, only without the eating part.

I'm more of a late lunch person, when at work and not being a skyving student that is, obviously... Nothing more depressing than finishing lunch with four hours of the day left.

I break for lunch at 12, go down to the canteen for about quarter past, eat and piss about on the internet til half 1.

Then I basically do the same for the rest of the afternoon, only without the eating part.

That was directed more towards the people who actually do some work. :D

Beef and mustard sarnie in the end. There was nowt nice on the hot menu - toad in the hole, but that wouldn't fit in a takeaway box and I'm fucked if I'm sitting in the canteen with all the mongs.

They used to do a lush take out Cottage Pie in the cafe down the road from my work, but the lass who use to make it has left and none of the others bother. Thinking about putting in an official complaint.

• 1 year later...
Antipasto, spaghetti and meatballs and a bottle of red in Zonzo's on the department.

Totally rocking Tommy.

Had my first Zonzo's/"Caffè Z" (cough) experience the other night, after years of having the place recommended to me.

It's worth a trip back from Lahndan for (well, almost). Excellent stuff, and buried away in the only-loosely-fashionable side streets of Sandyford, no less...