Would you rather?

Guest Patrokles

Aren't dead bodies drained of their fluids and pumped with formaldehyde now?

Not much chance of waking up after that I would have thought.

True, but then again we dont know what we may experience after death do we?

What are you anticipating? :D

I'm guessing a morbid fear her soul will live on in her body after it has deceased. Not sure cremation is comforting either in those circumstances though. :icon_lol:

Like when General Zod (?) gets stuck in that mirror on Superman 2?

Exactly. :panic:

Anyway, who was it that said words along the line of "I don't fear death. I was dead 100 years ago and it never bothered me then. Why should it in 100 years time?".

Wise words, wish I had 100% confidence in them.

I cant believe you two watch superman films :(

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oblivion after death OR a 50% chance of heaven or hell?

Depends. If I choose the latter, will it make a difference if I start repenting? :D

You're doomed as am I for being a fag enabler.

Why do you always sound so arsey about anything a person says? ?

If you suffer from a fear of being in an enclosed space, as I do, then as i said the thought of being buried in a coffin scares me....(I'm well aware i wouldnt know a thing about it) but why would I plan that ending which the very thought of makes me feel uncomfortable whilst im alive?

:D because I'm an arse? :icon_lol:

I'd rather chance Heaven and Hell.. I reckon I've done enough to scrape into Heaven, I certainly feel guilt for the bad things I've done. and I'm very sorry and won't do them again :wub::P

:panic:

and anyway, despite all the horrific pain, agonising torture and relentless misery... Hell is where all the good music's going to be so.... y'know... every cloud... :(

I'm guessing a morbid fear her soul will live on in her body after it has deceased. Not sure cremation is comforting either in those circumstances though. :icon_lol:

Anyway, who was it that said words along the line of "I don't fear death. I was dead 100 years ago and it never bothered me then. Why should it in 100 years time?".

I can't believe you take it up the bum!

I'm guessing a morbid fear her soul will live on in her body after it has deceased. Not sure cremation is comforting either in those circumstances though. :P

I can't believe you take it up the bum!

Then you're very right not to believe it :icon_lol:

I cant believe you two watch superman films :D

If you think that's bad, you should see the kind of thing they get up to at the weekend:

supermaniq2.jpg

:(

thats it, they deserve to suffer in hell for eternity :panic:

Would you rather just carry on being who you are now OR start again and be a totally different person?

That's tough, I mean I often wish I could go back and tell the younger version of myself to do this, that and the other differently, but starting all over again is a different matter. Obviously you wouldn't be aware of ever having been someone else, but I'd rather work on making myself a decent and generally wonderful person in this life, even if I have gone 28 years without bothering so far. :D

Would you rather just carry on being who you are now OR start again and be a totally different person?

I wouldn't mind doing being a kid again and going to school, but the thought of starting my work life again isn't all that appealing. I'm 10 years into this torture now!?

That's tough, I mean I often wish I could go back and tell the younger version of myself to do this, that and the other differently, but starting all over again is a different matter. Obviously you wouldn't be aware of ever having been someone else, but I'd rather work on making myself a decent and generally wonderful person in this life, even if I have gone 28 years without bothering so far. :D

Its certainly thought provoking, the chance to be someone else is appealing, the chance to be young again. But on reflection, I think of those shitty school years, plus you could end up being born into an awful life with a violent uncaring mackem family living in a slum in Sunderland!! :lol:

Would you rather be a mega-rich, successful Sunderland supporting international playboy, or who you are now?

And none of you are rich, successful Newcastle supporting international playboys, so don't even try it. :lol:

I am.

I wouldn't mind doing being a kid again and going to school, but the thought of starting my work life again isn't all that appealing. I'm 10 years into this torture now!?

So you obviously took the 'hate your job but retire at 30(ish) route then? :lol:

Can I just add to this thread..

If I die, can someone please make sure that they DO NOT cremate me. I don't care what else they do, just no fire. Thank you. :lol:

Depends what knowledge, if any, I can retain. Simply hitting the reset button on my life would be a bit pointless as I'd probably make the same mistakes again. :lol:

Everyone has things they would change in life. I think if you had more things you would keep the same than change then you are doing alright.

fair point, but don't you sometimes think that "I'd be in a better position if I'd picked option a over option b?" I know that could lead you down an abstract conjecture into what domino effect one tiny decision could have on the way your life plays out...

but still I'd like to go back and tell my younger self to work harder earlier, more so I got into the good habits of self motivation, a good work ethic and a more competitive edge.