Ameobi green light for return...

Scottish Mag

N'Zogbia's attitude / workrate on the pitch tends to be superb.

Aye it has been historically, although maybe not so much this season, injury won't have helped as with a few others tbh..... it's fine when things are going well, but when the going gets tough, slap in a transfer request isn't exactly the greatest.

Although it's not in the same league as some of the strops NUFC has seen.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this moment Newcastle United is probably the best club N'Zogbia is going to get, and he should look at the way the careers of his compatriots Didier Domi and Laurent Robert nose-dived as soon as they left St James' Park.

Or he could look at Louis Saha instead?

Seriously man, what a fucking spanner Oliver is

I wonder if he didn't mention Bernard in that list because he didn't want to remind everyone what a shit signing it was by Roeder 2nd time round. Do you reckon? :ok:

Well in fairness Bernard was a a reasonable bet to try. Didn't work out at all, but I dunno that without hindsight if it could be said it was a shit idea to try it (I wouldn't have re-signed him myself on principle, but that's just me :jesuswept:).

Although it's strange he isn't mentioned.

Well, if you're talking about Frenchmen who's careers nosedived after leaving the club, he's the best example of the lot. And you can only assess signings with hindsight and he has been a shit signing. Payed his wages for a season (more or less) and he's never even made the bench.

Milner's attitude > N'Zogbia's attitude

Shame about the talent, eh.

Talent is no good without attitude, or at least its no where near what it might be.

Probably a combination of the the two players best bits would produce a phenomenal player, but then he wouldn't be at Newcastle anyway.

And? There have been loads of player with attitude problems who became great players under the right managers.

I'm sure there are (although I'm sure you won't give examples :ok:), but are you really saying most players with talent and attitude issue become the very best they could be?

I can think of a few that certainly have not and some under some under very good man managers like Wenger).

N'Zogbias "attitude" problems are even explainable. There was nothing to complain about it until the poor man management started.

Or indeed injury and to a certain degree competition.

At this moment Newcastle United is probably the best club N'Zogbia is going to get, and he should look at the way the careers of his compatriots Didier Domi and Laurent Robert nose-dived as soon as they left St James' Park.

I wonder if he didn't mention Bernard in that list because he didn't want to remind everyone what a shit signing it was by Roeder 2nd time round. Do you reckon? :ok:

Well in fairness Bernard was a a reasonable bet to try. Didn't work out at all, but I dunno that without hindsight if it could be said it was a shit idea to try it (I wouldn't have re-signed him myself on principle, but that's just me :jesuswept:).

Well, if you're talking about Frenchmen who's careers nosedived after leaving the club, he's the best example of the lot. And you can only assess signings with hindsight and he has been a shit signing. Payed his wages for a season (more or less) and he's never even made the bench.

Aye, but we're you dead against us signing him?

Or thought it was worth a shot? (from a potential player point of view)

Hindsight is 20:20, but without it you've just got to take a gamble, Bernard probably was an OK one (given the total financial outlay) that just didn't pay off. :jesuswept:

Guest Patrokles

Let's not make a martyr of him. He's been shit this season, and it seems mainly down to his own temperament. You can cite poor coaching or whatever, but he just hasn't seemed right at all in the head.

Talent is no good without attitude, or at least its no where near what it might be.

Probably a combination of the the two players best bits would produce a phenomenal player, but then he wouldn't be at Newcastle anyway.

And? There have been loads of player with attitude problems who became great players under the right managers.

I'm sure there are (although I'm sure you won't give examples :ok:)

Just f**k off, please. You can name loads of players under Robson. Bellamy and Robert at Newcastle. The likes of Romario etc. at other clubs. Ferguson has worked well with dozens of difficult characters (Cantona).

Others have already stated their concerns about Roeder's treatment of here as well. Even before N'Zogbias injury came, he was messed around with, by falling down the pecking order to accomodate other players, especially Duff.

Well, I am off looking if this forum has an 'ignore' option...

Hindsight is 20:20, but without it you've just got to take a gamble, Bernard probably was an OK one (given the total financial outlay) that just didn't pay off. :jesuswept:

That's not the point I was making. Not sure if you're deliberately being obtuse or not.

I'm sure there are (although I'm sure you won't give examples :ok:)

Just f**k off, please.

Why? Two way conversation too much for you?

You can name loads of players under Robson. Bellamy and Robert at Newcastle. The likes of Romario etc. at other clubs. Ferguson has worked well with dozens of difficult characters (Cantona).

I'm not sure Bellamy and Robert qualify as the best they could have been, although Robson got a lot out of them here.

Romario is (and still is I suppose) and exceptional talent, but he certainly would have been greater with a bit less of the attitude.

Ferguson got a lot out of Cantona, although he couldn't stop him attacking fans. :jesuswept:

Others have already stated their concerns about Roeder's treatment of here as well. Even before N'Zogbias injury came, he was messed around with, by falling down the pecking order to accomodate other players, especially Duff.

Well I think that was always going to be the case initially, who really when he was signed thought Zoggy would play ahead of Duff? Together with Duff, perhaps or on for Duff, but ahead of not so much. But then the injuries started to come for both so who knows.

Well, I am off looking if this forum has an 'ignore' option...

Aye I've repeatedly noticed you only like people that agree with you and don't ask difficult questions. :jesuswept:

That's not the point I was making. Not sure if you're deliberately being obtuse or not.

Well you called it a shit signing, when it was rather a signing that really didn't work out, it is just there's a big difference between the two IMO.

Well you called it a shit signing, when it was rather a signing that really didn't work out, it is just there's a big difference between the two IMO.

I meant it's turned out to be a shit signing. It has.

I meant it's turned out to be a shit signing. It has.

Aye I agree with that then. :jesuswept:

If they sell N'Zogbia, would that be the tip of the iceberg for most?

Hiring Souness

Hiring Roeder

Selling N'Zogbia

N'Zgobia would be one of the last players i would want to sell. Probably just bollocks... well i hope it is anyways.

If he doesn't want to play for us and give 100% then I don't want him here. He can piss off as far as I'm concerned as I'm tired of wasters picking up money for nothing. That goes for all of them.

Potential?

OK. Give n'zogbia and luque the first twenty games next season and we'll be down before Christmas.

What are you talking about now btw?

Shay Given has handed two transfer requests in at NUFC I believe.

Thought it was just once, in a strop when Harper was keeping him out of the team (and then Harper got injured)..... and wasn't that more in protest after a lot of chopping and changing under Gullit and then to some degree Robson?

Potential?

OK. Give n'zogbia and luque the first twenty games next season and we'll be down before Christmas.

:jesuswept:

crystalball.jpg

You like "gritty hard working, no nonsense proper players" don'tcha?

:ok: