Allardyce resigns from Bolton

Happy Face

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who wouldn't take him is a bit daft like.

Hadn't he all but signed up for the Mackems last summer but then done a u-turn at the last minute?

As much as I want Allardyce here, he's a bit of a cock doing this to Bolton. He did the same thing to Notts County to get to the Reebok Stadium as well IRRC.

He's probably furious that someone at the club has leaked the news of his resignation early, so he's walked.

I think he's still desperatly wanting the England job, McClaren getting the sack is just a matter of time, would it be wise taking Allardyce for him to just leave ?

BBC:

[sam leaves with 2 games of the season left to play]

"That will give my successor the ideal opportunity to experience the preparation and build up of matchday in readiness of next season.

What an odd thing to say, unless either his no2. is the next boss, or his replacement is already lined up. I heard his departure was arranged a while ago, so perhaps this confirms it.

According to the NOTW he handed his notice in last week as he was assured he had the City job by Ranson but now that that deal doesn't look like coming off he's jobless.

Or alternatively he could just be on his way here.

Edited by ewerk

According to the NOTW he handed his notice in last week as he was assured he had the City job by Ranson but now that that deal doesn't look like coming off he's jobless.

Or alternatively he could just be on his way here.

I don't think he would of been that daft, Ranson had nothing concrete to offer

He'd taken Bolton as far as he could in my opinion, the timing seems strange but I'm not surprised he has left.

As much as I want Allardyce here, he's a bit of a cock doing this to Bolton. He did the same thing to Notts County to get to the Reebok Stadium as well IRRC.

Nice guys finish last tbh.

Very similar to the Curbishley situation with Charlton last season IIRC.

Would like to think it would suggest Allardyce is on his way here, but I can't see it myself.

According to a Bolton forum it's Sammy Lee and Speedo to take over for the rest of the season.

Wish I'd stuck an 'Ayrton' on that when I said it yesterday :o

This news has made N-O a no go zone for a few weeks, don't think I could put up with that fool of an admin and his 50,000 threads about why he's the man for the job.

*gets ready to start a few on here then*

:o

I think he is the man for the job out of who will be available, possibly willing to take it and who Fat Fred will be willing to employ (ie. no dirty foreigners!)

If nothing else he can turn us into an actual proffesionally run premiership club, instead of the current set up of a few random idiots doing whatever they feel like and having no idea whatsoever of what they should be doing!

Aye, that's the way I see it myself Papa. Like most I guess, I'd prefer someone whose football principles are a little more expansive and someone with all his skills but with some European and trophy success (not Sven) but that's like asking for someone that doesn't exist given the way our club is ran and to be honest, no such manager would touch us. Big Sam is the best British manager out there and significantly much better than Roeder, and now he's available, why not. If he says no, fair enough. Then stick with Roeder. Furthermore, if the board really do see Shearer as the one then him taking over a well ran club would give him and us more of a chance than him taking over from Roeder or some other crap manager. Imagine Shearer coming here and having to restructure the whole club, and learn the ropes at the same time...

Edited by Howaythetoon

Aye, that's the way I see it myself Papa. Like most I guess, I'd prefer someone whose football principles are a little more expansive and someone with all his skills but with some European and trophy success (not Sven) but that's like asking for someone that doesn't exist given the way our club is ran and to be honest, no such manager would touch us. Big Sam is the best British manager out there and significantly much better than Roeder, and now he's available, why not. If he says no, fair enough. Then stick with Roeder.

Unless the reason he's left is because he already has a job lined up that isn't us, or because he needsa break from management for a while then i think he would defiitely take the job. He came close to taking it the last time it was offered, finally deciding then not to.

There won't be a better job in the prem available as the top 4 don't need managers, and the likes of Spurs, Everton etc. will be happy with theirs (for those who believe they're better jobs than here), so if he's wanting to stay in the prem here then this is the one for him to take.

Gartside was just on SSN, he say's he's known for 2 weeks, Bolton have a pressconference tomorrow at 11am, I don't suspect that we'll hear anything other than Sammy Lee will be caretaker, but you don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to work out that there is something more to it than Allardyce needing a break.