Allardyce resigns from Bolton

Happy Face

More pressure on Roeder now then :o doesnt matter what the fat one says,with SA sitting waiting and checking out the options at the end of the season, Roeder will be sweating,never liked SA but reckon he'll do a better job than fuckwit

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Ranson rang me yesterday to say that he has not spoken to Allardyce for around 18 months.

I am Ranson and this is my to-do list today...

1. Brush teeth

2. Feed dog

3. Prepare Man City bid

4. Ring north-east 'journalist' to update him on my relationship with Allardyce.

5. Continue with affairs in the north-west

I'm expecting a club statement today scotching the rumours.

Glenn Roeder has been assured he WILL be manager of Newcastle United next season.

And this despite headlines today sugesting that Sam Allardyce, who resigned as manager of Bolton Wanderers yesterday afternoon, was on his way to St James' Park.

There was talk in football last week that Roeder was going to be shown the door by United at the end of the season.

As a result the Chronicle put the question to United's Press office - and the answer was that this was not the case.

As revealed in the Chronicle, Freddy Shepherd made a surprise visit to the United training ground on Friday to talk over next season's transfer targets with Roeder.

And the word from the training ground is that Roeder was given assurances from his chairman that he will still be in charge next season.

Shepherd distanced himself from the speculation about Allardyce today, saying that whatever had happened at another football club has got nothing to do with United.

Allardyce was actually offered the job at St James' Park after Shepherd sacked Sir Bobby Robson in August 2004 but, along with his pal Steve Bruce, he turned it down.

That's why, when Graeme Souness was sacked last February, neither Allardyce nor Bruce were considered as his successor and the job went to Roeder after he took United into Europe from nowhere and ended the season as the highest placed English manager in the Premiership.

A lot of the talk yesterday was that Allardyce was on his way to Manchester City - the team I understood he supported as a boy.

This was based on the fact that he is a big pal of former United defender Ray Ranson, who has a bid in to take over City - another of his former clubs.

But Ranson rang me yesterday to say that he has not spoken to Allardyce for around 18 months.

A key point in the future of Allardyce is that fact that he has already resigned from Bolton, and this means that any club which wants to appoint him for the start of next season will not have to pay the Wanderers chairman Phil Garside any compensation.

The last thing Roeder wanted was to read headlines that Allardyce was replacing him at St James' Park, and he had every right to feel aggrieved.

Roeder is not popular with the North West group of managers with Allardyce, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Wigan's Paul Jewel all on record 12 months ago saying that he should not be allowed to manage United because he did not have the Pro-Licence - even though none of them have it.

Then Ferguson was quoted as saying he was going to give Allardyce a hug and a kiss after Bolton picked up a draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

But there was no such message from Sir Alex to Roeder after United's draw with Chelsea last Sunday.

Roeder is not popular with the North West group of managers with Allardyce, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and Wigan's Paul Jewel all on record 12 months ago saying that he should not be allowed to manage United because he did not have the Pro-Licence - even though none of them have it.

Then Ferguson was quoted as saying he was going to give Allardyce a hug and a kiss after Bolton picked up a draw with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

But there was no such message from Sir Alex to Roeder after United's draw with Chelsea last Sunday.

:o

Edited by Barney

:o Oliver is livid that Roeder is being denied his rightful hug and kiss from Ferguson. Fucking hell!

"after he took United into Europe from nowhere and ended the season as the highest placed English manager in the Premiership."

This shite is starting to grate on me. I guess SBR's achievements were fuckall compared to the mighty Roeder.

He was the highest placed manager named Glenn Roeder in the premiership season 2005/2006 in the history of football EVER. OMGZZZ!!!!!1111 what a feat!

Mourinho will be able to console himself with being the highest placed Portuguese manager in the Premiership, should Chelsea fail to win the league this season. That'll be nice for him.

And no wonder Shay has stayed with us so long, being the highest placed ROI goalkeeper in the league and that...

How much would you love half an hour with Alan Oliver in a room with a load of his press clippings, just to highlight what a total penis he truly is. Surely over the course of 30 minutes you could make him see what a twat he appears to the general public.

Oliver really makes my piss boil, I mean where does he get off spouting all this shite? I mean has it got to the stage where he's lost contact with reality because he's brainwashed himself in to thinking what he's typing out is truth? WE DON'T WANT ROEDER, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Oliver really makes my piss boil, I mean where does he get off spouting all this shite? I mean has it got to the stage where he's lost contact with reality because he's brainwashed himself in to thinking what he's typing out is truth? WE DON'T WANT ROEDER, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

He honestly thinks he's bringing us good news. "Don't panic! Glenn's here to stay. :o " After all, he still genuinely believes that Roeder was the fans' number one choice at the time of appointment.

There was talk in football last week that Roeder was going to be shown the door by United at the end of the season.

As a result the Chronicle put the question to United's Press office - and the answer was that this was not the case.

:razz::o:blush:

he genuinely thinks he's the first person that mangers, players and fans turn to. Ranson phoned him? Bollocks! Ranson probably released a press statement to everyone willing to listen.

I'd love for someone to sit down with him an explain the difference between reality and his world, but I'm afraid the plank is so far removed from sanity he'd never listen.

it's fucking laughable really

:lol: Investigative journalism at its finest. Can you imagine if Oliver worked at The Washington Post during Watergate?

he genuinely thinks he's the first person that mangers, players and fans turn to. Ranson phoned him? Bollocks! Ranson probably released a press statement to everyone willing to listen.

I'd love for someone to sit down with him an explain the difference between reality and his world, but I'm afraid the plank is so far removed from sanity he'd never listen.

it's fucking laughable really

In the case of the NUFC manager, he is.

:lol: Investigative journalism at its finest. Can you imagine if Oliver worked at The Washington Post during Watergate?

"There was talk in politics last week about people breaking into the Watergate building and place bugs in the offices of the Democratic party.

As a result the Washington Post put the question to Nixon's Press office - and the answer was that this was not the case."

:lol: Wtf did he expect? "Well we were going to keep it quiet but seeing as you've asked the question aye he's getting the boot."