Allardyce resigns from Bolton

Happy Face

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thet more I've thought about this, the more I'm almost certain Big Sam will be in charge of us next season.

It is looking likely; apparently he was fed up that that Bolton board never gave him any money. As Leazes often reminded us, if there's one thing Fred is good for it's backing his managers.

Speed has been made first-team coach at Bolton. Lee Clark or Gary Speed, I know who I'd rather have on our coaching staff. :(

Edited by Bombadil

Speed has been made a first-team coach at Bolton. Lee Clark or Gary Speed, I know who I'd rather have on our coaching staff. :(

Yep, you can't beat a local understanding of what the club really means. It's what makes a coach a top coach.

Speed has been made first-team coach at Bolton. Lee Clark or Gary Speed, I know who I'd rather have on our coaching staff. :(

That says more about the guy who sold Speed than the guy who hired Clark

Weren't they ultimiately the same fat person?

Thet more I've thought about this, the more I'm almost certain Big Sam will be in charge of us next season.

Oliver's garble before the match yesterday is what's swung it for me. He seemed quite coy on the subject of Allardyce.

Has Allardyce rang Oliver yet to tell him he wants the job?

:( "Indeed, Sam rang me this and reports that he would reject the chance to take over from Roeder are wide of the mark"

The thing is, he will do something like this, though more likely claim he's spoken to Speed about it since he's an ex toon player!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

as quoted on .com

Glenn under threat?

Bill Bradshaw, writing in the Express, Wednesday:

Sam Allardyce is being lined up to take on one of the biggest challenges in football - to turn Newcastle United from being nearly men to trophy winners. Allardyce quit as Bolton boss last week but his spell out of work could be brief with middle-men working on his options for a return this summer.

Newcastle, after a nondescript season punctuated by injury problems, are believed to be interested again in Allardyce.

One source close to the club told me: "The Geordies would love Big Sam's belligerent style and no-nonsense approach.

"That would go down well here so it's watch this space."

Newcastle were close to appointing him three years ago after Sir Bobby Robson's exit but the bid was aborted when it came clear Bolton had a £2million compensation clause protecting their boss.

Bolton chairman Phil Gartside suggested on Monday the had provisions to extend their protection, even after Allardyce's resignation.

"He's going to turn up somewhere," said Gartside.

"He has two and a half years left on his contract. We have a compromise agreement in place that covers his resignation from this job."

Allardyce has tried to engineer his release from that clause and, if he is successful, will be particularly attractive to Newcastle.