Solano Unveiling?

Toon_Crazy

The fans being proved right about Nobby, eh ?

26020[/snapback]

As I read this morning that he'd signed I couldn't help thinking his sale was the first major sign for me that Bobby was losing it. His reasons were shite and the crap about "We have players who can play there" seemed out of step with his previously excellent crack. The post-match bullshit seemed to appear more and more after that.

26020[/snapback]

As I read this morning that he'd signed I couldn't help thinking his sale was the first major sign for me that Bobby was losing it. His reasons were shite and the crap about "We have players who can play there" seemed out of step with his previously excellent crack. The post-match bullshit seemed to appear more and more after that.

26023[/snapback]

I agree. He started losing the support from this moment. What before was gospel became drivel. His post match interviews weren't funny any more and started to be embarrassing.

And playing Bowyer in Nobby's position just topped it for me...

26020[/snapback]

Echo's why Bellamy left as well, problems with the management. Although Solano's reasons (as reported) look a lot more straightforward.

26020[/snapback]

26023[/snapback]

I agree. He started losing the support from this moment. What before was gospel became drivel. His post match interviews weren't funny any more and started to be embarrassing.

26024[/snapback]

It was the out-right lies that were most bothersome. His constant insistance that it was Nobby who wanted to leave, when you could see in his eyes that he didn't even believe that himself. He also insisted that we had more than enough replacements for the right-wing in Kieron "you ruined my career by playing me on the right-wing" Dyer, Jermaine "I need to play in the centre" Jenas, Lee "I'm admittedly shit on the right-wing and think Nobby should be playing there" Bowyer and Darren "Platini" Ambrose.

Last night, something actually occurred to me about the deal, though. We all know that Robson was wanting to be pro-active in resolving the Shearer "situation" (tired legs that need resting, imminent retirement, replacements needed) - an admirable stance, in my view -, and had wanted to accept an offer from Liverpool to move the club on - whether that was a good idea or not was debatable, of course, but later problems that saw him sacked may've vindicated his view. The thing about Robson is that he could be quite canny in getting his way, sometimes, and I've thought to myself - did Robson get rid of Shearer's main supply man to try and aid his arguement? Was he attempting, ultimately unsuccessfully, to change our style of play and leave Shearer obsolete?

Probably not. It was brain-food for a minute or two, though.

26020[/snapback]

26023[/snapback]

26024[/snapback]

It was the out-right lies that were most bothersome. His constant insistance that it was Nobby who wanted to leave, when you could see in his eyes that he didn't even believe that himself. He also insisted that we had more than enough replacements for the right-wing in Kieron "you ruined my career by playing me on the right-wing" Dyer, Jermaine "I need to play in the centre" Jenas, Lee "I'm admittedly shit on the right-wing and think Nobby should be playing there" Bowyer and Darren "Platini" Ambrose.

Last night, something actually occurred to me about the deal, though. We all know that Robson was wanting to be pro-active in resolving the Shearer "situation" (tired legs that need resting, imminent retirement, replacements needed) - an admirable stance, in my view -, and had wanted to accept an offer from Liverpool to move the club on - whether that was a good idea or not was debatable, of course, but later problems that saw him sacked may've vindicated his view. The thing about Robson is that he could be quite canny in getting his way, sometimes, and I've thought to myself - did Robson get rid of Shearer's main supply man to try and aid his arguement? Was he attempting, ultimately unsuccessfully, to change our style of play and leave Shearer obsolete?

Probably not. It was brain-food for a minute or two, though.

26268[/snapback]

Not the stupidest theory I've ever heard.

Shame they couldnt parade Nobby and Owen at the same time! That would've been some press conference had it happened.  :lol:

25955[/snapback]

I was half expecting that yesterday. Just below the "WELCOME MICHAEL", some bloke to quickly run on with a felt-tip pen and right (and welcome home Nobby).

to change the subject slightly ( but thinking it necessary to start another thread) I never say the part when souness went behind FFS's back and encouraged the crowd to chant Nobby's name. This sounds like absolute quality and was wondering if any had this clip they could upload?

Dare I say that Souness sounds like a star if this is true!

He'd have got rid of Bellamy himself if he wanted rid of his main supply.

26286[/snapback]

He felt that Bellamy was too good to get rid of for such purposes, though. He's a much more versatile player, too. Again, part of what landed him in the "final troubles" was that accidental revelation that he preferred playing with Kluivert to Shearer. Contrast this with Solano, who's game is ideally suited to swinging in peaches that can be stuck in the back of the net. He can also play a different sort of game, but his bread and butter is the traditional stuff that an ageing Shearer could still thrive upon. Only a Nobby-ectomy would dry up one of Shearer's richest resources.

to change the subject slightly ( but thinking it necessary to start another thread) I never say the part when souness went behind FFS's back and encouraged the crowd to chant Nobby's name.  This sounds like absolute quality and was wondering if any had this clip they could upload?

26298[/snapback]

Souness is a poor manager, but he is also a canny bloke. Most times I enjoy his interviews.

Now if he found a teacher explaining him the need for tactics and fitness training he probably would become a superb manager. He probably should apply for one of these courses where you get your coaching badges...

to change the subject slightly ( but thinking it necessary to start another thread) I never say the part when souness went behind FFS's back and encouraged the crowd to chant Nobby's name.  This sounds like absolute quality and was wondering if any had this clip they could upload?

26298[/snapback]

Wonder how much bearing that had. After all Souness has been after Solano since January now.