Toon Release 5 Players

Tooj

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great. The spin has already started. Sam gets credit for 'releasing 5 players' who were leaving anyway. That's some management genius we have landed here.

What spin? All that's been said is the club has released 5 players. Making stuff up again tbh.

The credit Sam is getting on here for this 'decision'.

Great. The spin has already started. Sam gets credit for 'releasing 5 players' who were leaving anyway. That's some management genius we have landed here.

What spin? All that's been said is the club has released 5 players. Making stuff up again tbh.

sams alright he gota start with everyone liking him so why not let him have this credit.

Guest alex

So, not spin from the club then? Comments on a message board from the odd person don't really constitute 'spin' imo.

sams alright he gota start with everyone liking him so why not let him have this credit.

Credit where credit is due.

Guest Patrokles

I guarentee there will be a few upset posters on N-O over Titus. Oh, and Bernard was a good signing wasn't he?

Short of the day he signed and the team photo, did he actually ever pull on the gold numbered shirt? :)

Played a reserve game or so I think.

He did the "lap of honour" too.

Anyone reckon these players are the ones referred to by Butt and others as not giving a shit? Hopefully Dyer will be next. A new dawn beckons.

Almost certainly not, no.

Guest Patrokles

Bramble to play for England within the year.

dont be so fucking stupid

hope luque gets another chance though he is good

:)

:o

Yesterday you were criticising him for keeping Bramble, weren't you?

I was criticising him for using the phrase 'everyone starts with a clean slate', when it was patently absolute shite and not what was needed, now proven by this statement.

I was criticising him for using the phrase 'everyone starts with a clean slate', when it was patently absolute shite and not what was needed, now proven by this statement.

Haha, you're gay.

good that he's started now, instead of trying to shift players closer to the start of the new season.

"Planning" :):o :o

Guest alex

I think 'everyone starts with a clean slate' could have been construed as meaning everyone with a contract tbh. No contradiction in releasing these lot.

This is a good start. Of course they are the easy ones, out of contract. Still, a good saving on wages and getting rid of dead wood. On Titus, never been good enough, some flashes at times but over all kept slipping back with his head in the clouds.

It's a shame no one could graft Woodgate's brain into Shambles body really.

Guest alex

This is a good start. Of course they are the easy ones, out of contract. Still, a good saving on wages and getting rid of dead wood. On Titus, never been good enough, some flashes at times but over all kept slipping back with his head in the clouds.

It's a shame no one could graft Woodgate's brain into Shambles body really.

Just want the footballing part :) The whole brain would be a bad thing.

You're criticising him for using a common phrase, presumably one that does not apply to players out of contract anyway? You're not at all prejudiced about this appointment, are you? :)

good that he's started now, instead of trying to shift players closer to the start of the new season.

"Planning" :):o :o

It's standard to release players that you don't want at the end of the current season

it's logical yes, which is why it's unusual for NUFC

Why are you determined to denigrate anything which others are pleased with?

no one is saying that this is a managerial masterstroke, but christ it's a step in the right direction, remember, the last three managers have offered Bramble a stay of execution despite his never looking like a premiership footballer that can perform for 90 minutes.

It'll be interesting to see what replacements he brings in, with Forster being handed a contract I don't think another keeper will be coming in, we'll need at least 2 new CB's as a selection of Taylor, Ramage, Huntington and Edgar doesn't fill me with much hope. :)

Wasn't Alan O'Brien out of contract too?

It'll be interesting to see what replacements he brings in, with Forster being handed a contract I don't think another keeper will be coming in, we'll need at least 2 new CB's as a selection of Taylor, Ramage, Huntington and Edgar doesn't fill me with much hope. :)

Wasn't Alan O'Brien out of contract too?

Yes, according to .com's page on players http://www.nufc.com/2006-07html/squad.html

The squad is surely looking thin now after today's cull.

Guest alex

Would have liked Gooch to stay... never thought he got a proper chance... would prefer him over Ramage.

I might have a bias due to his nationality... :)

The difference being Gooch wasn't our player whereas Ramage already is. We'd have basically been paying a transfer fee with Oneyewu (sp?) just to see if he was good enough. No more of that sort of money wasting thanks. Ramage will probably leave in time too but we need bodies at the minute. Can't see him being anywhere near first choice next season though.

Would have liked Gooch to stay... never thought he got a proper chance... would prefer him over Ramage.

I might have a bias due to his nationality... :o

The difference being Gooch wasn't our player whereas Ramage already is. We'd have basically been paying a transfer fee with Oneyewu (sp?) just to see if he was good enough. No more of that sort of money wasting thanks. Ramage will probably leave in time too but we need bodies at the minute. Can't see him being anywhere near first choice next season though.

I see the point.

I just felt that Onyewu had more of a desire than any other partner he had (except for Taylor) just didn't have the opportunity to form the partnership.

And I had my heart set on my new top with Onyewu on the back... :)

Guest alex

I might have a bias due to his nationality... :o

I see the point.

I just felt that Onyewu had more of a desire than any other partner he had (except for Taylor) just didn't have the opportunity to form the partnership.

And I had my heart set on my new top with Onyewu on the back... :)

He didn't get much of a chance to be fair.