Toon Release 5 Players

Tooj

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't he say something about wanting to sign 4 players, plus any replacements for outgoing players... or something like that.

We're not going to sign 9 players though are we

I wouldn't put it past him.

Didn't he say something about wanting to sign 4 players, plus any replacements for outgoing players... or something like that.

nor me, any decent manager would have done this in the past!

nor me, any decent manager would have done this in the past!

I think he'll look to replace these few that have been released with more free transfers, our wage bill will probably increase short term but he'll look to sort that out by possibly moving on Parker, Emre and Dyer and replacing them with better players on smaller wages.

I wouldn't be surprised if he signs a dozen players in the summer.

Let's face it, we haven't released anything really aproaching a defender!

This week keeps getting better all the time!

I agree. None of those players are any loss to us.

Leaves us with Huntington, Taylor, Ramage, Edgar Solano & Carr...! Hope we sell that worthless plank of wood too, tbh...!

What happened to Babayaro?

Who cares :)

Leaves us with Huntington, Taylor, Ramage, Edgar Solano & Carr...! Hope we sell that worthless plank of wood too, tbh...!

The fucker is still drawing a wage for doing fuck all, thats the problem.

The fucker is still drawing a wage for doing fuck all, thats the problem.

I know he wasn't mentioned, but like Carr I think he will keep a hold of them for now until he starts bringing in a couple of new defenders having let five players already go.....well, that's what I'm hoping in anyways...!

To come in and scoop away all the shit on the field we'd have next to no one left. I think he's just playing it safe 'for now' despite how incredibly shit those two players are.

I'm surprised Carr didn't do a runner after all the abuse he got in the last home game. :)

There's no way he can shift everyone people would liek him to as there would be hardly any squad left and we don't have the money to replace everyone.

So there's a chance we'll see a few hanging in there longer than we'd like. But he'll either get an improvement from them or be looking to shift more in January i imagine.

There's no way he can shift everyone people would liek him to as there would be hardly any squad left and we don't have the money to replace everyone.

So there's a chance we'll see a few hanging in there longer than we'd like. But he'll either get an improvement from them or be looking to shift more in January i imagine.

I think he's on his way to doing that,can't see him beating about the bush from what he says in the Chron tonight.He'll have the contacts and probably the players he had an eye on whilst being at Bolton aswell,i think he'll move fast on this one like.

I think he's on his way to doing that,can't see him beating about the bush from what he says in the Chron tonight.He'll have the contacts and probably the players he had an eye on whilst being at Bolton aswell,i think he'll move fast on this one like.

I am really hoping we'll see some quick moves to bring players in as well. Being the man he is, he will already have people in mind, perhaps almost lined up, and you can see him acting asap on any free agents he has his eye on.

So long Bramble, don't let the door hit you on your gigantic arse on the way out.

It would take a feat of astounding dexterity and concentration far beyond Bramble's capabilities to perform such a task tbh.

Discards:

Onyawaynoo... +4

Confirmation from the club came on Wednesday that a back five of Pavel Srnicek, Olivier Bernard, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble and loanee Oguchi Onyewu had all now left United.

Four of those departures come as no surprise but the Bramble exit was less predictable.

A large number of Newcastle fans will be pleased to see the back of Titus after his countless number of cock-ups which have cost us games.

However, whose decision was it for Bramble to go? All we can assume is that his exit was well underway before Sam Allardyce arrived, or even before Glenn Roeder "resigned".

Big Sam announced on Tuesday that "everyone starts with a clean slate" so if it was his decision (and he was at York races on Wednesday) then what did Titus do to blot his copybook in less than 24 hours?

Perhaps the boos of the Blackburn game had persuaded the player to go but that seems unlikely given the regime change.

Whatever, a 25-year old potential England defender (on his day he could be superb) that cost us £4.5m has walked away for nowt.

If Allardyce's psychological expertise is all it's cracked up to be then surely he could have cured Bramble's concentration problems? Or at least had one more go.

A rotten bit of management by whoever was responsible....

Guest alex
Discards:

Onyawaynoo... +4

Confirmation from the club came on Wednesday that a back five of Pavel Srnicek, Olivier Bernard, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble and loanee Oguchi Onyewu had all now left United.

Four of those departures come as no surprise but the Bramble exit was less predictable.

A large number of Newcastle fans will be pleased to see the back of Titus after his countless number of cock-ups which have cost us games.

However, whose decision was it for Bramble to go? All we can assume is that his exit was well underway before Sam Allardyce arrived, or even before Glenn Roeder "resigned".

Big Sam announced on Tuesday that "everyone starts with a clean slate" so if it was his decision (and he was at York races on Wednesday) then what did Titus do to blot his copybook in less than 24 hours?

Perhaps the boos of the Blackburn game had persuaded the player to go but that seems unlikely given the regime change.

Whatever, a 25-year old potential England defender (on his day he could be superb) that cost us £4.5m has walked away for nowt.

If Allardyce's psychological expertise is all it's cracked up to be then surely he could have cured Bramble's concentration problems? Or at least had one more go.

A rotten bit of management by whoever was responsible....

This was posted on N-O and I picked up on that bit in particular. What a load of shite :D

The above bit is from .com in case you couldn't tell.

"potential England defender"?

Anyway, if Sam can bring in enough reinforcements then I have no problem with Titus leaving the club, but if we get stuck bringing in quality centre backs, then maybe hoying Titus out without giving Sam a proper look at him in training may be a bit rash. I certainly would prefer to see Titus starting ahead of Ramage if we have some injuries latr on in the season.

Thoughts?

I know we've not had a lot to be happy about lately, but the boys at nufc.com are a right pair of miserable bastards. :D

Yep, way off the mark.

Titus isn't good enough and will be on pretty big wages I reckon. Too big for a squad player anyway.

Guest alex

Anyway, if Sam can bring in enough reinforcements then I have no problem with Titus leaving the club, but if we get stuck bringing in quality centre backs, then maybe hoying Titus out without giving Sam a proper look at him in training may be a bit rash. I certainly would prefer to see Titus starting ahead of Ramage if we have some injuries latr on in the season.

Thoughts?

I see where you are coming from but there's no fucking way that plank should have his contract renewed. I agree with Luke too.

I would have seriously questioned the ambitions of the club had Bramble's contract been renewed, the decision was no-brainer, he had to go.

Thoughts?

I see where you are coming from but there's no fucking way that plank should have his contract renewed. I agree with Luke too.

I know. It's a bit of an odd situation.

Had Sam offered Titus a new long term deal, lots of fans would have been up in arms.

It's hard to know the rights and wrongs of the decision without knowing all the facts. Titus may well have agreed a deal with another club when Roeder effectively told him to fuck off after the AZ away game. Sam may also not need to see him on the training ground to know that he's dodgy.

wondering with all the pro zone stuff thats avaialble to us now whether it will turn our team into more a efficient footballing side. i'd certainly hope so.

probably one of the reasons why bramble went.... modern technology --- cro magnon footballer do not mix.