Will we be the 3rd wealthiest club???

Ken

Just been having a quick scan on current owners of Premiership clubs. I'm talking Lerner, Egghead, Hicks and Gillett, Glazer and of course Abramovich.

Having a look at these owners' wealth, I rank Mike Ashley behind the obvious front runner of Abramovich and the combination of Hicks/Gillett. Correct me if I'm wrong of course. We are ranked third. Fuckin' hell, if he takes full control, we will be able to compete financially with the best there is. I'm still pinching myself after learning this deal went through yesterday...I thought I was dreaming!

I find it ironic that Freddy finds himself in the position that he's in now. Such cockiness. Such ignorance. Goin' down fighting, but of course it being a lost cause for him. If he puts up resistance after Ashley gains 50% plus one share, Ashley can tell FS to go away with a reduced price on Shephard's dividend. I trust John Hall. Johny helped build this club from the second division to what it is now. He's given his blessing to this man.

Two weeks in our lives up until now, has made up for three years of going backwards since Sir Bobby. I'm still gobsmacked. Can't believe it. Still skeptical and cautious, because everything that happens at our club is not simply black and white. But you just can't help feelin' a bit of optimism...

with every passing week, the idiocy of people like "Ken" becomes ever more apparent.

I'm only surprised the stupid cunt hasn't posted how happy he is with the summer transfer window in the relevant thread.

You're how old?

the relevance is ?

Edit

For info mate, it's just a response to a post Ken has made in the thread about burning books in General Chat, which ought to have been in the football section.

Edited by LeazesMag

You really are a sad, sad individual LM. The only justification I can conjure up is that you're either Shepherd himself or somehow have a vested interest in him.

Your insistance on digging up stuff that's donkey's years old is beyond obsession.

errrr.....the insistence of people like "Ken" to harp on saying I've spouted shite for years is what ?

It was just a response, and I just clicked on his profile, I didn't search any posts at all.

Highly ironic for someone to say I'm spouting shit, who's posted rubbish like that.

I've no vested interest in any person at the football club past or present, I just want to see the club punch their weight and compete with the other big clubs, and any owner who attempts this will get my wholehearted support. I think it's extremely sad that there are still people out there who still don't understand the value of having an owner with ambition against one who does not.

In fact, its absolutely staggering.

You sad sad man, as bad as stevie in the baines thread having cracks at j69 and the fish for comments from two years back except he at least didnt bump it himself :D

Like I said, I think those who STILL don't appreciate the old owners are as sad as it gets.

Oh, and I don't give a fuck what you think of me, because basically I was right and you know it. Nobody asked "Ken" to spout the crap he did too mate.... B)

Edited by LeazesMag

You dug up something that was posted over 3 years ago you uttter mong! :D

I didn't, I just clicked on his profile and it was the very top post

...from three years ago

You sad sad man, as bad as stevie in the baines thread having cracks at j69 and the fish for comments from two years back except he at least didnt bump it himself :D

Like I said, I think those who STILL don't appreciate the old owners are as sad as it gets.

Oh, and I don't give a fuck what you think of me, because basically I was right and you know it. Nobody asked "Ken" to spout the crap he did too mate.... B)

you dont actually seem to have posted in here before today B)

LM, 90% of the people on here do appreciate what we achieved while the previous owners were here, they certainly contributed significantly to what were the best years of football Newcastle may ever have in my lifetime, they made mistakes too (particularly in the latter stages of their tenure) as you yourself admit but obviously they were better than Ashley and anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill.

But why on earth do you keep bringing it up? The people who disagree with you aren't going to change their minds and everyone else is just sick of the debate.

Edited by TicTacWoe

LM, 90% of the people on here do appreciate what we achieved while the previous owners were here, they certainly contributed significantly to what were the best years of football Newcastle may ever have in my lifetime, they made mistakes too (particularly in the latter stages of their tenure) as you yourself admit but obviously they were better than Ashley and anyone who thinks otherwise is mentally ill.

But why on earth do you keep bringing it up? The people who disagree with you aren't going to change their minds and everyone else is just sick of the debate.

tell you what, ask "Ken" why he appeared from nowhere and made his occasional post saying I had been posting shite for years, with nothing to back it up and not even saying what this "shite" was ?

I just clicked on his profile, and it is the top post. Have a look.

He can reply to me if he likes, but pse don't say I brought this up when he is clearly obsessed with me and I was only making a reply to him.

Obsessed.

whatever. Of course, "Ken" can always come back and explain what he meant by "shit" with some constructive comments based on fact.

Anyway, he's possibly from Oz, which explains why he also appears to be another infiltrate know-nowt from Newcastle Online who has hardly if ever seen a game

Edited by LeazesMag