Will we be the 3rd wealthiest club???

Ken

Just been having a quick scan on current owners of Premiership clubs. I'm talking Lerner, Egghead, Hicks and Gillett, Glazer and of course Abramovich.

Having a look at these owners' wealth, I rank Mike Ashley behind the obvious front runner of Abramovich and the combination of Hicks/Gillett. Correct me if I'm wrong of course. We are ranked third. Fuckin' hell, if he takes full control, we will be able to compete financially with the best there is. I'm still pinching myself after learning this deal went through yesterday...I thought I was dreaming!

I find it ironic that Freddy finds himself in the position that he's in now. Such cockiness. Such ignorance. Goin' down fighting, but of course it being a lost cause for him. If he puts up resistance after Ashley gains 50% plus one share, Ashley can tell FS to go away with a reduced price on Shephard's dividend. I trust John Hall. Johny helped build this club from the second division to what it is now. He's given his blessing to this man.

Two weeks in our lives up until now, has made up for three years of going backwards since Sir Bobby. I'm still gobsmacked. Can't believe it. Still skeptical and cautious, because everything that happens at our club is not simply black and white. But you just can't help feelin' a bit of optimism...

Edited by Ken

I'm sure if the words in the title are rearranged they will make sense sort of some. :D

Must be getting old, talking like Yoda.

BTW, I never understood that, I thought when Yoda was introduced in Empire Strikes back he was getting old and mixed up his words as a result, "Sick have I become" for example. Why was he doing it in the prequels, donkeys years earlier when he was meant to have his marbles.

Fred is taking a risk if he doesn't accept the offer - Ashley HAS to offer the same price to everyone that he paid Sir John

but if FFS doesn't accept then the shares will stay on the stock market and , as they say, prices can go up or go down

Ashley can then make another offer later at whatever price he likes (say 50p a share)...................................................

Fred is taking a risk if he doesn't accept the offer - Ashley HAS to offer the same price to everyone that he paid Sir John

but if FFS doesn't accept then the shares will stay on the stock market and , as they say, prices can go up or go down

Ashley can then make another offer later at whatever price he likes (say 50p a share)...................................................

Aye. Fuckin great that isn't it. Piss off Fatty, come on board Fatty.

As we all know, Freddy tends to put his size 16's in his mouth most times he opens his gob ... and Hall was furious when Shepherd went public saying "I don't know what the Halls are doing offering to sell their shares". And what was supposed to be talk behind closed doors suddenly came out into the open.

Shepherd said he was willing to buy Hall's share in Newcastle United to take full control of the club, but Sir John was obviously out to scupper the chairman's plans. So much so he was happy to take what Mike Ashley offered, in order to put Shepherd on the back foot.

Rumour has it Sir John thinks the current chairman has "£" signs in his eyes and was hoping to over-price the club to make a tidy sum to the highest bidder, rather than have the welfare of Newcastle United at heart.

Today Shepherd, as expected, has warned billionaire businessman Mike Ashley he will have to splash "a whole lot more" cash if he is to complete his takeover of the club.

Ashley yesterday bought 41.6% of the club's shares from Sir John and family and has offered the same price of 100p per share to Shepherd - who owns 29.8% - and the rest of the Magpies' shareholders.

Shepherd last week claimed that the St James' Park outfit was "impossible" to sell, but now that the Hall has found a willing buyer, he will find his resolve to stay at the club tested to the limit.

But Shepherd sees "a big earner" and you can picture him rubbing his hands with glee.

Shepherd: "There is nothing Mike Ashley can do with this club unless he gets a 75% stake. He can't take full control, he can't change resolutions or the club's articles of association.

"He has spent £50m but he will have to spend a whole lot more, as he must now make an offer not just for my shares but the shares held by all the other shareholders."

The news also came as a surprise to manager Sam Allardyce, who has been at the helm only a matter of days after succeeding Glenn Roeder.

Allardyce: "I'm as shocked about this as chairman Freddy Shepherd. I didn't know this was going to happen. I will be talking to the chairman to see what it all means and we'll go from here.

"I don't know anything about the person hoping to take over. But he must want good things for Newcastle if he's spending such an amount on the club."

Shepherd said he was willing to buy Hall's share in Newcastle United to take full control of the club,

Shepherd doesn't have the money to do that, hence his shareholding is just below the point where he'd be forced to make an offer to buy the rest of the shares.

Shepherd said he was willing to buy Hall's share in Newcastle United to take full control of the club,

Shepherd doesn't have the money to do that, hence his shareholding is just below the point where he'd be forced to make an offer to buy the rest of the shares.

True...unless he did a Malcolm Glazer and borrowed to acquire the shares. Just the thought of that...

freddy says he is a massive fan blah blah if he is the best thing he can do is sell his share, john hall still remains president so maybe if fat fred is worried he can still have a job...maybe scrubbing the shitters after the games :D

I'm sure if the words in the title are rearranged they will make sense sort of some. :D

Must be getting old, talking like Yoda.

BTW, I never understood that, I thought when Yoda was introduced in Empire Strikes back he was getting old and mixed up his words as a result, "Sick have I become" for example. Why was he doing it in the prequels, donkeys years earlier when he was meant to have his marbles.

Wasn't he 900 years old or something in The Empire Strikes Back? 50 years or whatever is going to make a lot of difference in the senility stakes.

• 3 years later...
Just been having a quick scan on current owners of Premiership clubs. I'm talking Lerner, Egghead, Hicks and Gillett, Glazer and of course Abramovich.

Having a look at these owners' wealth, I rank Mike Ashley behind the obvious front runner of Abramovich and the combination of Hicks/Gillett. Correct me if I'm wrong of course. We are ranked third. Fuckin' hell, if he takes full control, we will be able to compete financially with the best there is. I'm still pinching myself after learning this deal went through yesterday...I thought I was dreaming!

I find it ironic that Freddy finds himself in the position that he's in now. Such cockiness. Such ignorance. Goin' down fighting, but of course it being a lost cause for him. If he puts up resistance after Ashley gains 50% plus one share, Ashley can tell FS to go away with a reduced price on Shephard's dividend. I trust John Hall. Johny helped build this club from the second division to what it is now. He's given his blessing to this man.

Two weeks in our lives up until now, has made up for three years of going backwards since Sir Bobby. I'm still gobsmacked. Can't believe it. Still skeptical and cautious, because everything that happens at our club is not simply black and white. But you just can't help feelin' a bit of optimism...

:D

"Ken" says I talk shite .............

B)

As we all know, Freddy tends to put his size 16's in his mouth most times he opens his gob ... and Hall was furious when Shepherd went public saying "I don't know what the Halls are doing offering to sell their shares". And what was supposed to be talk behind closed doors suddenly came out into the open.

Shepherd said he was willing to buy Hall's share in Newcastle United to take full control of the club, but Sir John was obviously out to scupper the chairman's plans. So much so he was happy to take what Mike Ashley offered, in order to put Shepherd on the back foot.

Rumour has it Sir John thinks the current chairman has "£" signs in his eyes and was hoping to over-price the club to make a tidy sum to the highest bidder, rather than have the welfare of Newcastle United at heart.

Today Shepherd, as expected, has warned billionaire businessman Mike Ashley he will have to splash "a whole lot more" cash if he is to complete his takeover of the club.

Ashley yesterday bought 41.6% of the club's shares from Sir John and family and has offered the same price of 100p per share to Shepherd - who owns 29.8% - and the rest of the Magpies' shareholders.

Shepherd last week claimed that the St James' Park outfit was "impossible" to sell, but now that the Hall has found a willing buyer, he will find his resolve to stay at the club tested to the limit.

But Shepherd sees "a big earner" and you can picture him rubbing his hands with glee.

Shepherd: "There is nothing Mike Ashley can do with this club unless he gets a 75% stake. He can't take full control, he can't change resolutions or the club's articles of association.

"He has spent £50m but he will have to spend a whole lot more, as he must now make an offer not just for my shares but the shares held by all the other shareholders."

The news also came as a surprise to manager Sam Allardyce, who has been at the helm only a matter of days after succeeding Glenn Roeder.

Allardyce: "I'm as shocked about this as chairman Freddy Shepherd. I didn't know this was going to happen. I will be talking to the chairman to see what it all means and we'll go from here.

"I don't know anything about the person hoping to take over. But he must want good things for Newcastle if he's spending such an amount on the club."

oh dear

:D

"Ken" unable to disguise irrational hatred for owners who got us where Mikey boy never will as long as he has a hole in his arse

And he says I talk shite [pun deliberate]

Edited by LeazesMag