Police say shoot to kill needs no warning

BlueStar

A police source has told the Guardian that there is no need for officers to verbally warn a suspect before opening fire.

The source said: "If the firearms team are reasonably certain the person is a suicide bomber then there is no need to issue any warning.

"Experience from other parts of the world shows that if a suicide bomber knows they are being followed by police, they will detonate."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,...1536751,00.html

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kind of makes sense...although I worry about the 'reasonably certain' part.

2599[/snapback]

It's a bit worrying when the only 'suicide bomber' they've shot so far turned out to be completely innocent.

From the SMB:

untitled4ah.png

2606[/snapback]

lol - but obviously fake.

2613[/snapback]

No english speakers on London Underground.............

So in the course of a few weeks they've gone from "Don't worry a bulb just blew in the underground", to keep everyone calm, to making people more worried about the police than the terrorists.

nice work!

Kind of makes sense...although I worry about the 'reasonably certain' part.

2599[/snapback]

It's a bit worrying when the only 'suicide bomber' they've shot so far turned out to be completely innocent.

2601[/snapback]

Exactly.

I've ALWAYS been worried more about the police than the terrorists

there's only 5-12 terrorists in the whole country but 150,000 coppers

And terrorists don't shoot you for carrying a chair leg from the pub, fit you up for 14 years++ inside, or drive over you at 125 mph as you try and cross the road...............................

And terrorists don't shoot you for carrying a chair leg from the pub, fit you up for 14 years++ inside, or drive over you at 125 mph as you try and cross the road...............................

2685[/snapback]

They do have that annoying tendancy to detonate a bomb turning themselves and all around them into chunky salsa.

But apart from that you're right, they're lovely.

I think Rob might be on the same wavelength as me with current happenings but I don't want to say much because I think emotions are still running very high.

I remember how I was feeling after 9-11.

I think Rob might be on the same wavelength as me with current happenings but I don't want to say much because I think emotions are still running very high.

I remember how I was feeling after 9-11.

2695[/snapback]

Listen, you're either with us or against us. :razz:

2685[/snapback]

They do have that annoying tendancy to detonate a bomb turning themselves and all around them into chunky salsa.

But apart from that you're right, they're lovely.

2689[/snapback]

yeah but only a couple of times a year.................... the police are always here.........

Listen, you're either with us or against us. :razz:

2698[/snapback]

aye, last thing you need is a schizophrenic loyalist!

got that sent in a text yesterday, not as harsh as the one doing the rounds about it been so expensive to ride the tube it cost a.........

think it's a bit soon to be using them jokes like

Beauty salons in London have suffered a downturn in business lately.

Turns out police have started doing brazillians for free...

3931[/snapback]

Ouch! :icon_lol:

to be honest I've less and less faith in average joe, coppers have a tough job and the pedestrian folk don't make it any easier

got that sent in a text yesterday, not as harsh as the one doing the rounds about it been so expensive to ride the tube it cost a.........

think it's a bit soon to be using them jokes like

3938[/snapback]

That's not harsh, that's just shit.

feel bad for the guy who died, but you have to hope that this tragedy will stop further accidents happening and hopefully in some way contribute to getting closer to a solution on ground level to this problem before more innocent people are butchered by fanatics.

feel bad for the guy who died, but you have to hope that this tragedy will stop further accidents happening  and hopefully in some way contribute to getting closer to a solution on ground level to this problem before more innocent people are butchered by fanatics.

3967[/snapback]

How exactly?