One season to make me proud

Jimbo

Great. We have a new manager, who wants to bring in a new backroom staff and give us the organisation and structure we've been so sorely lacking. We potentially have a new owner. Both are keen on signing new players so the team will probably look a lot different to last year. We even have a new strip next season, even if it is shit.

And we're going to give the manager one year to get things right, or fuck off. It's nice to that despite all the changes, somethings will always be the same.

For fuck's sake.

I'm taking this "one year" crap with a pinch of salt, we have not had any credible direct quotes from Mike Ashley backing up this claim.

Well I'm going to fully believe this "one year" crap like the gullible sap I am, and what's more, spit my dummy out by writing a preachy post to moan about it.

:blink:

Great. We have a new manager, who wants to bring in a new backroom staff and give us the organisation and structure we've been so sorely lacking. We potentially have a new owner. Both are keen on signing new players so the team will probably look a lot different to last year. We even have a new strip next season, even if it is shit.

And we're going to give the manager one year to get things right, or fuck off. It's nice to that despite all the changes, somethings will always be the same.

For fuck's sake.

I'm taking this "one year" crap with a pinch of salt, we have not had any credible direct quotes from Mike Ashley backing up this claim.

Well I'm going to fully believe this "one year" crap like the gullible sap I am, and what's more, spit my dummy out by writing a preachy post to moan about it.

;)

:blink:

Believing nowt until i hear it from the horses mouth

Wise move wacky, the amount of speculation and ITK bullshit there is now, never mind when he takes over, is daft.

I'll believe it when it happens.

Is there really anything wrong with this? I'd imagine if Big Sam gets the players he wants in and finishes 6th (or at least comes close), he'll be safe. If however, he spends big and still only gets us to 9th or whatever, then what makes him any different to Souness or Roeder?

£270m over 5 years? £45m to spend on transfers this summer alone?! Christ, I've gotta admit I'm excited by all this, if it's true we could well be close to being a major force in English football - I knew all these years of torment and misery as a toon fan would pay off sooner or later! I suspect that we'll become the next hated team in the country though after Chelsea for buying success... but who gives a shit?! :blink:

Is there really anything wrong with this? I'd imagine if Big Sam gets the players he wants in and finishes 6th (or at least comes close), he'll be safe. If however, he spends big and still only gets us to 9th or whatever, then what makes him any different to Souness or Roeder?

Well Roeder and Souness gave us our two worst ever premiership finishes (both in terms of points and positions) I believe. 9th would be a significant improvement on 13th, especially if we pick up a lot more points, and I suppose depends how we do in the cups as well. However not qualifying for Europe for a second successive year, particularly if he does get all this money to spend would be a big disappointment.

looking at the players on our books i beleive if all were available more (i.e. fewer injuries) often then there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking at a top 8 finish.

if we bring in two class full backs and a centre back or 2 and a big man up front (like viduka) as well as a midfielder that can take the game by the scruff of the neck ten there is no reason we can't challenge for top 6 or 5th place.

i doubt very much whether we can break the top 4 stranglehold though in our first season.

looking at the players on our books i beleive if all were available more (i.e. fewer injuries) often then there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking at a top 8 finish.

if we bring in two class full backs and a centre back or 2 and a big man up front (like viduka) as well as a midfielder that can take the game by the scruff of the neck ten there is no reason we can't challenge for top 6 or 5th place.

i doubt very much whether we can break the top 4 stranglehold though in our first season.

I don't think we will full stop. If we get to where we were planning to, I suspect they'll start talking about the top 5 rather than the top 4.....

With the right aquisitions, decent management and a bit more luck with injuries there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking at 5th spot.

Agreed. When you consider that we're up against the likes of Everton, Spurs, Bolton & Blackburn we should be aiming for 5th position at the very least and that's without the aquisition of Allardyce or Ashley...

With the right aquisitions, decent management and a bit more luck with injuries there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking at 5th spot.

Agreed. When you consider that we're up against the likes of Everton, Spurs, Bolton & Blackburn we should be aiming for 5th position at the very least and that's without the aquisition of Allardyce or Ashley...

Have always agreed with that. The top 4 takes soemthing to break into, unless one of them has an off season. But beyond that everyone has been completely average at best, hence we've pissed away years where we shuld have walked it.

Next season could actually be harder as you have Spurs improving, Villa with O'neil and money, and waiting to see how Bolton are without Big Sam, but 5th is still there for the taking.