London unveils logo of 2012 Games

duckerDavies

I was thinking "Rasta giving head", but I'd cede ground to the Simpson Daughter angle, if for no other reason than to satiate pubescent desire. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as a base idea, i like the way the olympic rings were encorporated into the word London on this design - shame they couldn't have worked from that - it's simple, but effective

_43006855_james_wren_416.jpg

As someone said to me its clearly Lisa Simpson giving someone a blowjob..

Haha, aye it could be...... now someone just needs to get that fact mentioned on the 6 O'clock News. :lol:

as a base idea, i like the way the olympic rings were encorporated into the word London on this design - shame they couldn't have worked from that - it's simple, but effective

_43006855_james_wren_416.jpg

That's good

Am liking this one - very effective...

_43010067_richard_416.jpg

That's even better.

Is it not too late to change it due to public demand? I don't mind the one they've chosen but its not a patch on the 2012don one.

Although I like that logo a lot, would it have been not been equally disliked as the real one if it was released as the real one. '£40,000 for some handwriting' etc.

£400,000 tbf.

Although I like that logo a lot, would it have been not been equally disliked as the real one if it was released as the real one. '£40,000 for some handwriting' etc.

So instead we're paying £400K for the off-cuts of a kids' paper cutting exercise??? :D

It's simple but effective - encorporates the host city and year in one hit. Sometimes the best art is the most simple art.

I do like that logo as well, but I'm saying different logos seem to be treated differently when they're the 'official' one.

I would have just re-incorporated the candidate city logo, thought thatw as my very stylish.

So instead we're paying £400K for the off-cuts of a kids' paper cutting exercise??? :D

It's simple but effective - encorporates the host city and year in one hit. Sometimes the best art is the most simple art.

I think combining 2012 and London like that is ingenious. It could do with a bit of work on the surrounds to make it more inspiring, but they should base a new logo on this, rather than that hideous piece of crap they have presently.

Incidentally, I heard you can get 10-1 on the logo being replaced within a year. Worth a punt, surely?

Was scribbling down ideas for a logo today! I think the Union Jack can be quite easily adapted to form a running man with him arms up going through a tape. Difficult to describe on here just imagine a \/

-----

/\

with a head and a blue background (could be the sky) with the relevant white bits.

£400,000 please. ;)

Was scribbling down ideas for a logo today! I think the Union Jack can be quite easily adapted to form a running man with him arms up going through a tape. Difficult to describe on here just imagine a \/

-----

/\

with a head and a blue background (could be the sky) with the relevant white bits.

£400,000 please. ;)

What's the Union Jack got to do with it? Apart from the fact the entire UK is paying for London to get the benefits.

-----

/\

£400,000 please. ;)

What's the Union Jack got to do with it? Apart from the fact the entire UK is paying for London to get the benefits.

True, Londoners aren't British, I forgot. Maybe something incorporating the Polish, Lithuanian and Ghanaian flags...