Claim to fame

Guest alex

I had a party for my 30th birthday in Amsterdam. Sarah Cracknell was there and there was a photo of me and her partying it up in the 100th anniversary issue of Marie Claire which came out the next month

That's a good one.

been thinking about this.....met Shearer about 3 times, Shay Given bought me a drink , in Julies one night after I saved him (see what I did there) from a particularly nasty blonde lass, bought Gillespie a pint in the Quilted Camel one night when he was out with Gazza , his agent and sausage man as he had no money ( gambling days) and the rest wouldn't buy him one, after which we played pile on's and Gazza won :D (got the photos somewhere).....met Marty Pellow at some night club in town after a gig, we were in the VIP area before he came in and he went ape because we had drank all the champagne :lol: met Mick Hutchence (same scenario minus the champagne)....

My auntie married and divorced Jackie Milburn's son.

Kieron Dyer once hit me on the head with a bag of Doritos.

I talked to Steve Stone for hours at a party a few years ago. Sound guy, but couldn't take him seriously as it was 70s fancy dress and he'd done quite a job.

Not really very impressive taking into account some of the others in here. :lol:

I also seen Anthony Hutton in town last year I think it was, was standing outside greggs and he came up the alleyway on his mobile phone.

Ray, Guss (his name is something like that) and Scott stalked me and my mate around Manchester after the England vs Jamaica game*

*Ex BB "stars"

Guest stevieintoon

My main claim to fame is winning a game show on BBC1, thus flying to Thailand with my mates for two weeks, when I was 22.

Happy days.

Here's the villa we had just for us in Phuket for 11 days......

gallery8.jpg

Might look shite, but honest it was amazing, watched the toon beat Tranmere 3-2 in the FA Cup in there. So anyway now you know where your TV licence money goes.

Me a stone and a half agan jumping in the above pool.

worpool1td4.png

Edited by stevieintoon

My main claim to fame is winning a game show on BBC1, thus flying to Thailand with my mates for two weeks, when I was 22.

Happy days.

Might look shite, but honest it was amazing, watched the toon beat Tranmere 3-2 in the FA Cup in there. So anyway now you know where your TV licence money goes.

Wonder how many times that episode was bleeped :lol:

I dont really see how any of this beats being related to Captain Cook. Hes only one Consonant away from being Captain Hook tbh.

Cook made three voyages to the Pacific Ocean, achieving the first European contact with the eastern coastline of Australia, the European discovery of the Hawaiian Islands, the first mapping of Newfoundland and the first recorded circumnavigation of New Zealand.

475px-Captainjamescookportrait.jpg

I dont really see how any of this beats being related to Captain Cook. Hes only one Consonant away from being Captain Hook tbh.

Cook made three voyages to the Pacific Ocean, achieving the first European contact with the eastern coastline of Australia, the European discovery of the Hawaiian Islands, the first mapping of Newfoundland and the first recorded circumnavigation of New Zealand.

475px-Captainjamescookportrait.jpg

Ahh the old Ronaldinho style points something out on a map whilst looking the other way trick, best map reader of his era was that Cook!

OK!

Shook Jackie Milburn's hand when he visited the BBC Boys Club in Gateshead, late 40's.

Introduced to Peter Beardsly in Los Angeles by Robbie Willis who played on a youth team with him.

Stayed in a mountain cabin for a long weekend and Mike Mahoney, wife & daughter, were in the same cabin.

Very good friends with Jean Southern of Dirty Dusting, Harry Potter, Byker Grove, & Cookson movies.

Been to parties and friends with Bob McNab(Arsenal & England) Clyde Best(West Ham) Peter Wall(Liverpool,Crystal Palace) Mike Mahoney(Newcastle) Gerry Ingram(Blackpool,Preton, Bradford) Jimmy Hinch(York City, Tranmere, Sheff. Wed)

Introduced to Julie Andrews and her husband when they visited the boat company where I worked.

Introduced myself and shook the hand of Bobby Robson at SJP 5 days before he was fired......my fault????

Guest stevieintoon

Happy days.

Wonder how many times that episode was bleeped :lol:

Wasn't bleeped at all, but when one of the lasses won a task you can see me and one of my mates going "fuck" as the camera scanned across.

I nearly lost my task for cheating as well but I got away with it.

Edited by stevieintoon

I have scored a five a side goal against Jim Montgomery :lol: (very nice fella as is it happens), I am related to George Camsell (Boros top scorer), few other things - taught Yasser Arafats nephew, President Mubareks grandkids, Rodney Trotters brother and sister, went on the piss with Mani and Bobby Gillespie once - that was an amusing night too.

Used to stand and talk to Jackie Milburn with me dad outside the west stand at home games when I was a kid. didnt really realise the significance of who I was talking to tbh.

Happy days.

Wonder how many times that episode was bleeped :D

Wasn't bleeped at all, but when one of the lasses one a task you can see me and one my mates going "fuck" as the camera scanned across.

I nearly lost my task for cheating as well but I got away with it.

Quality :lol:

Guest stevieintoon

One I'd forgotten about, and it didn't really make me famous, but when I was about 9 or 10 I went to this bizarre thing called "The Boys Brigade" it was shite like, learning how to make cheese pasties - oh dear, but we got a canny trip to the Yorkshire Dales out of it. Anyway the daughter of Bobby Cowell used to run it, she must've been near her 50's herself, but Bobby had given her his three Cup Winners medals from 51, 52 and 55, and she brung them in this one night. We couldn't believe it when you're 10 year old and there's a Cup winners medal in your hand it's the best of moment of your life, especially as in 1988ish time the FA Cup still held its' magic.

To cut a long story short she let me loan one of them for one week, honestly I don't from which year it was from I didn't care but looking back I can't believe she did it, and I slept with it under my pillow for 7 nights, I was heart-broken when I have to give it back. I can't remember the old dears name, but it wasn't Mrs Cowell, because she married, but whatever it was I wish I could tell her now how happy she made me.

Edited by stevieintoon

One I'd forgotten about, and it didn't really make me famous, but when I was about 9 or 10 I went to this bizarre thing called "The Boys Brigade" it was shite like, learning how to make cheese pasties - oh dear, but we got a canny trip to the Yorkshire Dales out of it. Anyway the daughter of Bobby Cowell used to run it, she must've been near her 50's herself, but Bobby had given her his three Cup Winners medals from 51, 52 and 55, and she brung them in this one night. We couldn't believe it when you're 10 year old and there's a Cup winners medal in your hand it's the best of moment of your life, especially as in 1988ish time the FA Cup still held its' magic.

To cut a long story short she let me loan one of them for one week, honestly I don't from which year it was from I didn't care but looking back I can't believe she did it, and I slept with it under my pillow for 7 nights, I was heart-broken when I have to give it back. I can't remember the old dears name, but it wasn't Mrs Cowell, because she married, but whatever it was I wish I could tell her now how happy she made me.

*Cheesey radio presenters voice* Stevie, you just did...*Cheesey radio presenters voice*

Kevin Phillips mother worked at my old school and used to give the injections.

Edited by Magma

*Cheesey radio presenters voice* Stevie, you just did...*Cheesey radio presenters voice*

:lol: Funny I was actually reading that end bit with the "Our Tune" theme in my head.