I'm staying, vows Emre

Scottish Mag

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would happily replace him with Riquelme.

I think Riquelme would flop in England.

Possibly, maybe even likely. I'd still rather give Riquelme (who apparently is touted around Europe for 7m Euro) a try in the remote possibility of being successful than let Emre roll around at SJP.

Riquelme was class at SJP in the Champions League for Barca. I realise that being class against us doesn't mean he'll make it in the Premier League btw.

The players that have proven they are shite have mostly gone, :date: , those who have potential (yes, even Luque) are still here and Emre certainly could be motivated into a very creative and useful midfielder. I'm happy he's staying and hope he gets the chance to show some flair. There is potentially a good squad shaping up, those who have the ability should be given 6 months under the new regime before we round them up, put them in a field, and bomb the bastards! :huh:

Not too bothered about this news, we still need a physical presence in midfield even with the addition of Barton we are not the tallest in the midfield department (most of them could shelter from all this rain we are having under mushrooms!!) I think Big Sam will bring in another midfielder before the start of the season who will be over the 6 ft mark.

riquelme would i think be a great addition, but he works better in the leagues where they employ proper playmakers ( in our league it would be a case of probably employing a . has no real pace but thats not a problem, as his passing and vision ( something i wish emre had) are still world class.

doubt he'd come here though!

If Emre is given license to express himself as a creative playmaker like he was at Galatasaray and for his Turkey team at World Cup then he will come good because he is without a shadow of a doubt, quality. I trust Sam will use his talents in the right way much like he did with Okocha and not as a defensive midfielder or supporting forward as Roeder tried last season....

If Emre is given license to express himself as a creative playmaker like he was at Galatasaray and for his Turkey team at World Cup then he will come good because he is without a shadow of a doubt, quality. I trust Sam will use his talents in the right way much like he did with Okocha and not as a defensive midfielder or supporting forward as Roeder tried last season....

I think there's a bit of doubt to be fair.

Yep, the World Cup 5 years ago. Shame that he has mostly been useless afterwards...

Yep, the World Cup 5 years ago. Shame that he has mostly been useless afterwards...

Don't you like Emre then mate? You've kept that to yourself...

Don't you like Emre then mate? You've kept that to yourself...

;)

Really? I should post it more often then. :blink: