Hammers join Wanderers in Zog chase

Offshore Toon

Alan Curbishley is fighting it out with Bolton Wanderers' rookie boss Sammy Lee for the signature of impressive Newcastle United starlet Charles N'Zogbia.

The French utility player, who played all along the left side for the Magpies last season, is unsettled at St James' Park after the club stalled on offering him a new deal and Curbishley is keen to sign him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1779&ct=5

Alan Curbishley is fighting it out with Bolton Wanderers' rookie boss Sammy Lee for the signature of impressive Newcastle United starlet Charles N'Zogbia.

The French utility player, who played all along the left side for the Magpies last season, is unsettled at St James' Park after the club stalled on offering him a new deal and Curbishley is keen to sign him.

Fuck off, wasn't this all settled last season?

You mean like the takeover that the Daily Mail announced in January. :icon_lol:

You mean like the takeover that the Daily Mail announced in January. :icon_lol:

But that was the Shepheard/Roeder period, not the new order where everything is rosie.

Couldn't really care less tbh, another player who is massively over-rated by some people.

If he doesn't want to play for us, he can piss off tbh

While I've always rated him as one with big potential I have to agree with you with you there.

Couldn't really care less tbh, another player who is massively over-rated by some people.

While I've always rated him as one with big potential I have to agree with you with you there.

French mercenary who thinks he's better than he is.....we've never seen that before up here

We can't take that attitude with players if we want to succeed. Chances are in the next few years that we're going to start seeing more big names and prima donnas at the club and are going to have to learn how to keep them all happy. What we need to do is find out why N'Zogbia is unhappy and see if we can sort it out, I'm not talking about pandering to his every wish but at least trying to rectify the situation rather than starting into the "If he doesn't want to play for us, he can piss off tbh" shit.

We can't take that attitude with players if we want to succeed. Chances are in the next few years that we're going to start seeing more big names and prima donnas at the club and are going to have to learn how to keep them all happy. What we need to do is find out why N'Zogbia is unhappy and see if we can sort it out, I'm not talking about pandering to his every wish but at least trying to rectify the situation rather than starting into the "If he doesn't want to play for us, he can piss off tbh" shit.

I'm all for keeping players happy who are worth it.

N'Zogbia has done nothing to earn any special treatment and consideration so far in his career.

I'm not sure we're in a position to let too many more of our current squad leave, unless there's already moves in place to replace them. And there's a good few I'd like to shot of before a youngster with a good deal of potential.

I'm all for keeping players happy who are worth it.

N'Zogbia has done nothing to earn any special treatment and consideration so far in his career.

Well, having a very talented player at your disposal is reason enough tbh.

from .cock

SAM Allardyce has told Premier League rivals that Charles N'Zogbia is going nowhere - and he wants the young Frenchman to grasp the opportunity of a first team place in 2007/08.

The Frenchman had a sparkling 2005/06 campaign, but injuries played a part in preventing him from recapturing that form last term.

The summer has seen N'Zogbia's name featuring in tabloid transfer speculation, but Big Sam believes the player's future is at St. James' Park.

Speaking in a four-part Newcastle World exclusive from the training ground, the boss said of the reports: "It's news to me.

"Speculation is rife and as always there's a lot of speculation around Newcastle United.

"We don't want any players to be leaving the football club because it's a growing team and a growing squad we need to build. I'm still short of probably four defenders so why would I want to go and sell a forward player and then have another problem replacing him.

"For me Charles is a fantastic young player and he's got a great opportunity to improve his ability and improve his skills and take a regular place in Newcastle United's first team.

"We've already brought in four players in and to get another four means eight and that is a massive task for any football club in any part of any season, certainly in the summer, so to sell one and start bringing in others makes life even more difficult."

from .cock

"We've already brought in four players in and to get another four means eight and that is a massive task for any football club in any part of any season, certainly in the summer, so to sell one and start bringing in others makes life even more difficult."

As opposed to the January transfer window? :jesuswept:

from .cock

As opposed to the January transfer window? :jesuswept:

Oh well, he's started babbling utter rubbish, I suppose it was only a matter of time. Must be something in the water at St James, possibly connected to proximity to the brewery.

Guest Patrokles

French mercenary who thinks he's better than he is.....we've never seen that before up here

A tree in the

the garden.

Guest stevieintoon

I hope he stays and knuckles down, because he's potentially a superb asset for the future.

Regarding West Ham, they're going to be dangerous in the transfer market due to the utterly ridiculous salaries they're paying. I mean £75,000 a week for Lucas Neill - oh dear. They'll pay anyone who has a hole in their arse and can kick a ball £20,000 a week by the looks of things.

Edited by stevieintoon