José Enrique

Baggio

The crack in the local press was he was going to run down his contract which obviously means in actually fact that the club was worried he was going to do that so got Thompson House to express that worry on their behalf. Given players in his position hold all the cards one can only assume he wanted to leave to further his ambitions but did so now and, in the process, allowed the club to get a fee for him. Only a moron (or a high-functioning austistic like Polish Nick or Phil) would expect him to hand in a transfer request which would put any potential loyalty bonus into Ashley's back pocket.

All very true, but he could have made his position clearer to the club without making it formal. Lord knows Barton's tweeted Bosman enough times. My understanding is Jose's representatives just stone walled the club.

Given his role in the whole affair, i find it somewhat hard to hear him question why the club havent replaced him. Sure the club drag their feet, but he's not helped.

Lee Ryder? :D

Jose's a c**t, I lost all respect for the guy. He wanted to leave but didnt have the balls to hand in a transfer request. He's got a cheek saying we havent replaced him. Maybe if he didn't mess us around, we'd be better sorted.

He's half the full back baye was, so no big loss imo, massively over rated by most. Aly Cissokho is loads better, not that i think we'd get him. I'll wait to see who comes in by Sept 1st before i make my mind up on it.

Wrong on so many levels its frightening!

He's not a cunt he's a guy with the intellignece to see we're run by cunts who will fuck this club up and never achieve anything so he joined a club at leats havign a go at doing something. He diddn't need to hand in a request, it was obvious to anyone with a brain he was leaving and even if he stayed we needed another LB in anyway so theres no excuse at all for not havign replaced him before he was gone. Him 'messing us round' has fuck all to do with the club niot having replaced him and if you think it is you must be the sort of mong who swallow what ashley and derek come out with.

And finally i'm a big fan of Beye and wish he'd never left but if you think Enrique isn't half the player Beye was then you're an idiot, plain and simple, they were both class but Beye was at the end of his career and has done exactly fuck all at Villa whilst Enrique will go on to storm it at the wall pushers and play for Spain as soon as they wake up to how good he is.

He didn't hand in a transfer request, so he's a c**t, end of. Put a bow on it and blame Ashley all you want, but he messed our club around.

As for Beye, Enrique only had last season in the Prem where he's showed any quality and in case you missed it, he was gash from Jan onwards. So aye Beye was twice the player. No wonder we get labeled deluded - couple of good games and you'll happily rewrite history.

Ah the classic sign of the idiot, using the phrase "end of" as if it means anything to finish an argument of yours that is complete bollocks, great stuff. So Enrrique (according to you) had 1 good season in the prem and is gash, whereas Beye has had loads of years in the prem has he, no wait he hasn't at all!

And Enrique to those who can spot a good player showed what he could do from day one, he was just a bit more inconsistent and in and out of the team which never works when you try to settle into the team, but he was clearly class, he then destroyed the championship and carried it on in the prem. And even in the time from Jan on he was still good, opinion was just divided on whether he was giving everything or not.

As for being deluded, you say he had a "couple of good games" thats arguably the stupidest thing ive read on here and this forum has Christmas tree and mackems so well done on that!

You've missed my ONLY point. Jose messed the club around. There's no debate to have, its a fact. Maybe that's ok with you, I dont particularly like it.

I have no interest in discussing Jose vs Beye. I know which i prefer. I was making the point we've had better full backs and their are better available.

He messed the club around by not handing in a transfer request? Fuck off man

He stone walled the club and ran them a merry dance. So you'll have to forgive my position.

Phil, how do you know he stone-walled the club? Fair enough if you think he did, but you've absolutely no proof that's what he did. It's a nice soundbite but that's all.

Edited by alex

Incidentally, he was offered a new contract and reputedly turned it down, if we're believing everything that was said. What more indication did the club need that he was leaving? Given that was a while ago and they've had plenty time to line-up a replacement. The whole 'an offer is on the table' bollocks is just them buying time in order to convince some of the more naive Ashley apologists that the club is the wronged party here. Sadly, it works as well. As evidenced here.

Jose's a c**t, I lost all respect for the guy. He wanted to leave but didnt have the balls to hand in a transfer request. He's got a cheek saying we havent replaced him. Maybe if he didn't mess us around, we'd be better sorted.

He's half the full back baye was, so no big loss imo, massively over rated by most. Aly Cissokho is loads better, not that i think we'd get him. I'll wait to see who comes in by Sept 1st before i make my mind up on it.

Wrong on so many levels its frightening!

He's not a cunt he's a guy with the intellignece to see we're run by cunts who will fuck this club up and never achieve anything so he joined a club at leats havign a go at doing something. He diddn't need to hand in a request, it was obvious to anyone with a brain he was leaving and even if he stayed we needed another LB in anyway so theres no excuse at all for not havign replaced him before he was gone. Him 'messing us round' has fuck all to do with the club niot having replaced him and if you think it is you must be the sort of mong who swallow what ashley and derek come out with.

And finally i'm a big fan of Beye and wish he'd never left but if you think Enrique isn't half the player Beye was then you're an idiot, plain and simple, they were both class but Beye was at the end of his career and has done exactly fuck all at Villa whilst Enrique will go on to storm it at the wall pushers and play for Spain as soon as they wake up to how good he is.

He didn't hand in a transfer request, so he's a c**t, end of. Put a bow on it and blame Ashley all you want, but he messed our club around.

As for Beye, Enrique only had last season in the Prem where he's showed any quality and in case you missed it, he was gash from Jan onwards. So aye Beye was twice the player. No wonder we get labeled deluded - couple of good games and you'll happily rewrite history.

Ah the classic sign of the idiot, using the phrase "end of" as if it means anything to finish an argument of yours that is complete bollocks, great stuff. So Enrrique (according to you) had 1 good season in the prem and is gash, whereas Beye has had loads of years in the prem has he, no wait he hasn't at all!

And Enrique to those who can spot a good player showed what he could do from day one, he was just a bit more inconsistent and in and out of the team which never works when you try to settle into the team, but he was clearly class, he then destroyed the championship and carried it on in the prem. And even in the time from Jan on he was still good, opinion was just divided on whether he was giving everything or not.

As for being deluded, you say he had a "couple of good games" thats arguably the stupidest thing ive read on here and this forum has Christmas tree and mackems so well done on that!

You've missed my ONLY point. Jose messed the club around. There's no debate to have, its a fact. Maybe that's ok with you, I dont particularly like it.

I have no interest in discussing Jose vs Beye. I know which i prefer. I was making the point we've had better full backs and their are better available.

He messed the club around by not handing in a transfer request? Fuck off man

He stone walled the club and ran them a merry dance. So you'll have to forgive my position.

Tbh I think it was more of a case of the club stone-walling ambition, then we wouldnt have been in that position of Enrique leaving

Incidentally, he was offered a new contract and reputedly turned it down, if we're believing everything that was said. What more indication did the club need that he was leaving? Given that was a while ago and they've had plenty time to line-up a replacement. The whole 'an offer is on the table' bollocks is just them buying time in order to convince some of the more naive Ashley apologists that the club is the wronged party here. Sadly, it works as well. As evidenced here.

indeed it does.

The reliable rumour doing the rounds with the bin dippers is his transfer to the red scouse cunts was agreed as part of the Carroll deal.

So forget the fact they've know he was going for this transfer window - if the rumours are to believed then the club has known since last January!

The reliable rumour doing the rounds with the bin dippers is his transfer to the red scouse cunts was agreed as part of the Carroll deal.

So forget the fact they've know he was going for this transfer window - if the rumours are to believed then the club has known since last January!

If it was a done deal last Jan (and assuming that deal was to his satisfaction), it makes little sense for him to have been bitching over Twitter this summer. You'd just be sat tight with your bags packed. Doesn't really stack up for me that one.

If it was a done deal last Jan (and assuming that deal was to his satisfaction), it makes little sense for him to have been bitching over Twitter this summer. You'd just be sat tight with your bags packed. Doesn't really stack up for me that one.

Yeah I don't get it either. Surely LFC would have wanted him in for pre-season if it was a done deal?

Yeah I don't get it either. Surely LFC would have wanted him in for pre-season if it was a done deal?

Yeah wasn't that around the same time as Phil Thompson told the world and his wife it was "a done deal"?

Fuckin gutted he left, but the only loyalty in football comes from the fans. Its incredibly rare nowadays for any show of loyalty from players; the rewards for moving are huge and greedy parasitic agents earn thier money from players moving on. I wouldnt bare too many grudges about him tbh, he's admitted that he basically left for a more ambitious club and who can argue with that? Expecting loyalty from gifted indivduals who have a short time scale to have a worthwhile and fulfulling career is a bit pointless tbh.

That's not to make excuses for the club either. Fwiw I think they genuinely wanted to keep hold of him (ie it wasn't that they were looking to make a transfer fee 'profit' out of him), but it was always entirely unrealistic to think they could given that his new package would only have seen him (again I assume) in line with Tiote, when he could have got more elsewhere. All parties knew this so the fact it was an utterly unrealistic hope means the club should have had replacements lined up as they were basically on notice of the need to replace him for ages.

Yeah wasn't that around the same time as Phil Thompson told the world and his wife it was "a done deal"?

Fuckin gutted he left, but the only loyalty in football comes from the fans. Its incredibly rare nowadays for any show of loyalty from players; the rewards for moving are huge and greedy parasitic agents earn thier money from players moving on. I wouldnt bare too many grudges about him tbh, he's admitted that he basically left for a more ambitious club and who can argue with that? Expecting loyalty from gifted indivduals who have a short time scale to have a worthwhile and fulfulling career is a bit pointless tbh.

I would guess Phil Thompson will be incentivised to exaggerate/talk shite by his various employers tbh. Looks great if you can say you've got the inside track on a club like Liverpool-you'll certainly never be out of work anyway. I don't doubt Dalglish would have mentioned he was after him though.

That's not to make excuses for the club either. Fwiw I think they genuinely wanted to keep hold of him (ie it wasn't that they were looking to make a transfer fee 'profit' out of him), but it was always entirely unrealistic to think they could given that his new package would only have seen him (again I assume) in line with Tiote, when he could have got more elsewhere. All parties knew this so the fact it was an utterly unrealistic hope means the club should have had replacements lined up as they were basically on notice of the need to replace him for ages.

I can't work this one out tbh. It must have been obvious Enrique was determined to leave, and if the club was adamant they weren't going to increase their offer, then there was zero chance he would sign. So why didn't we have this sorted ages ago? The only things I can think of is that we've put it off as long as possible to save wages or - more likely - they wanted the sale to go through first as otherwise the money wasn't there for a transfer fee. It seems a risky way to do things to me - surely better to get the replacement in then sell the wantaway player?

I said on here back in january that this transfer was part of the Carroll deal but they couldn't quite get enough money at the time.

Wake up.

they have known that Enrique wanted to go to Liverpool, and they have known they would be back in when they got the money.

I said on here back in january that this transfer was part of the Carroll deal but they couldn't quite get enough money at the time.

Wake up.

Yeah but you haven't got a clue, that's well established now via other predictions/hypotheses you've floated. Similarly there's no actual proof of what you claim above.

Bit late of me, but Happy New Year btw.

That makes fuck all sense either since they managed to find £40m for Adams, Downing and Henderson before signing Enrique. If they were waiting to put pressure on the deal then it wasn't a done deal.

Why not ? Maybe they are spending sponsorship money "before they have it" ... or something ?

They also prioritised, maybe he wanted Henderson and Downing more than he wanted a left back ?

That makes fuck all sense either since they managed to find £40m for Adams, Downing and Henderson before signing Enrique. If they were waiting to put pressure on the deal then it wasn't a done deal.

First thing to remember is to never ever look for any evidence of a logical thought process in Leazes' output.

Why not ? Maybe they are spending sponsorship money "before they have it" ... or something ?

They also prioritised, maybe he wanted Henderson and Downing more than he wanted a left back ?

Cake-and-eat-it-time. At least it only took two posts I spose :D

Wake up.

Yeah but you haven't got a clue, that's well established now via other predictions/hypotheses you've floated. Similarly there's no actual proof of what you claim above.

do you always call people who correctly told you that Mike Ashley would never match the Halls and Shepherd and take the club backwards "clueless" when you disagree :D :D

Fact is smartarse, I said this on this very site back in January. And YOU are getting your head up your arse again :rolleyes:

Wake up.

do you always call people who correctly told you that Mike Ashley would never match the Halls and Shepherd and take the club backwards "clueless" when you disagree :D :D

Fact is smartarse, I said this on this very site back in January. And YOU are getting your head up your arse again :rolleyes:

...and Shepherd vs Ashley within three posts. Tick.

*Yawn*