José Enrique

Baggio

if we get 35m, happy days.

Christ.

No player sale, whatever the fee, has ever been as good as even the worst Newcastle goal.

Is it a thing amongst people who don't go to games to get as much pleasure from the accounts looking good or a bore hole being fitted or is it just a collective wum?

Cheer the fuck up man! 20 hours til kick off!

YAY!! IT'S HERE!! CHRISTMAS TREE'S BIG DAY OUT!!

Can we have ice cream for breakfast, mummy? Oh, can we?

OMG OMG OMG FOOTY TIME!

:lol: I can actually picture you in those shorts and knees actually saying that.

Craig sums it up from an emotional perspective very well but football is only part run on emotion these days, finance is now unfortunately the dominant factor. As we have been loss making for several seasons now, it's very childish to expect us not to have to deal with this reality. Personally i'd have done it differently but essentially what is being complained about is the difference between having the ambition to get 6th place (which is a tad 'optimistic' in the circumstances we are currently in) and an ambition to be in the top 10, which we have. For those of you for which football is a matter of life and death, those 4 places of ambition are clearly hard to bear. I'm a bit more philosophical about them and will be relatively happy if Pieters comes in and we get another striker. I fear we wont do this (Gemmill called it last week) but for some reason am hopeful/confident we will for now.

For anyone who understands the ceiling imposed by foreign wealth in the premiership and who looks at where Sunderland and Villa spent and finished last season, the ambition that Craig talks of also has a strong chance of weakening the club not strengthening it.

Put Ben Arfa and the 2 new signings under discussion into today's match day squad and I'd be excited about any game coming up. Let's see if it happens but if the 2 positions are addressed it would change the complexion of things quite a bit imo.

Craig sums it up from an emotional perspective very well but football is only part run on emotion these days, finance is now unfortunately the dominant factor. As we have been loss making for several seasons now, it's very childish to expect us not to have to deal with this reality. Personally i'd have done it differently but essentially what is being complained about is the difference between having the ambition to get 6th place (which is a tad 'optimistic' in the circumstances we are currently in) and an ambition to be in the top 10, which we have. For those of you for which football is a matter of life and death, those 4 places of ambition are clearly hard to bear. I'm a bit more philosophical about them and will be relatively happy if Pieters comes in and we get another striker. I fear we wont do this (Gemmill called it last week) but for some reason am hopeful/confident we will for now.

For anyone who understands the ceiling imposed by foreign wealth in the premiership and who looks at where Sunderland and Villa spent and finished last season, the ambition that Craig talks of also has a strong chance of weakening the club not strengthening it.

Put Ben Arfa and the 2 new signings under discussion into today's match day squad and I'd be excited about any game coming up. Let's see if it happens but if the 2 positions are addressed it would change the complexion of things quite a bit imo.

The problem is 50,000 go to the game to forget austerity and fiscal responsibility. They blow half their dole on a ticket and the other half on a few pints. They'll never approve of £35m that landed in our lap being used to pay for anything but a better squad.

What's makes me laugh is this collective re-writing of history.

We've been shit for the last 60 years bar a very small relative period of near success.

We were very lucky that a number of things came together at a period of massive wealth coming into the game.

Unfortunately we were like lottery winners who had some great times but basically fucked up the opportunity handed to us.

That's where our opportunity was lost.....

But hey we've been here so many times haven't we.......

Fuck the Vera lynn shit for today, fuck the newsnight analysis.......today's matchday and all that matters is the 11 warriors fighting the battle on my behalf.

TEAM POSITIVE......! AWAY!! Duh Du du du du duuuuh!

We've been shit for the last 60 years bar a very small relative period of near success.

We were very lucky that a number of things came together at a period of massive wealth coming into the game.

Unfortunately we were like lottery winners who had some great times but basically fucked up the opportunity handed to us.

Fuck the Vera lynn shit for today, fuck the newsnight analysis.......today's matchday and all that matters is the 11 warriors fighting the battle on my behalf.

3 fa cups and the UEFA :lol:

Like a thousand drunken dads dancing at a wedding rolled into one post.

:lol: Bet he's already been shouting "toon toon" from bed, trying to get a callback from his daughter.

When I say Newcy, you say broon!

"Newcy"

Fuck off dad.

"Newc....oh."

:lol: I think that post sums you up. Fuck the real issues, you're off to the pub at 5 to watch the game. BRILLIANT.

:lol: I think that post sums you up. Fuck the real issues, you're off to the pub at 5 to watch the game. BRILLIANT.

How dare you. He's at the match today. Some poor twat is gonna be sat next to this.

Regarding Beresford: Weren't there issues as to his fitness (as far as Liverpool were concerned)? His knee or summat? Keegan nipped in and signed him as Liverpool dithered. Something like that.

Good knowledge. He actually agreed terms with the WP but failed his medical cos of concerns about his knee.

Aye you're spot on about Beresford. Liverpool agreed terms with him but pissed about with his medical so Keegan jumped in. At the time Pompey had narrowly missed out on promotion to the Premier League and got within a penalty kick of the FA Cup Final (ironically missed by Beresford vs Liverpool) and we had narrowly missed out on a drop into the third tier.

He was attracting interest from the division above but chose to come to us having being sold the ambition.

Father and son dressed identically.

At least we can carry off shorts :happygirl:

is he as optimistic about the football club as you

Thankfully Leazes he's too young to know the crosses us toon fans must bear. :happygirl:

:lol:

is he as optimistic about the football club as you

Thankfully Leazes he's too young to know the crosses us toon fans must bear. :lol:

And you're too stupid, so the answer to that question is a 'yes'.