Newcastle United Vs Sampdoria

Jimbo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles
Not a bad game, I think we can learn some lessons from it.

Plus Points.

Smith`s attitude and all round play capped by a goal, Kieron who??

Rozey looks solid, he can head and put in a tackle

Taylor did ok, no thanks to Fatty Carr

Butt looked solid

Geremi has been my man of pre-season(except his free kicks)

The smiling Enrique in the stands looking to sign tonight

BS on his mobile for 90 mins, hopefully arranging more transfers

Zoggy when played left side mid

Minus Points

Zoggy at LB

Carr still at RB

Martins cannot play on the right, still has no first touch and cant score from 1 yard, £14m Mr Wenger?

Ameobi should be flogged now if we are seriously going for top six

Lack of LB

Injury to Shay

Luque not getting on

Overall we looked good, won and kept a clean sheet. If BS is going 4-3-3 next week I hope Oba`s not on the right, he looked shite there.

:icon_lol:

Guest Patrokles
I thought Martins was busy and gave it 100% bit unlucky at times like. Shola seemed to get off on the right foot, winning alot in the air then 10mins in he looked knackered and went back to his usual self.

Preferred Smith in midfield compared to upfront and was good with him and Geremi. Agree that Rozenhal looks nice and composed, tidy player.

Any idea why given went off though?

Martins was awful, I thought.

Also I think today shows that we need to be lining up with Cacapa and Rozenhal over Taylor, as much for the fact that his distribution is piss-poor as anything. He just hoofs it long every time.

I would imagine it will be a couple of weeks before we see Cacapa, he's not fit yet, not overly worried though, Tayls might have his faults but he's certainly not a name I would fret at seeing in the starting line up.

Agree Oba was poor today, usual poor touch, but maybe it was to do with being shifted out to the right.

As for Beresford on commentary - NO THANKS!

I was reg'd on there a while ago, thought they got stopped from making torrents of games?

They definitely got raided at some point... and the userbase was deleted I guess. Don't know what happened after that, as it was impossible to register. All of a sudden last week you could sign up again, weird. I guess they have just decided to ignore any warning :icon_lol:

I'm loving the look of Smith in a Newcastle shirt.

Dare I say it he reminds me (particularly when he got back to the centre circle and was encouraging the others) very much of a certain welshman who used to play for us...

The fella is better though IMO :icon_lol:

Guest Patrokles

Dare I say it he reminds me (particularly when he got back to the centre circle and was encouraging the others) very much of a certain welshman who used to play for us...

Ian Rush?

Ian Rush?

Was good to see a player fired up for a friendly though! Looked like he shouted "Get the fucking ball back" or something like that, but anyway he looked well up for it.

Guest Patrokles

Ian Rush?

Was good to see a player fired up for a friendly though! Looked like he shouted "Get the fucking ball back" or something like that, but anyway he looked well up for it.

His language was apalling throughout! I think he might have been saying something like 'great fucking ball!' after the goal, though.

Edited by Patrokles

Though Viduka wasn't great, and was outshone by Smith today, it was good to have a forward with some strength controlling the ball with a touch, holding onto it and laying it off.

He is fat though.

Though Viduka wasn't great, and was outshone by Smith today, it was good to have a forward with some strength controlling the ball with a touch, holding onto it and laying it off.

He is fat though.

I was pleased to have someone who can operate with their back to goal and hold the ball up. Felt we missed that last year.