Newcastle United Vs Sampdoria

Jimbo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His reaction to the offside goal was priceless.

3 or 4 times you could see him shout 'FUCK OFF' at the linesman :icon_lol:

I don't want to see that from any of our players tbh.

I think it shows grit and determination and the fact he cares about scoring a goal so much in a friendly gives me the impression he's up for the fight this season.

I think it shows grit and determination and the fact he cares about scoring a goal so much in a friendly gives me the impression he's up for the fight this season.

Quoted for truth.

Quoted for truth.

Aye but wasn't the head ref on telly last week saying that foul language was something that would be cracked down on this season.

It shows a lack of respect and an inability to control aggression imo.

I think you're making too much of it because you don't rate him.

I think you're making too much of it because you don't rate him.

I'm not making a big deal out of it, it happens and I don't like to see it, I'm not saying he shouldn't be playing for us just because he mouths off to a linesman.

Guest Patrokles
Dull game. The 'ultras' were an embarrassment. Sounded like the back of a school bus. Milner was poor. Geremi was very good. Rozehnal looks decent though.

I thought Milner was pretty good. He was handicapped significantly by N'Zogbia's showing at left-back.

Guest Patrokles

Given the display of that linesman, why should he be respected by default?

The lack of self-control point is laughable too.

Edited by Patrokles

Dull game. The 'ultras' were an embarrassment. Sounded like the back of a school bus. Milner was poor. Geremi was very good. Rozehnal looks decent though.

I thought Milner was pretty good. He was handicapped significantly by N'Zogbia's showing at left-back.

Aye, N'Zogbia kept giving the ball away. Hopefull he'll just be used there as a last resort with this Spanish lad arriving, although I think he could do a job there with practice.

He didn't give the wrong decision on purpose, did he? Telling him repeatedly to 'fuck off' is not going to get him to change his decision and in a competitive game should have led to a red card.

He didn't give the wrong decision on purpose, did he? Telling him repeatedly to 'fuck off' is not going to get him to change his decision and in a competitive game should have led to a red card.

Technically you're right but in practice that rarely happens.

Technically you're right but in practice that rarely happens.

That's an explanation but not a justification tbh. Of course it does happen (as do handballs, fouls etc.), but it is not something I like to see from players and I certainly don't see any reason to even praise it. Let it happen in a competitive match and the player can't have any complaints about a booking or even a sending off.

I'm just saying that as far as the rules go foul and abusive language is a red card iirc but red cards are rarely given for it. It would be good if it was stamped out imo and players should generally show the referees more respect as they do in Rugby where no back chat is allowed. At the same time I can understand Smith's reaction.

You can understand it happening in frustration and personally it doesn't bother me. But, it shouldn't happen. Imagine if it started happening in other sports as regularly. Part of footballs problem is the lack of player discipline (some would argue due to their perceived elevated status). But, in a friendly when so many parents take their kids, its not really what you'd want or more so want your kids to see.

I'm interested to see how Brock's favourite FM player Foti performs.

He's like an italian Peter Crouch. Only can't stay on his feet.

Really enjoyed that game, Samp are me fave italian team (despite the theatrics from Delvecchio et all) so was good to see them play.

Rozenhal was very solid throughout, as was Geremi. Some good link-up play from Viduka as well. Smith looked really up for the game and was good to see him score.

The linesman was shockingly poor, as was the referee's failure to book Ziegler for persistant diving and generally being a cheating shite. But it's only a friendly I guess.

As for swearing, I think to a certain extent it's fine in cases where a player is caught up in the game and is passionate, so the odd expletive should be overlooked. But if a player overdoes it then by all means, send him off.