Alan Smith

Dr Gloom

Yes indeed, because the lad's scored 24 goals in his last SEVEN seasons

how many appearance up front then? :icon_lol:

tbf though, that's not the best return even from midfield which is where it seems he's going to playing for us.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes another Duff, Parker etc. A player from a big club going for a cheap price and newcastle wanting to show we are the best of the rest in the league, sign him.

BS is doing a good job as manager so far but hes not faultless. Hes playing 4 CMs acorss the middle in most games, leaving out our top scorer for no apparent reason and against derby when we were chasing the game he brought on a RB and CB.

Butt, Geremi and Smith in Midfield is one of the least creative partnerships in the league, and thats been proven over 2 months now. Time to sort it out whilst we are in touching distance of the top 4 still.

Awful midfielder, average striker.

£6 million which could have been spent on a proper replacement for Dyer, someone with pace who can stretch games and create space for others, at least he gets stuck in though which will no doubt keep some people happy.

Jury's out for me. I dunno if my leniency is down to something I can't quite place that I like about him, or the fact that he, along with many others at the club are new faces and it will take time to bed everyone in.

Not altogether sure why we bought him given our other buys over the summer. Time will tell and I'm not prepared to get on anyone's back just get.

Jury's out for me. I dunno if my leniency is down to something I can't quite place that I like about him, or the fact that he, along with many others at the club are new faces and it will take time to bed everyone in.

Not altogether sure why we bought him given our other buys over the summer. Time will tell and I'm not prepared to get on anyone's back just get.

Freak what you doing on here then? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

£6 million which could have been spent on a proper replacement for Dyer, someone with pace who can stretch games and create space for others, at least he gets stuck in though which will no doubt keep some people happy.

Why are you obsessed with money? Dyer has got nothing to do with Smith being here.

Why are you obsessed with money? Dyer has got nothing to do with Smith being here.

Well considering we accepted a bid for Dyer and Allardyce came out that very night and said his replacement would be unveiled the next day which is when we unveiled Smith, I'd say Dyer leaving has everything to do with Smith being here as it's his replacement.

Well considering we accepted a bid for Dyer and Allardyce came out that very night and said his replacement would be unveiled the next day which is when we unveiled Smith, I'd say Dyer leaving has everything to do with Smith being here as it's his replacement.

Was this the first time we got rid of Dyer, or the second? If the first, did we stall the Smith deal until Dyer left?

Was this the first time we got rid of Dyer, or the second? If the first, did we stall the Smith deal until Dyer left?

The Dyer deal stalled but Smith still would have been his replacement that Allardyce spoke about, no?

The Dyer deal stalled but Smith still would have been his replacement that Allardyce spoke about, no?

As in a replacement for a position, not a transfer dependant on money. Allardyce took the view Smith was a replacement for Dyer, money had nothing to do with it.

As in a replacement for a position, not a transfer dependant on money. Allardyce took the view Smith was a replacement for Dyer, money had nothing to do with it.

So you agree that Smith was a replacement for Dyer yet you can't see what money has to do with it when I say the money spent on Smith was wasted as we should have bought better?

Debating with you is hard work, Rico.

So you agree that Smith was a replacement for Dyer yet you can't see what money has to do with it when I say the money spent on Smith was wasted as we should have bought better?

Debating with you is hard work, Rico.

I'm just wondering why you always bring money into it when it's clearly not an issue It's not like Sam would have gone and got Hargreaves instead, but got Smith because he was strapped for cash?

When were out of midfielder's than all of yous will turn to Smith and admit that after all he wasn't a bad signing.

Matt's going to have a nervous breakdown when he sees this post.