WaYNe Rooney

duckerDavies

Rooney is a great player, but shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Messi or Kaka in my opinion.

Oh aye for sure, but does Kaka and Messi (not seen much of the latter tbh) graft when the team needs it? Rooney does thats for sure.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

class on his day but he's definitely overrated by the english press because he's english. his technical ability is nowhere near the likes of kaka, messi or ronaldinho.

Great player in the wrong system imo

Aye that Alex Ferguson is clueless :lol:

I don't think they do make the most of him though.

I know what Ritchie is trying to say, but you could also add Alan Smith's name to the argument.

What is the best of him though? I have seen him play through club and country as a lone striker, a support striker and playing from a wide position (in a forward three for example).

Again I will state that yes indeed he is a great player and him being a key player, regardless of how many goals etc he has scored, for both club and the English champions kinds blows out the water any arguments that he is not a top player.

However I question as to regardless where he plays, if he is not at his very best, why there are always camps declaring hes being played out of position almost as a defence mechanism. I have seen it said for each of those I posted. I am now lost as to what his best position this is, at this rate maybe he should be playing right back.

What is the best of him though? I have seen him play through club and country as a lone striker, a support striker and playing from a wide position (in a forward three for example).

Again I will state that yes indeed he is a great player and him being a key player, regardless of how many goals etc he has scored, for both club and the English champions kinds blows out the water any arguments that he is not a top player.

However I question as to regardless where he plays, if he is not at his very best, why there are always camps declaring hes being played out of position almost as a defence mechanism. I have seen it said for each of those I posted. I am now lost as to what his best position this is, at this rate maybe he should be playing right back.

I think he's best as a support striker with a mobile out and out CF. He hasn't been played there that much of late. I think he's wasted as a lone striker and out-wide.

I think he's best as a support striker with a mobile out and out CF. He hasn't been played there that much of late. I think he's wasted as a lone striker and out-wide.

I would agree with Alex there, how did he do with RVN?

Ironically I think someone like Van Nistelrooy could be the final piece in the jigsaw for them. Not that there's much chance of him returning.

Ironically I think someone like Van Nistelrooy could be the final piece in the jigsaw for them. Not that there's much chance of him returning.

Aye

One of the best strikers ever in the Prem IMO. The horse faced sod. They need someone like him and they would be a force for years again. Not that they aint now like :lol:

Being young, English, and gifted, he was always going to be overated by the idiot press. Like all hyped players, when I first heard about him I reserved judgement until I'd seen him in the flesh...and he was class.

I'd agree with that :mellow:

Actually I think the way ManUtd play, a direct and high tempo style, suits Rooney perfectly. He is one of the few English players who does warrant the hype.

We're on about the position not the style of play Paddington.

Rooney is a great player, but shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Messi or Kaka in my opinion.

Messi is a far better player, the best young player I've seen since Ronaldo at Barcelona.