Michael Owen and his relationship with the toon fans

Guest stevieintoon

Owen  

84 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

a player thats nowadays just short of being world class. worth 80k a week plus bonuses if match fit and scoring goals.

would it be too much to say that if 100% fit and in the team that played on saturday, could score a goal every one and a half games?

the above are all reasons for keeping the lad on board. sadly because he is very non commital in the press he will always be seen as being aloof, and this clearly does not endear him to the geordie public.

its all a bit sad really.

Can you blame him or ANY of the players being none commital with the shite going on off the pitch?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a player thats nowadays just short of being world class. worth 80k a week plus bonuses if match fit and scoring goals.

would it be too much to say that if 100% fit and in the team that played on saturday, could score a goal every one and a half games?

the above are all reasons for keeping the lad on board. sadly because he is very non commital in the press he will always be seen as being aloof, and this clearly does not endear him to the geordie public.

its all a bit sad really.

That's true, but it's still a bit strange/unfortunate as Shearer was very similar when it came to dealing with the media.

there's barely ever any vocal support for owen though in terms of chants / songs etc. Against pompy he scores a cracking goal and within a couple of minutes we've all started singing oba's name. Granted his name aint the best to get into a song, but he must get a little pissed at times when crowd never vocally get behind him, something that he more than deserves.

the pnly one i've really heard is the "micky owen, micky owen, wheeeeheey, mickey owen" one but it never travels across the stand that well.

One of the best finishers I have ever seen. The goal he scored v Pompey was fucking class. His first touch was shocking but he showed his worth adjusted so qucikly and scored a class goal. I think he has lost a yard or so in pace, however he has slightly adjusted the way he plays and he is fucking quality.

Its about time we took our black and white glasses off for fuck sake. Just because he is Geordie born and bred doesnt mean he isnt commited to the badge. He is a proffesional footballer, weve had far worse people here sulking a lot more and wanting a move yet not got half has much stick as Owen.

We do get behind him and I think its the minority like this "alleged" wanker at this evening. What would the silly twat rather see? Owen scoring and setting up goals or Shola missing and being a lazy shite mother fucker in the Championship?

Get a fucking grip

I was at pompey on Sunday and it was fuckin embarrassing in a funny sort of way....virtually everyone got their name bellowed out by our lot, even fuckin Enrique, which to be fair was warranted as he played as well as I've seen him....but poor Michael got barely a fuckin mention....Oba was having a bit of a mare, was carrying an injury for 15mins before he scored, and because of this he wasnt attempting to get the ball back when he invairiably lost the ball, and still he name was being sung from the rafters.......all after Owen had scored a goal using huge bravery (the meat in a James/Campbell sandwich?..no thanks!) and finishing superbly under immense pressure...if he does leave and turns round and says "I never felt truly accepted by the fans" it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

One of the best finishers I have ever seen. The goal he scored v Pompey was fucking class. His first touch was shocking but he showed his worth adjusted so qucikly and scored a class goal. I think he has lost a yard or so in pace, however he has slightly adjusted the way he plays and he is fucking quality.

Its about time we took our black and white glasses off for fuck sake. Just because he is Geordie born and bred doesnt mean he isnt commited to the badge. He is a proffesional footballer, weve had far worse people here sulking a lot more and wanting a move yet not got half has much stick as Owen.

We do get behind him and I think its the minority like this "alleged" wanker at this evening. What would the silly twat rather see? Owen scoring and setting up goals or Shola missing and being a lazy shite mother fucker in the Championship?

Get a fucking grip

I was at pompey on Sunday and it was fuckin embarrassing in a funny sort of way....virtually everyone got their name bellowed out by our lot, even fuckin Enrique, which to be fair was warranted as he played as well as I've seen him....but poor Michael got barely a fuckin mention....Oba was having a bit of a mare, was carrying an injury for 15mins before he scored, and because of this he wasnt attempting to get the ball back when he invairiably lost the ball, and still he name was being sung from the rafters.......all after Owen had scored a goal using huge bravery (the meat in a James/Campbell sandwich?..no thanks!) and finishing superbly under immense pressure...if he does leave and turns round and says "I never felt truly accepted by the fans" it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Agree totally

Get a fucking grip

Agree totally

point i was making before, no-one sings owens name ever, most probably due to his name been hard to graft into songs.

busy watching the villa hamburg match and the hamburg fans are singing the white stripes tune over and over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYDtenzAmnQ

i reckon you can put 'micky owen' at the end of it and it sounds half decent (whooh-ohoah micky ow-en), the example above is really good esp for away fans as its something very repetitive that you can keep going for a while, it reminds me a couple of seasons ago of the uefa cup song about glasgow we sang, that would go on for ages.

WE NEED AN OWEN SONG!

Like a Rolling Stone (Michael Owen)

Once upon a time you dressed so fine

You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?

People'd call, say, "Beware doll, you're bound to fall"

You thought they were all kiddin' you

You used to laugh about

Everybody that was hangin' out

Now you don't talk so loud

Now you don't seem so proud

About having to be scrounging for your next meal.

How does it feel

How does it feel

To be without a home

Like a complete unknown

Like Michael Owen?

I was going to change the lyrics, but they were apt as they stood. :aye:

In fairness it can't be that difficult to think of songs for Owen since 'Michael Owen' and 'Alan Shearer' are the same syllable-wise, and we did alright for Al, so with a bit of modification anything along those lines works.

Same old Owen, always scoring.... would be a start.

Though that said, I sit in Milburn L7 so being allowed so anything would be a start :aye:

Rainy Day Owen #12 & 35

Well, he'll Owen ya when you're trying to play so good,

He'll Owen ya just like we said he would.

He'll Owen ya when you're playing at home.

Then he'll Owen ya once again with a broken bone.

But I would not feel so all alone,

Everybody must get Owened.

:aye: