Asprilla

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't look if easily offended

32673[/snapback]

Funny isn't it how hard people find these warnings to understand, the reason people put them there is to allow grown adults to make a decision based on their sense of humour an ability to separate jokes from reality.

Well, just cause i laughed isnt gonna make it cool for everybody but i DID think the funny ones were funny. Couldn't take offence personally because jokes are just jokes.

If i actually KNEW any good 'white' ones i'd have plastered them all over the place.

Easy man, i dont think mean bad by telling these jokes. Its base humour, its meant to be hard, the shock is what makes it funny.

My opinion only .

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=482

Lame as fuck. I'm glad I don't know the people who made these "jokes".

32671[/snapback]

It's 'funny' how you've taken umbrage with those jokes yet you made a joke yesterday which denigrated the women of Newcastle. I didn't find your joke particularly offensive (or funny) I just find it hypocritical that you think it's ok to make a sexist joke yet find these ones unsavoury. Maybe it's because you are pursuing an agenda to back up yesterday's claim that the people of Newcastle have less enlightened views when it comes to women and minorities.

32671[/snapback]

It's 'funny' how you've taken umbrage with those jokes yet you made a joke yesterday which denigrated the women of Newcastle. I didn't find your joke particularly offensive (or funny) I just find it hypocritical that you think it's ok to make a sexist joke yet find these ones unsavoury. Maybe it's because you are pursuing an agenda to back up yesterday's claim that the people of Newcastle have less enlightened views when it comes to women and minorities.

32694[/snapback]

Make you look racist, sexist and homophobic?

No, I'm sure you can do that for yourselves. I don't even have to try.

As for my "joke" yesterday, it was not degrading to women, more highlighting a lack of opportunity for many women in this area.

It's easy to be confused when you are ignorant.

am I the only one who thinks that perhaps his name is offensive aswell? I'm sure many people's "boss-types" would objkect to any mention of Asprillas Foreskin during office hours.

I for one am appalled and want the name stricken from the member list, of course the poster is welcome to refer to himself as something else.

How about "Little Miss Uptight" ?

the jokes in the "Bad Taste" thread are ronseal, they do exactly what they say on the tin. If you are likely to be offended, don't look. It's insane that you peruse a thread when you know you will not enjoy the content...

why not pop along to a sunderland site, then complain at the myriad of Anti-Newcastle threads...

it makes you look a little foolish young man, I'd suggest you grow a little wiser and your skin a little thicker.

am I the only one who thinks that perhaps his name is offensive aswell? I'm sure many people's "boss-types" would objkect to any mention of Asprillas Foreskin during office hours.

I for one am appalled and want the name stricken from the member list, of course the poster is welcome to refer to himself as something else.

the jokes in the "Bad Taste" thread are ronseal, they do exactly what they say on the tin. If you are likely to be offended, don't look. It's insane that you peruse a thread when you know you will not enjoy the content...

why not pop along to a sunderland site, then complain at the myriad of Anti-Newcastle threads...

it makes you look a little foolish young man, I'd suggest you grow a little wiser and your skin a little thicker.

32705[/snapback]

you just can't help yourself can you!! first its colour and know thickness! your mother would be ashamed!

32671[/snapback]

32694[/snapback]

As for my "joke" yesterday, it was not degrading to women, more highlighting a lack of opportunity for many women in this area.

32704[/snapback]

You can't even see the irony in making a sweeping statement like the one above while having a go at the prejudices you claim are prevalent in Newcastle.

32671[/snapback]

32694[/snapback]

32704[/snapback]

There's as much opportunity for women in this area as there is anywhere else. It depends on the ambition and motivation of the woman. Your comments yesterday were ridiculous.

As for you starting threads like this, I think you lack some sort of attention and the only way to get it is to drag something up on a message board from bloody ages ago, that everyone involved knew was a joke, hoping it'll get a bite. Well done - you got one, now please fuck off.

32705[/snapback]

It's not ok. If you are seriously trying to defend your right to tell whatever joke you like, whilst hiding behing the old "not for the easily offended" tag, then you are truly ignorant.

That excuse hasn't been acceptable for a generation.

I suggest you rethink your views on a range of matters.

32705[/snapback]

you just can't help yourself can you!! first its colour and know thickness! your mother would be ashamed!

32709[/snapback]

:icon_lol::angry:

Why is a warning a get out clause for racial hatred? Didn't that stuff die about 20 years ago? You surely can't be THAT far behind the times?

32692[/snapback]

I think this kind of humour will always work on perceived differences between people. Sometimes people find it funny because they realise that those stereotypes might still be in their brain a little and they laugh at themselves. I'm not sure it enforces stereotypes in the minds of intelligent people, idiots need no excuse. Also i dont think it incites racial hatred. Id rather everyone could share the humour for what it is rather than some overly PC vibe where no one knows what anybody really thinks. Some of the jokes are stupid, some are viscious and shocking but people laugh out of some kind of shock.

Last night a friend (white) came round and i was asking him if Robert was white (i'm suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure he aint) and we're sitting at the kitchen table and i say 'i've got 1 real good reason to know he's black man' my friends says 'what?' and i say 'hes too good to be one of you lot' (i'm trying to be provocative here) then my mum pipes up nice and loud so my dad can here over the t.v. ' i've got another, hes lazy and hes got a high opinion of himself.'

We all laughed until we see my dads face. I dont think they're getting on very well at the moment........ :icon_lol:

32671[/snapback]

32694[/snapback]

32704[/snapback]

There's as much opportunity for women in this area as there is anywhere else. It depends on the ambition and motivation of the woman. Your comments yesterday were ridiculous.

As for you starting threads like this, I think you lack some sort of attention and the only way to get it is to drag something up on a message board from bloody ages ago, that everyone involved knew was a joke, hoping it'll get a bite. Well done - you got one, now please fuck off.

32712[/snapback]

I'm sorry to correct you, but the attitudes towards women are way behind those in London. I have seen it first hand.

You are deluded. Now fuck off yourself.

I'm sorry to correct you, but the attitudes towards women are way behind those in London. I have seen it first hand.

32717[/snapback]

Hang on while I bow to your superior knowledge first. :icon_lol:

Can you give me some kind of example?

32671[/snapback]

32694[/snapback]

32704[/snapback]

32712[/snapback]

32717[/snapback]

Women huh!!