5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-3 win tonight, could have double that for us tbh, but wasn't to be through a combination of good keeping and hitting the post about 4 times. Yours truely saving his third consecutive penalty :icon_lol:

Played marra, I totally refuse to take pens in 5 / 6 a side games, arse twicthes like mad ;)

6-3 win tonight, could have double that for us tbh, but wasn't to be through a combination of good keeping and hitting the post about 4 times. Yours truely saving his third consecutive penalty :aye:

Played marra, I totally refuse to take pens in 5 / 6 a side games, arse twicthes like mad ;)

I scored one and the keeper pulled of a fantastic save for my second penalty :icon_lol: at the TT summer tourny.

Edited by bawan

6-3 win tonight, could have double that for us tbh, but wasn't to be through a combination of good keeping and hitting the post about 4 times. Yours truely saving his third consecutive penalty :aye:

I scored one and the keeper pulled of a fantastic save for my second penalty :rolleyes: at the TT summer tourny.

I am win. :icon_lol:

Can't win the league, but after last night we only need a point from the last two games for promotion.

PLD SLP

Wish we were in that position. After going 5-0 up we relaxed and got beat 8-5, gutted.

Does anyone on here who plays XI a side get really fucked off by a refs inability to know what a legal throw in is? The rules are both hands have to go behind the head and back over the head. Yet every time you bend in the middle or throw it at the floor he blows his whistle saying you brought your hands too far forward!!!! You could bring them down to your fucking ankles if you wanted and its still a perfectly good throw!!!!!!!!!!! CUNT

Guest Stevie

I played the neet, we lost 8-3, and I have to face facts. From being virtually fuckin unplayable, I've turned shit, I really have, I'm fuckin too heavy and can't get around the pitch. Feels like I'm running through treacle, 2 stone off this summer, no regrets.

:blink: What the fuck are you doing throwing it directly at the floor?

The standard throw, teammate is 6 yards in front and he knocks it back to you. Every fucking time we do it he gives a foul throw!

I thought it couldn't be delivered from in front of your head.

FA Rule 15

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:

faces the field of play

has part of each foot either on the touch line or on the ground outside the touch line

uses both hands

delivers the ball from behind and over his head

FA Rule 15

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower:

faces the field of play

has part of each foot either on the touch line or on the ground outside the touch line

uses both hands

delivers the ball from behind and over his head

Pretty vague that but the last line could be construed as having to be delivered before it's in front of your head. That certainly seems to the way it is always interpreted by refs based on the guidance they are given.

Edited by alex