The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

I would have Martin Jol ahead of sackless sam

Funniest thing I've heard today.

If Jol had Newcastle where he had Spurs this season would you have advocated giving him time?

Incredible.

Yes, i rate and like Jol and the Tottenham fan I work with reckons the majority of fans didn't want shot of him. At least he tried to get them playing decent football which is more than can be said for BS

To quote you...

Fuck off with your anti sam shite, it's getting right on my tits. Alright you don't want him, we get the message, your like a fucking big bairn tbh.

:lol:

http://www.toontastic.net/board/index.php?...mp;#entry327874

Plenty of people were yelling to let Roeder take over (temporarily of course) until the end of the season instead of continuing with Souness...

Sorry Craig but bullshite.

People stated if we can't get a decent manager, let Roeder do the job until the summer when we can get a better manager.

The way history is constantly being twisted is getting beyond a joke.

Bullshit?? :lol:

You've just re-written what I was saying. History is not being twisted - its fact. Roeder's name was constantly touted ever since the Carling Cup match at Wigan when their reserves stuffed our first team.

Agree with Dr Ken - he needs til the end of the season then assess where we are. This season will have to be measured on last and if we finish higher than we did last season then by definition its a success.

What we're seeing is not good enough - but sacking him now will not be like pressing a reset button. And actually could end up with us in a worse position.

who on here has harped on in the past about "planning" - and sticking with it ?

He's planning on us playing like Bolton, woo hoo !!!!

Which is what most people on here wanted him for in the first place.

You weren't that keen to be fair, more of an anything but Roeder attitude. But you weren't against getting him in at all.

I can't get through this thread due to all the jerking knees in my way, but can I ask the Allardyce Out camp who they want to replace him?

You want me to bore you with a list of managers who are better than Allardyce ?

Show us the list you put up last time that included the likes of David Moyes ffs. Like for like. I believe Moyes went through a bit of a rough patch at Everton as well - no doubt if you were following them you would have wanted the fucker out at the time.

I can accept the team being a "work in progess" and be willing to man it out in the trenches whilst results gradually improve, but my patience wears rather thin when I see a manager make a complete fuck up of things due basic errors, so you are willing to sit it out, fine, but whats the end product going to be ? Newcastle playing like Bolton ? fuck me you must be desperate.

Bolton who under Sam used to struggle until 2004 since when they've finished consistently in the top 8? And now he's gone, look at them now - nowhere and with largely the same players.

No-one ever said that a Sam Allardyce team would play attractive football but if it turns out to be successful then who are we to complain? The Fish hit the nail on the head - the days of the entertaining, edge-of-the-seat stuff from the Keegan and Robson days are gone. We all need to accept that we're light years away from the team we were then.

You weren't that keen to be fair, more of an anything but Roeder attitude. But you weren't against getting him in at all.

I was all for his appointment, its true, but I did have reservations about what his style of play would be, I hoped it would be more free flowing but my fears of that "Bolton" style lingered, and that seems to be the way he's going, I find it dull, unattractive and I'm not a fan of it, I don't see that as contradictory.

Bolton who under Sam used to struggle until 2004 since when they've finished consistently in the top 8? And now he's gone, look at them now - nowhere and with largely the same players.

Allardyce's aim for his team at Bolton seems to be the same as it is here, he's too preoccupied with stopping the opposition playing rather than developing decent attacking football himself. That style may get a team like Bolton, and probably us as well, to eighth place but it will get them no further and in the medium term I won't be happy with eighth place. In the next 2-3 years we should be aiming for 5th place because outside of the big 4 there is not a huge amount of quality or consistent teams but I just can't see us being top of that second tier if Allarydce keeps on making the same mistakes he has been doing all season.

I was all for his appointment, its true, but I did have reservations about what his style of play would be, I hoped it would be more free flowing but my fears of that "Bolton" style lingered, and that seems to be the way he's going, I find it dull, unattractive and I'm not a fan of it, I don't see that as contradictory.

Not saying you're contradicting yourself, just that we all knew what we were letting ourselves in for. It's hardly a suprise we're playing this way.

How well are Norwich doing now btw? :lol:

Not saying you're contradicting yourself, just that we all knew what we were letting ourselves in for. It's hardly a suprise we're playing this way.

How well are Norwich doing now btw? :lol:

Dunno, you tell me B)

If Jol had Newcastle where he had Spurs this season would you have advocated giving him time?

Incredible.

Yes, i rate and like Jol and the Tottenham fan I work with reckons the majority of fans didn't want shot of him. At least he tried to get them playing decent football which is more than can be said for BS

To quote you...

Fuck off with your anti sam shite, it's getting right on my tits. Alright you don't want him, we get the message, your like a fucking big bairn tbh.

I think you'll find that was my reaction to stevey howey constantly posting the same shit day in, day out.

I would drag some of your posts up but tbh I'm not that arsed and I couldn't be bothered to go trailing the movie sites where you do your cutting and pasting from.

And for the record I was quite happy with BS appointment but now I've seen what he's got to offer I'm now seething

Incredible.

To quote you...

I think you'll find that was my reaction to stevey howey constantly posting the same shit day in, day out.

I would drag some of your posts up but tbh I'm not that arsed and I couldn't be bothered to go trailing the movie sites where you do your cutting and pasting from.

And for the record I was quite happy with BS appointment but now I've seen what he's got to offer I'm now seething

Always original mate!

I was vehemently against him getting the job. Now I've seen what he's got to offer I'm happy with the improvement in position, if not performance.

Allardyce's aim for his team at Bolton seems to be the same as it is here, he's too preoccupied with stopping the opposition playing rather than developing decent attacking football himself. That style may get a team like Bolton, and probably us as well, to eighth place but it will get them no further and in the medium term I won't be happy with eighth place. In the next 2-3 years we should be aiming for 5th place because outside of the big 4 there is not a huge amount of quality or consistent teams but I just can't see us being top of that second tier if Allarydce keeps on making the same mistakes he has been doing all season.

I too think Sam will get us consistantly between 6th-9th, but I see that as an improvement because that will provide a foundation for the next manager to take us from that position to a genuine assault on 4th spot. However, I'm fully aware of the massive job that is going to be and I'm also fully aware that simply because we're not playing exciting football is a ridiculous reason for getting shot of a manger, if we were languishing in 15th and playing shit I'd be more supportive of the instant gratification fans, but we're not.

There are 11 teams below us who would happily swap there position for ours, there are teams like Fulham who ahve been playing good football and find themselves teetering just over the relegation zone.

Ask them if they'd take Allardyce and his shit football? I'll bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in yours that they would.

I think what the crux of my argument is that we need perspective.

I too think Sam will get us consistantly between 6th-9th, but I see that as an improvement because that will provide a foundation for the next manager to take us from that position to a genuine assault on 4th spot. However, I'm fully aware of the massive job that is going to be and I'm also fully aware that simply because we're not playing exciting football is a ridiculous reason for getting shot of a manger, if we were languishing in 15th and playing shit I'd be more supportive of the instant gratification fans, but we're not.

There are 11 teams below us who would happily swap there position for ours, there are teams like Fulham who ahve been playing good football and find themselves teetering just over the relegation zone.

Ask them if they'd take Allardyce and his shit football? I'll bet all the money in my pocket against all the money in yours that they would.

I've been using such logic for ages now ....... all you have to do is change the number 11 ........ :lol:

I thought Sam would have done better than "between 6th and 9th", but am starting to wonder if this really is his limit, it certainly is if he carries on with his Bolton-style.

Don;t think we should replace him though until this becomes obvious, or he completely loses the plot and there is no way back

Edited by LeazesMag

Tottenham, West Ham, Sunderland, Reading & Blackburn wouldn't - factamondo

I take it your happy with his team selections, tactics and our overall play then Gemmil

No, but nor am I stupid enough to think that changing the manager every 12 games (because you and Jimbo have been advocating sacking him since then) until we get someone who makes the exact team selections I'd like him to, and subs the players I want him to when I want him to is the right thing to do.

I mean what happens if we get a new bloke in and he struggles for the first 12 games and you and Jimbo can't see what direction the club is going in? Will it be time for another change? Answer that seriously by the way, cos I can't see how it would be any different if we made another change and you didn't like what he was doing. You'd want shot again. It's fucking ridiculous man.

By the way, all this harping on about the mistakes he's making etc. Fair enough, he's doing some stuff I don't quite understand, and I don't always see the sense in, but it's fucking comical the way some on here carry on as if they would be able to walk into the job and do it better. I'm not saying people can't criticise or have an opinion, but seriously the way some go on you'd think a couple of successful seasons on FM08 has actually qualified them to apply for the fucking job when in reality they wouldn't and don't have a fucking clue.

Something we need to also not lose sight of is that we played absolute dog-shit against one of the worst teams in the league and salvaged a point....

Under Souness and Roeder I'd have expected us to have lost a game in that position.

Also a lot of the arguments seem to aimed at the front line: "Smith is shite, Martins is out of position, etc....." We scored two goals yesterday. 12 months ago we'd have struggled to do that.

I honestly don't get this acceptance of us being shit. I know the mackems and others accuse is of having ideas above our station but I think we've been brow-beaten into this idea that mid-table is "okay" and a staging point for the future. Allardyce's 5 year shit is another facet of this - all designed to lower our expectations. They then use the "lack of patience card" if we have the temerity to expect decency.

Of course they then expect the mythical support on the basis that if we string too passes together all of a sudden the team are gods.

Well it doesn't work for me - I expect NUFC to play good football and I demand that given the money we generate and the amount that the fuckers are paid that they can do the basics. I demand players who can pass a ball. I demand players who can hit the target. I demand a manager who doesn't think stopping utter drivel like Fulham and Derby from playing is a valid basis for anything, let alone winning a football match. I demand a team that will go to Reading, Sunderland and Fulham and actually try and win the game.

I won't wait 20 games before judging a team and manager as shite. I won't wait 3 years for a team that will give me any kind of pride and I won't accept that the "top 4" are untouchable. I won't accept that we should be happy to be rivals of Portsmouth and Everton.

If this makes me unrealistic or knee-jerk I don't care - the alternative is to watch any love of football I have wither and die.

I take it your happy with his team selections, tactics and our overall play then Gemmil

No, but nor am I stupid enough to think that changing the manager every 12 games (because you and Jimbo have been advocating sacking him since then) until we get someone who makes the exact team selections I'd like him to, and subs the players I want him to when I want him to is the right thing to do.

I mean what happens if we get a new bloke in and he struggles for the first 12 games and you and Jimbo can't see what direction the club is going in? Will it be time for another change? Answer that seriously by the way, cos I can't see how it would be any different if we made another change and you didn't like what he was doing. You'd want shot again. It's fucking ridiculous man.

By the way, all this harping on about the mistakes he's making etc. Fair enough, he's doing some stuff I don't quite understand, and I don't always see the sense in, but it's fucking comical the way some on here carry on as if they would be able to walk into the job and do it better. I'm not saying people can't criticise or have an opinion, but seriously the way some go on you'd think a couple of successful seasons on FM08 has actually qualified them to apply for the fucking job when in reality they wouldn't and don't have a fucking clue.

I never wanted him and my fears have been realised - he was supposed to be the best english manager available - given the hype I'd expect improvement - there is none.

I honestly don't get this acceptance of us being shit. I know the mackems and others accuse is of having ideas above our station but I think we've been brow-beaten into this idea that mid-table is "okay" and a staging point for the future. Allardyce's 5 year shit is another facet of this - all designed to lower our expectations. They then use the "lack of patience card" if we have the temerity to expect decency.

Of course they then expect the mythical support on the basis that if we string too passes together all of a sudden the team are gods.

Well it doesn't work for me - I expect NUFC to play good football and I demand that given the money we generate and the amount that the fuckers are paid that they can do the basics. I demand players who can pass a ball. I demand players who can hit the target. I demand a manager who doesn't think stopping utter drivel like Fulham and Derby from playing is a valid basis for anything, let alone winning a football match. I demand a team that will go to Reading, Sunderland and Fulham and actually try and win the game.

I won't wait 20 games before judging a team and manager as shite. I won't wait 3 years for a team that will give me any kind of pride and I won't accept that the "top 4" are untouchable. I won't accept that we should be happy to be rivals of Portsmouth and Everton.

If this makes me unrealistic or knee-jerk I don't care - the alternative is to watch any love of football I have wither and die.

_1664771_vizmodel300.jpg

I never wanted him and my fears have been realised - he was supposed to be the best english manager available - given the hype I'd expect improvement - there is none.

Better position?

What's got worse?

What happens when we get the next bloke in and he's not doing things your way within 15 games though? Do we get shot of him too?

cant argue with any of that apart from the reference to Everton, its exactly how I feel about the club too

And if someone could turn the clock back to 12 games into Souness and Roeders reigns would you get rid?

I look at the fixture list and all I can see is disappointment and miserable games, its only a matter of time before some "proper" team give us a total twatting at home.

What happens when we get the next bloke in and he's not doing things your way within 15 games though? Do we get shot of him too?

What we need to do is start giving our managers 12 game contracts. That'll save on the pay outs when we have to sack them for going two games without a win.

Then when we've run out of managers willing to come here, we have a draw of all the season ticket holders. The winner becomes the manager. If we win he's allowed to be manager for the next game. If we lose he is subjected to a punishment beating in the centre circle (just to satisfy the blood-lust of the boo-boys).