The Official Allardyce out thread

Jimbo

The one statistic is that we failed to beat a fucking shite team and looked shite in the process yet again.

If you want to sit around all day studying statistics and gazing at the league table then thats fine, but what I want to see is Newcastle United playing football that doesn't make me feel ashamed and embarrased.

Your a journalist's dream, the kind who'd rather lose playing well in a 5-4 than win but not in a pretty way. I'd take 38 1-0 wins all with own goals if it meant success.

The Keegan years are long gone, get a reality check.

The one statistic is that we failed to beat a fucking shite team and looked shite in the process yet again.

If you want to sit around all day studying statistics and gazing at the league table then thats fine, but what I want to see is Newcastle United playing football that doesn't make me feel ashamed and embarrased.

Your a journalist's dream, the kind who'd rather lose playing well in a 5-4 than win but not in a pretty way. I'd take 38 1-0 wins all with own goals if it meant success.

Is there a happy medium?

38 Fulhams would empty the grounds and destroy SKY.

If you're happy with the brand of football on display at St James' park, then good for you, welcome to the Allardyce brand of football, don't expect a graceful evolution into anything better, this is it ! this is as good as it gets under Allardyce.

All I know is that its not the kind of football I want to be watching, especially when you are watching it when you're struggling against the likes of Derby, Fulham and Birmingham to name but a few.

this is as good as it gets under Allardyce.

Utter unsubstatiated bollocks to perpetuate your ridiculous and naive opinion. :lol:

So would most people I think. It's a shame that instead of two 1-0 wins over Derby, we only actually took a point.

I still think allardyce should get until the end of the season at least.

Clearly we need another left back and a creative central midfielder. a new left back would at least give enrique some competition and get a game when hes injured. this would mean zoggy could play on the left with milner on the right. and Duff is back from his vacation.

Possibly one or 2 other signings as well to fill out the squad. Maybe a right winger?

Could make a world of difference to our results.

But he has a 5 year plan. Are you willing to give him that??? :lol:

He who?

If you mean allardyce then if it means another 4.5 years of whats been served up already then no. But if it means a year of shite followed by improvement - then yes.

Big Sam.

It wasnt a dig at you by the way. Im just wondering about this 5 year plan he keeps harping on about. So what does he expect we have achieved in 5 years? CL football? The Premiership? Winning the CL?

XXXL Sam is basically just using it as a tool to keep our expectations low and buying himself some time.

I think the main gripe is that we are showing no improvement (possibly even going backwards) and he is making basic mistakes - which everyone bar him seems to seeing.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I still think allardyce should get until the end of the season at least.

Clearly we need another left back and a creative central midfielder. a new left back would at least give enrique some competition and get a game when hes injured. this would mean zoggy could play on the left with milner on the right. and Duff is back from his vacation.

Possibly one or 2 other signings as well to fill out the squad. Maybe a right winger?

Could make a world of difference to our results.

But he has a 5 year plan. Are you willing to give him that??? :lol:

He who?

If you mean allardyce then if it means another 4.5 years of whats been served up already then no. But if it means a year of shite followed by improvement - then yes.

Big Sam.

It wasnt a dig at you by the way. Im just wondering about this 5 year plan he keeps harping on about. So what does he expect we have achieved in 5 years? CL football? The Premiership? Winning the CL?

XXXL Sam is basically just using it as a tool to keep our expectations low and buying himself some time.

I think the main gripe is that we are showing no improvement (possibly even going backwards) and he is making basic mistakes - which everyone bar him seems to seeing.

Thats exactly it for me.

Nothing has improved from last season. We're actually behind game on game from last season. Nothing looks to be improving. the results of late we have picked up seem to have been more by luck than anything else.

I was all for getting behind Sam when he came, thinking he could do bigger things with bigger tools. Im yet to be convinced and if anything feel myself slipping more and more into the feeling I had under GR.

While we are sitting in 9th, we are doing worse than last season due to the teams we have played. If we stay as we are, then come the end of the season we'd have made no progress. Is it likely given another year? Im certainly not expecting miracles, not a UEFA Place or even a cup final. But some sign of progress would offer a glimmer of hope.

Last two games against the bottom two in the league = 1 point.

Acceptable?

Oh, and with Man U, City, Chelsea and Arsenal coming up in our next five league games things aren't looking great.

Same amount of points as we got from Wigan last season.

not unacceptable afaic.

and there was me, foolish enough to expect some progress.

not unacceptable afaic.

We've progressed in that we're higher than we were last season.

I still can't see how we're any worse though.

Bolton (a) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 0

Villa (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3

Boro (a) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 0

Wigan (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 3

Derby (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 1 (using Watford)

West Ham (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 1

Man city (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 1

Everton (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season :1

Spurs (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 3

Reading (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 0

Portsmouth (h) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3

Mackems (a) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3 (Sheff Utd)

Liverpool (h) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3

Blackburn (a) This Season : 0pts Last Season : 3

Arsenal (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 1

Birmingham (h) This Season : 3pts Last Season : 1 (Charlton)

Fulham (a) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 0

Derby (h) This Season : 1pts Last Season : 3 (Watford)

Wigan (a) This season : 0pts Last Season : 0

Total This season : 26 pts

Total Last Season : 30 pts

not unacceptable afaic.

We've progressed in that we're higher than we were last season.

I still can't see how we're any worse though.

Watch the highlights, I'm sure you'll change your mind.

not unacceptable afaic.

2 more points each season for 5 years will takes up to what - 53?

Pushing 6th with that many - hallelujah.

My reluctant prediction of finding our true position by the start of Feb took into account at least 4 points from these 2 games as well.

He's lost me in terms of true confidence since the Liverpool game really...

But it's very much a case of... who to replace him? As long as there's no one available, just ride the season out tbh.

But it's very much a case of... who to replace him? As long as there's no one available, just ride the season out tbh.

I hope it wouldn't take until the end of the season to find a replacement, in fact I'd like to think that given our poor form over the past month a contingency plan would have been at least thought of.

I agree though, no point in sacking him and having a caretaker in charge while we rush around trying to find someone, better to take our time and find the right man for the job.

Why has it got to be someone thats "available" ?

Available in any sense of the word, I meant as in willing to come here I guess (whether in a job now or not) :lol:

I certainly don't want to see Sam sacked at the minute. I'm just totally unimpressed by everything in the last few months. We show signs of huge promise against one the best two sides in the league, then throw it all away and more in the following 3 games. We've seen that in years gone by already.

Interesting.

We got 3 points from Fulham away this year though btw.

Of course you could also interpret that as having turned the corner. 8 points from the last 5 teams played...who we only took 5 off last season. :lol:

Edited by Happy Face

Interesting.

We got 3 points from Fulham away this year though btw.

Of course you could also interpret that as having turned the corner. 8 points from the last 5 teams played...who we only took 5 off last season. :lol:

But how many of those 8 points did we deserve?