ITT: Defend Obafemi Martins

Guest Patrokles

I find it absolutely astonishing that people feel the need to constantly have a go at Martins when there are two players - Smith and Barton - who continue to contribute absolutely fuck all to the team. It's amazing that people are surprised England didn't qualify for the Euros when you consider that Barton and Smith are/were part of the England squad. Overrated beyond belief.

I know I didn't stick to the topic there, but I had to get that off my chest.

What an utter waste of £12m. Utter rubbish.

Why can't people have a go at all three of them? :lol:

I find it absolutely astonishing that people feel the need to constantly have a go at Martins when there are two players - Smith and Barton - who continue to contribute absolutely fuck all to the team. It's amazing that people are surprised England didn't qualify for the Euros when you consider that Barton and Smith are/were part of the England squad. Overrated beyond belief.

Why stop at just 3 ?

Why stop at just 3 ?

To be fair, we don't B)

Maritns gets cheered by the whole crowd when his name is announced or if he comes on as a sub. As soon as he does something wrong though he suddenly becomes the focal point of the crowds abuse for the whole team!

I wish people would make their minds up!

Why stop at just 3 ?

To be fair, we don't B)

I don't know, some stop at just one.[/shitfirsttouch]

Maritns gets cheered by the whole crowd when his name is announced or if he comes on as a sub. As soon as he does something wrong though he suddenly becomes the focal point of the crowds abuse for the whole team!

I wish people would make their minds up!

Have you not realised that 99% of our fans are fickle cockheads?

We really need a world class striker. Far too many player who've had half decent seasons masquerading as Premiership players, while none of our current strikers will ever get 20 goals in this league.

Where we're going to get one of these 20 goal a season players I do not know.

Edited by Skol

Going of topic again, but:

Smith has been looking decent for past few games. Needs people around him who can actually create a goal.

Martins just needs time to find form. The wankers that keep criticizing him need to fuck off.

Barton has really been a waste of space and money.

Edited by bawan

Going of topic again, but:

Smith has been looking decent for past few games. Needs people around him who can actually create a goal.

Martins needs to play upfront and the wankers that keep criticizing him need to fuck of.

Barton has really been a waste of space and money.

Martins looks busy but he wastes far too many chances to appease some fickle fuckers. While I don't think he's anywhere near the best striker at the club we need someone like him at the minute.

Nothing to defend. As I've said time and time again you need only look at the scoring charts to see what he's proven.

p.s. strikers aren't wingers. Just saying. Neither are they central midfielders, or right-backs, or any other shit. So people bashing Martins or Smith (or anyone) for not doing what they're meant to when they're not in position is unreasonable.

How about we pick on the people who aren't doing what they're meant to when they ARE in position - like Joey "one cap" Barton?

I'll keep out of this cos certain people can't handle the fact that I have a pretty low opinion of Martins (OMG VENDETTA!111 TOP SCORER!111) but nice to see at least some people finally twigging that he's not up to much.

See the pattern here though? Martins isnt getting the goals because he is either being forced out wide or the supply to him is non-existent. Smith isnt getting the goals as he spends his time trying to win or hold up the ball. Viduka often feeds off scraps and spends most time holding the ball up. Owen (when fit), struggles due to a drop in pace, however does have the brain just lacks the supply.

Problem seems that most of our forwards are there to battle and set up the goals. But for who?

the point I'm (badly, its early ok!) trying to make is that we need to look at the midfield somewhat to wonder whats up with the forwards. More so Martins and Owen.

Martins was played out of position but I thought his attitude was poor regardless yesterday. By no means the only player who was poor, obviously. Shades of Bellamy under Souness though I thought.

Martins was played out of position but I thought his attitude was poor regardless yesterday. By no means the only player who was poor, obviously. Shades of Bellamy under Souness though I thought.

And see we thought all that was behind us didn't we? :lol:

And see we thought all that was behind us didn't we? :lol:

The difference being Souness was deliberately trying to force Bellamy out. I don't think Allardyce is doing the same. Martins is completely ineffectual out wide though. That doesn't excuse his attitude yesterday btw. I blame Allardyce too.