If Allardyce had Sven's funds...

Big TRon

do you think he would have put them to as good use as Sven? Watching them pass the ball out of defence, they looked like they were a team who have been encouraged to pass and move. Allardyce is a direct football man so how would he have got the best out of Elano and Petrov? By booting it upfield in their general direction?

Habib Beye and Faye look like useful signings to be fair. The thing is though, even if Allardyce signed classy players like Elano, how would he incorporate them into his footballing philosophy? I've heard all the talk about City being transformed by two quality signings, but it's like watching a totally different team to the one built by Pearce. There's far more to it and pretending otherwise isn't going to help our cause.

Allardyce has spent money, just on shit.

£18m on Barton, Smith and Enrique?!

Yes because Enrique has clearly played enough to be defined as shit hasn't he? :good:

Sven has been extremely lucky though - he was buying players without even seeing them!

I just read in the Journal that Sam had the opportunity to buy Elano but turned it down after consideration. You could call it luck that Sven bought him and Petrov. You could also call it luck that City seem to be playing very clever one touch football and not hoofing the ball 50 yds long. He might also have been lucky with his previous clubs where he's done quite well. There again, there's a small probability that he might know what he's doing.

I've said it before he's the man we should have got when he was available,just a shame the England job made him a laughing stock against his club management,Citeh took the risk of going against most fans views after he got the boot and looks like it's now paying off,but thats FF for you,he sure left us with another to piss most off!

He was in the papers the other day saying what a great job the Newcastle role is, pity we didn't get him when he was available though I'm sure his wages would've been too much.

Interesting to hear Dunne talking about how well organised he has them and how they all know exactly where to position themselves when in possession so they always have a passing option, unlike us. :dunno:

Yes because Enrique has clearly played enough to be defined as shit hasn't he? :dunno:

He must be truly gash in training! I dont get it, At one stage or another Rozenhal, Beye, Faye and Cacapa have all made cock ups this season, at least one leading to a goal, yet I have never seen enrique do anything really that wrong! Hes lost the ball on occasion trying to get forwards but its not like hes shanked one into his own net. I dont understand why Sam doesnt fancy him?

Yes because Enrique has clearly played enough to be defined as shit hasn't he? :dunno:

He must be truly gash in training! I dont get it, At one stage or another Rozenhal, Beye, Faye and Cacapa have all made cock ups this season, at least one leading to a goal, yet I have never seen enrique do anything really that wrong! Hes lost the ball on occasion trying to get forwards but its not like hes shanked one into his own net. I dont understand why Sam doesnt fancy him?

Big Sam likes his players to hoof the ball up field, not try and run it out of defence

Can't remember Beye making a mistake that cost us a goal.

Are we forgetting that Sven is also a bigger name so would have been able to tempt a player like Elano to join him?

He also wasted about 8million on a striker who sits on the bench for most of the season and scored more than 10 goals about once in his career.

They also have a brilliant young center back and two up and coming goal keepers plus another 2 or 3 really good young players.

However at the time with Fat Fred in charge I did not want Sven as I feared it would be a costly mistake, however giving the new ownership I feel Sven might have been able to a good job here.

He was in the papers the other day saying what a great job the Newcastle role is, pity we didn't get him when he was available though I'm sure his wages would've been too much.

Interesting to hear Dunne talking about how well organised he has them and how they all know exactly where to position themselves when in possession so they always have a passing option, unlike us. :dunno:

The players have a passing option with Sam as well. 5o yds upfield towards Viduka.

Sven has been extremely lucky though

:dunno:

People still peddling this crap?

just a shame the England job made him a laughing stock

Did an excellent job with England. The papers made him a laughing stock.

Are we forgetting that Sven is also a bigger name so would have been able to tempt a player like Elano to join him?

He also wasted about 8million on a striker who sits on the bench for most of the season and scored more than 10 goals about once in his career.

They also have a brilliant young center back and two up and coming goal keepers plus another 2 or 3 really good young players.

However at the time with Fat Fred in charge I did not want Sven as I feared it would be a costly mistake, however giving the new ownership I feel Sven might have been able to a good job here.

Alan Smith? :dunno:

Exactly. :dunno:

When Allardyce was alerted to Elano, he was about to sign on the dotted line at Man City as well. We were way too late to go in for him. ;)

Edited by Ken