Are we missing the obvious answer??

Asprilla

To be honest like Roeder is fucking clueless and Souness was a complete arsehole and just as bad.

Sams ahead of those two if not by much - its certainly clear.

Sam has made some pretty bogus selections/decisions but im willing to give him time to get it right as there is no other choice. No manager worth their salt would come to us or at least not for a while till things are sorted.

A lot of the blame for the recent shambles goes down to the players too, particularly for the inability to score goals / defend consistently or do anything at all (Viduka last night).

Basically we are stuck with XL Sam so weve just got to bear it and see what happens at the end of the season...

How?

Souness was too rough and let his ego get in the way of any well though out decisions. This rubbed off on the players and a tension in the club was obvious. He was tactically inept* and too stuborn to except sometimes we needed basic football.

Roeder didn't know the basics and after his seventh finish (which i reckon was a lot to do with Shearer/Craig etc)he seemed to fade into complete madness on the footballing part . Roeder didn't even know what was going in after the match had finished and generally appeared petrified in the face of pressure and spouted non inspiring dross.

*I reckon Allardyce can escape this in time...

There's very little in it tbf :rolleyes::good:

Christ no, at least we were having shots at the oppositions goal!!

I just think it's funny arguing over which shit season is worse tbh.

There's very little in it tbf :rolleyes::good:

Christ no, at least we were having shots at the oppositions goal!!

I just think it's funny arguing over which shit season is worse tbh.

We don't have any good seasons to compare tbh!

While Sams NUFC perhaps has the same number of points to games as Glenns did. Dont forget that Sams has arguably played the easier games and has a tougher second half to the season. Like for like games, Sams is about 7pts behind. Dont get me started on goals conceded...

We appoint Shearer as a coach to work under Allardyce to bring back some feelgood factor to the club. Then Shearer gets to learn the ropes and the media can fuck off elsewhere.

Shearer's name is already being constantly linked with the job, bringing him in as a coach would only add fuel to the fire with more pressure on Sam that Shearer is just waiting to take his place after the first bad run of results.

Plus if it goes tits up Shearer will be linked with that failure whether he is to blame or not.

I actually think Roeder was better than Souness and is currently better than XXXL Sam.

Agreed.

You're both shitting me. I agree about Roeder being better than Souness in the similar time frames they were in, but Roeder couldn't motivate a bunch of rapists in a dark ladies changing-room. Remember the 2nd leg of the AZ match?

Shit, getting that West-Ham team relegated and if it wasn't for Oba and Sibierski we would have gone down last season =/

I actually think Roeder was better than Souness and is currently better than XXXL Sam.

Agreed.

You're both shitting me. I agree about Roeder being better than Souness in the similar time frames they were in, but Roeder couldn't motivate a bunch of rapists in a dark ladies changing-room. Remember the 2nd leg of the AZ match?

Shit, getting that West-Ham team relegated and if it wasn't for Oba and Sibierski we would have gone down last season =/

The team look well motivated now don't they??? And XXXL Sam has a better squad. You're forgetting Roeder turned around a shite Souness team and got us Europe. Thats at least one good thing. Sam has not impressed me one bit so far. Horrible style of play. Defensively shocking despite not attacking at all. Players out of position. Flopped BIG name signings (although you could argue Duff for Roeder as well :dunno: )

Edited by Holden McGroin

Agreed.

Racist tbh :dunno:

He's the much better manager of the three overall. Okay, his tenure here hasn't been as successful as almost everyone would've liked but Roeder and Souness haven't done what Allardyce did at Bolton.

You could argue that Souness brought Blackburn up in a very similar position but they were, are and will always be a bigger club than Bolton. They had one poor season, panicked, sacked a very good manager in Hodgson and ended up in Division 1. Those on here calling for BSA's head should remember that.

Roeder has a history of coming in when clubs are in dire straights and doing stupidly well with them. The problem is he nearly almost completely destroys his hard work in his first full season.

The only way I can see us being in serious trouble of relegation this year is if we sack Allardyce and have to bring in someone like Shearer to fill the void.

Edited by Skol

There's very little in it tbf ;):dunno:

The last three managers are like deciding if it's better to piss on your hand, wash your hand in piss or drop your house keys in a puddle of piss - the result is the same regardless.

Edited by sammynb

If I was asked to pick watching Allardyce's NUFC or Roeder's NUFC, I'd pick Roeder's every day of the week.

Me too, and I think we are inclined to forget the horrendous injury ratio Roeder had and had to resort to playing the likes of Huntingdon, Edgar, Pattison, Ramage, Taylor etc.etc.. Without the injuries Roeder may have done a much better job for us.

The last three managers are like deciding if it's better to piss on your hand, wash your hand in piss or drop your house keys in a puddle of piss - the result is the same regardless.

:D

How many times do we have to get a manager in with a big reputation just for 3 moths down the line saying "Oh he seems to be completely shit". Then looking back at his career and saying "No wait he was always shit he just never got found out this much before"> BSA was given way too much credit for what he did at Bolton yes he got them to overperform but he has shown he can't cope with having money and he didn't just play the best formation for the players he had. He only knows one way of playing football and it is shite.

:D

How many times do we have to get a manager in with a big reputation just for 3 moths down the line saying "Oh he seems to be completely shit". Then looking back at his career and saying "No wait he was always shit he just never got found out this much before"> BSA was given way too much credit for what he did at Bolton yes he got them to overperform but he has shown he can't cope with having money and he didn't just play the best formation for the players he had. He only knows one way of playing football and it is shite.

Agree completely.

Again I go back to Billy Furious, if you're out there reading this mate your insight is amazing, and the comment he makes on Allardyce and how he used Okocha in the Bolton team. Here was one of the most gifted African players and Allardyce wanted him for his long throws!

What a twat.

Those looking back on Roeder's reign favourably are wearing rose-tinted glasses. He had lost all respect in the dressing room and had he been allowed to stay we would have lost N'Zogbia, one of the few bright sparks this season. Allardyce's brand of football is limited but at least he's a real leader, not gutless bully.