Joey Barton

RlCO

Should Barton ever play for us again?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To be fair to him, this is the crime he had committed before we signed him. I don't feel comfortable with trying to get shot of a player for things that were in existence prior to our buying him.

I know I'm not making much sense, but I'm a bit tired .

:icon_lol: he was at Newcastle for his Maccy D's rampage.

I thought this jail stint was for Dabo?

No, he pleaded guilty to the Dabo thing after the judge had said he would impose a suspended sentence for it.

He was jailed for the Liverpool City Centre incident.

You do have to wonder why there was the moral outrage and the big deal made about whether or not he should be sacked after the Dabo verdict though - since it was before he arrived at Newcastle. If the club was going to act it should really have been for the McDonald's / Liverpool thing which was a lot worse for a number of reasons.

Edited by alex

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to him, this is the crime he had committed before we signed him. I don't feel comfortable with trying to get shot of a player for things that were in existence prior to our buying him.

No, he pleaded guilty to the Dabo thing after the judge had said he would impose a suspended sentence for it.

You do have to wonder why there was the moral outrage and the big deal made about whether or not he should be sacked after the Dabo verdict though - since it was before he arrived at Newcastle. If the club was going to act it should really have been for the McDonald's / Liverpool thing which was a lot worse for a number of reasons.

Like the number of buildings flattened and the civilian death toll. :icon_lol:

Was it not just a case of people enjoying a spot of baseless histrionics?

By the by, I don't think he's the demon he's being made out to be, nor is he close to this years submissions for canonisation. It's a young man with obvious anger problems who hasn't been helped by his (comparative) fame and notoriety.

On the pitch he's not shown me that he's irreplaceable, but I'm not desperate to get shot of him either. I think the Joey Barton that was legitimately pushing for an England chance is a good player and I think we were beginning to see glimpses of that in the final month or so of last season. Mind you, if his performances could match his melodrama he'd be a world beater.

By the by, I don't think he's the demon he's being made out to be, nor is he close to this years submissions for canonisation. It's a young man with obvious anger problems who hasn't been helped by his (comparative) fame and notoriety.

On the pitch he's not shown me that he's irreplaceable, but I'm not desperate to get shot of him either. I think the Joey Barton that was legitimately pushing for an England chance is a good player and I think we were beginning to see glimpses of that in the final month or so of last season. Mind you, if his performances could match his melodrama he'd be a world beater.

Yup, you'll meet much worse than Barton flying back from any 18-30 destination, assuming they aren't trying to open the aircraft doors anyway.

Yup, you'll meet much worse than Barton flying back from any 18-30 destination, assuming they aren't trying to open the aircraft doors anyway.

I'd be half tempted to paint "Free Blu WKD Fridge" on the emergency exit doors for those flights...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/7528581.stm

Take a look at the footage at the bottom of the article.

I've never seen it before, but makes you think why we'd give someone like that a chance. The guy didn't exactly look like any threat, and if he was it looked like the first punch did it, never mind the second, or the third....or fourth...!

Edited by Geordie Boyo

Like the number of buildings flattened and the civilian death toll. :icon_lol:

I wasn't saying it was a really terrible thing, I said it was much worse and it was. The Dabo thing was a training ground spat which got out of hand. The McDonald's thing took place in the early hours of the morning at a time when Barton was allowed time off because he was supposed to be recupperating from an injury. That, coupled with the events that unfolded made it much worse from an NUFC point of view. Plus the fact it happened while he was an NUFC player, whereas the other thing happened before he joined us. Nice try though.

have you seen the videos of his assault on that lad? absolutely savage. the kid goes straight down but barton carries on lacing him while he's on the deck - nice.

also, some lass he's with starts kicking the kid while he's down too.

why do we always end up with players like this? even if barton was any good, you still wouldn't want him at the club after seeing thaat footage - bowyer mark II tbh

I've seen the CCTV footage and while I thought it was bad, it was pretty standard for a night in town and not as bad as people were making out. I think people should get into bother with the law if they do it though and he did.

I've seen the CCTV footage and while I thought it was bad, it was pretty standard for a night in town and not as bad as people were making out. I think people should get into bother with the law if they do it though and he did.

fuck me, remind me not to look you up next time i'm out in town

It's not something I've ever been involved with. Well, not for a long time anyway and even then it wasn't anything I instigated. I'm just being realistic. I said it was bad - he done time and rightly so. It's something a lot of people do though and get away with every Saturday night in every town. I suspect you realised what I was saying and chose to ignore it anyway though.

Edited by alex

It's not something I've ever been involved with. Well, not for a long time anyway and even then it wasn't anything I instigated. I'm just being realistic. I said it was bad - he done time and rightly so. It's something a lot of people do though and get away with every Saturday night in every town. I suspect you realised what I was saying and chose to ignore it anyway though.

i think there's a difference between a fair fight between two piss heads and some psychopath lashing out at some random kid (seemingly unprovoked) and then continuing to lace him while he's on the deck. one is fair game, the other is just savage.

i think there's a difference between a fair fight between two piss heads and some psychopath lashing out at some random kid (seemingly unprovoked) and then continuing to lace him while he's on the deck. one is fair game, the other is just savage.

Fair fight? What's this, 1950? Here man. I fucking hate fighting pissheads regardless. Some little scally setting his lip up to Barton got a chinning, which he was asking for. Barton shouldn't have done what he did. He was an idiot who got what he deserved. Pardon me if my heart isn't bleeding for the lad though.

Fair fight? What's this, 1950? Here man. I fucking hate fighting pissheads regardless. Some little scally setting his lip up to Barton got a chinning, which he was asking for. Barton shouldn't have done what he did. He was an idiot who got what he deserved. Pardon me if my heart isn't bleeding for the lad though.

i lol'd at that.

tbh, i think i'd by trying to find excuses for barton if:

1) he was a good player

or

2) this was an isolated incident.

everyone deserves a second chance but we're talking about a scouse charv that has stubbed a cigar out one teammates' eyeballs and beaten up another so bad that was left him with a damaged eye.

There's two issues there:

1. it wasn't exactly "unprovoked", Barton had had to put up with 30mins (?) of abuse before what you see there - no excuse, but at the same time he didn't just decided to start hitting people for absolutely no reason.

Basically if you wind someone up enough, you've got to expect a reaction, even one like that.

Do you honestly think say Bellamy would have been calm and collected against that? The difference is Bellamy would have minders, and they'd think about things like out of camera view.

2. that was one of the bitchslappy-est fights I've ever seen, loads of demi-haymakers (with little to no power), rabbit-punches and closed fist slaps, but hardly a proper punch in the whole thing. I can't believe anyone that's ever been out in Newcastle (or Liverpool or Leeds or most anywhere else in the UK) hasn't seen or been involved in much, much worse than that. It's pretty telling that the fella in questions worst injury (and the thing that got it bumped up to a higher assault charge) was a chipped tooth.

A drunken fight it was, but some incredibly OTT act of violence? Not really. I've certainly seen women go at each other more violently than that, and I'd seen much worse than that between guy by the time I was 17. :icon_lol:

Now in fairness it would be nice to see EVERYONE that partook in that sort of behaviour serve at least as long in prison as Barton, but at the same time the rhetoric used against him is OTT.

Lets put it this way, I'd rather mess with 3 Barton's at once, than 1 Big Dunc.

:icon_lol: The press must hate that. Absolutely nothing but the bare facts.

don't really like it myself, would prefer to know he had his wages docked/slashed or whatever

if effectively fck all has happened to him i'd not be pleased, guess we wont know till somethings leaked

None of the media's business to be honest, best to keep it all in house imo, give them nothing.

:icon_lol: The press must hate that. Absolutely nothing but the bare facts.

don't really like it myself, would prefer to know he had his wages docked/slashed or whatever

if effectively fck all has happened to him i'd not be pleased, guess we wont know till somethings leaked

You've just said before that you don't want Gazza here because we don't need any negative publicity. Surely you can appreciate that any little bit of info on this could be twisted by into another 'Toon In Turmoil'-type tall tale (ooh alliteration) whereby either Keegan, Barton, Ashley/the Board or any combination of those will be portrayed as being unhappy at the way the meeting went and its outcome. Give the press fuck all beyond what they need to know iyam.

NEWCASTLE United officials can confirm they have met with Joey Barton today (July 29) following which it has been agreed by everyone involved that Joey will remain with the Club.

The Club will not be making any further comment on the matter.

from .co.uk

tbh, I'm glad he's been given another chance as we're short of players and I reckon he could be a useful player if he continues his good form from the end of last season, however this must be his final chance. any more mischief and he should be gone, regardless of the club situation.