Ooooh, isn't it getting dark early

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Ahh, the misery of it being dark when you leave the house for work and dark when you leave work for home.

35596[/snapback]

Argh I hate that.

I'll be the last person in my area of the building most days as well. Spooky. :razz:

I like winter. I like it when the nights draw in, and I don't mind the cold.

I'm still a bit of a sucker for Christmas as well.

The only thing that is annoying about winter is when it snows, and the snow either goes shit and slushy, or it goes really icy, and you have to gingerly make your way over large areas of ice trying not slip over.

Apart from that, winter is great.

I think I get SAD. I get depressed from time to time in the summer. I don't mind a bit of sun and warmth, but I just find myself feeling down more often during the summer than during winter.

The only thing that is annoying about winter is when it snows, and the snow either goes shit and slushy, or it goes really icy, and you have to gingerly make your way over large areas of ice trying not slip over.

I think I get SAD. I get depressed from time to time in the summer. I don't mind a bit of sun and warmth, but I just find myself feeling down more often during the summer than during winter.

35684[/snapback]

Erm, I think SAD only applies to winter, where the lack of natural sunlight can literally drive a person to depression.

Winter's shite it really is. The only good thing is the football, but even then you freeze your bollocks off watching it. January and February are the worst - Christams is gone and there's still months before it gets warm. :razz:

35684[/snapback]

Erm, I think SAD only applies to winter, where the lack of natural sunlight can literally drive a person to depression.

Winter's shite it really is. The only good thing is the football, but even then you freeze your bollocks off watching it. January and February are the worst - Christams is gone and there's still months before it gets warm. :razz:

35686[/snapback]

Thats an interesting point actually. Its called seasonal(ly) affected disorder or similar, and is always applied to winter, but i wonder if you can have the summer equivalent?

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Just been into Tescos. They're laying out an aisle with christmas puddings, mince pies, tins of Roses, selection boxes.

Its the 19th of fucking September.

35690[/snapback]

I know, they're leaving it a bit late aren't they FFS!!! :razz:

35692[/snapback]

For retailers the year seems to be split into three parts:

1st sept to 31st dec - xmas puds, roses/quality street, selection boxes

1st jan to 30th april - Easter eggs

1st may to 31st aug - charcoal brickettes & garden furniture

35684[/snapback]

Winter's shite it really is. The only good thing is the football, but even then you freeze your bollocks off watching it. January and February are the worst - Christams is gone and there's still months before it gets warm. ;)

35686[/snapback]

Thats an interesting point actually. Its called seasonal(ly) affected disorder or similar, and is always applied to winter, but i wonder if you can have the summer equivalent?

35689[/snapback]

Sunburn???